ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock Sign Up Info (Needed For Wisconsin Game And Basketball Season)

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Will come in handy for basketball season too...

Big Ten Fans Get 1 Year of Peacock for only $59.99 $39.99

Or sign up for a month $5.99

Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service will deliver exclusive Big Ten football and basketball games each season, as eight regular-season football games will appear on the platform along with as many as 47 regular-season men’s basketball games (32 conference and 15 non-conference) and 30 regular-season women’s basketball games (20 conference and 10 non-conference).

Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service will deliver exclusive Big Ten football and basketball games each season, as eight regular-season football games will appear on the platform along with as many as 47 regular-season men’s basketball games (32 conference and 15 non-conference) and 30 regular-season women’s basketball games (20 conference and 10 non-conference).
Comcast/Xfinity customers get Peacock for free.

I'm going to cancel my BTN subscription. I'm not going to be forced to pay to watch a football on tv.
This is ridiculous.

I already have Peacock. I'm not paying extra for BTN.....

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Reactions: DontGetAngry
WTAF with Peacock forcing subscribers to choose one of their stupid avatars.

Comment on Movies. Big fan of comedies. I scrolled through the comedy titles to the letter M. Did not recognize a single movie title. What a huge waste of time and money other than watching a Rutgers game and maybe a couple of other games.

Need Help; I am dumb at this stuff. When I sign up with Peacock, I know I will get the channel to stream on my laptop; BUT will it also create the app on my smart TV automatically (or do I need ROKU or Firestick or something else)?

So question...will I automatically have the app installed on my smart TV so that I can watch the Peacock broadcasts on my TV as well as my laptop???

Tx for any help!

Need Help; I am dumb at this stuff. When I sign up with Peacock, I know I will get the channel to stream on my laptop; BUT will it also create the app on my smart TV automatically (or do I need ROKU or Firestick or something else)?

So question...will I automatically have the app installed on my smart TV so that I can watch the Peacock broadcasts on my TV as well as my laptop???

Tx for any help!
Not automatically, you'll probably have to go to your TV's app search part and type in Peacock to install. Then you'll have to sign in with the info you used on the website.

Tx for any help!
You'll have to download the app on your smart TV or download the app on your streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, Firestick etc..) Use the login credentials you created when you sign up to sign in and you should be good to go.

The app can be found in the apps section of the tv or streaming device. Just search for Peacock. It shouldn't be too hard because it's a widely known streaming service.

If you go monthly for seven months to include BigTen basketball season and September 2024 football it will cost $41.93

If you want a whole year it’s $39.99
Thanks for that. Helpful. Better to get the yearly rate if you throw in Premier League, MLB and some Wimbledon tennis. NFL playoffs will have an exclusive game on there too.

Tx for any help!
You best try to download peacock now using your TV remote. Shere should be a menu to manage apps.. what TV? Do you know the app system used? Some TCL's had Roku, now use Google TV.. Samsung has their own app environment...

Note - you can likely get "Peacock" through your cable interface as well.

For example, I can watch "Peacock" on a "dumb TV" by just saying "Peacock" into the Xfinity remote.
You still need to log in like usual.

Same with Netflix and Disney+ and Youtube.
Xfinity Cable provides access to these services.
Cable companies provide access to 3rd party apps (I'm guessing they get money from the apps/streamers to allow the functionality).

Ironically, my Samsung smart TV doesn't have my Peacock log in saved in the Peacock app.

I always have to through my Xfinity remote and cable interface.

Ironically, my Samsung smart TV doesn't have my Peacock log in saved in the Peacock app.

I always have to through my Xfinity remote and cable interface.
All the tvs in the house were Samsung but the last one I bought was a LG. I tend to think in the future if I need to replace a tv, I'll go back to LG. Samsung tvs have issues with apps and such after some time. They don't update their OS as much as LG does and LG also gives update notifications for their native apps. I can't remember a time I've gotten that on any of the Samsungs.

Reactions: NickRU714
These services have fans tied up by the balls...and very tightly I might add.

By "services" do you mean cable and streamers?
Yes. At least streamers are cheaper per month than hundreds for cable.
Streamers more so. Cable was a known entity. Now streamers jump into the fray, take away the known entity and make one pay more to watch the same product that had a given place on my cable network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT