ADVERTISEMENT

This is what I expected after the first two games

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
It was nice to have a little hope just a few weeks back, but the reality is that this season is going exactly how I expected. We can get on Pike, it the reality is that his roster construction was greatly impacted by the last second departures of Cam and Paul. Both transfers caught him completely by surprise forcing him to scramble into a quick fix mode that obviously didn’t work out. Those who say that pike brought in Noah to take Paul’s role away are wrong. Paul was going to be the starter this year with Noah being a change of pace backup. The offense was set up around Cam with the hope that pairing Cam with Gavin would lead to a two-headed deep threat. Gavin wasn’t expected to be the first deep option. Whether you like Cam and Paul, the reality is that they royally screwed this year. I know Paul regrets leaving. I also know that Cam doesn’t give a crap.

Now regarding the offense, we’re in a bit of a tough spot because we had installed a system built around two players who left. We also have a coach who is responsible for offense that just isn’t a great offensive coach. The problem is that that coach also just brought in the highest recruited player ever. So it’s tough.

I fully expect Pike to bring in another coach after this season that will help out on the offensive side, then bring in an offensive ace after next season when it’s likely that one of our assistants leaves.

For the rest of this season, I think the focus should be on getting Gavin and Davis more minutes to get them ready for next season.

It was nice to have a little hope just a few weeks back, but the reality is that this season is going exactly how I expected. We can get on Pike, it the reality is that his roster construction was greatly impacted by the last second departures of Cam and Paul. Both transfers caught him completely by surprise forcing him to scramble into a quick fix mode that obviously didn’t work out. Those who say that pike brought in Noah to take Paul’s role away are wrong. Paul was going to be the starter this year with Noah being a change of pace backup. The offense was set up around Cam with the hope that pairing Cam with Gavin would lead to a two-headed deep threat. Gavin wasn’t expected to be the first deep option. Whether you like Cam and Paul, the reality is that they royally screwed this year. I know Paul regrets leaving. I also know that Cam doesn’t give a crap.

Now regarding the offense, we’re in a bit of a tough spot because we had installed a system built around two players who left. We also have a coach who is responsible for offense that just isn’t a great offensive coach. The problem is that that coach also just brought in the highest recruited player ever. So it’s tough.

I fully expect Pike to bring in another coach after this season that will help out on the offensive side, then bring in an offensive ace after next season when it’s likely that one of our assistants leaves.

For the rest of this season, I think the focus should be on getting Gavin and Davis more minutes to get them ready for next season.
I agree with your post except for the fact that he’s going to hire an offensive coach as has been stated many times by the moderators that he’s fiercely loyal to his coaches and if there’s any hire made it will be Jay Young

Yeah, there aren't really any surprises on the year. Posters who tried to convince others that we had addition by subtraction created some unreal hope.
I agree with above, there is no offensive coach on the way, at least not until one leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT