ADVERTISEMENT

Per Andy Katz: Jeremiah Williams coming in a few games?

Yes, heard him mention he can be back in the next few games. Not sure if he has inside info, or is just going off speculation, did not articulate any more.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I thought they were discussing Austin Williams being healthy and in the lineup but maybe I missed mention of Jeremiah by Katz

It would be more foolish not to allow J Williams to play if cleared within the next 10 days. Doesn’t he still have at least one more season after this one. Unless we figure that actual on floor game experience would not benefit Rutgers next year.

He has played 2 years, one the COVID year.
He would have 2 more if he plays this year.
Yea I could be wrong but wouldn’t he be using a year of eligibility this year whether he plays or not? He already redshirted last year at Iowa State

Fairly certain Pike just made reference to his possible return on the post-game radio interview. Also mentioned Ogbole.

Reactions: Scangg
We are what many expected going in to 2023-2024 a sub 15- 16 win team .One thing I do believe is if We still had Paul and Cam we would be MUCH better a team. Now we are showing that talent wins games … Rutgers Defense is not going to win us many more games this season…

Reactions: RUDave_01 and RAC93
Yea I could be wrong but wouldn’t he be using a year of eligibility this year whether he plays or not? He already redshirted last year at Iowa State
Sit out transfer and redshirt are two different things. I think he was injured at Iowa St for a full year, you can have both without losing a year of eligibility and he has a free year in 20-21.

Reactions: cm_13
Cam Spencer is really good despite the nonsense Hawk is somehow still willing to spout about him
There isn’t a doubt that if both the dearly departed Paul and Cam stayed we would have 2-3 additional wins. We wouldn’t look as completely inept as often as Rutgers does game to game. Truth be told fans could have been more supportive with Mulcahy… Cam ? Other ideas sold him on UConn…. It appears he made a good choice.

Reactions: LOU-RU85
Cam 20 ponts today vs. Georgetown.
6 for 9 from the floor.....5 of 7 on threes.
7 rebounds.
Georgetown is ranked around 270th in defensive efficiency out of 362.
He's not doing it against a team that plays actual defense.

All the RU MBB board experts have once again proven themselves to know very little to less. The newest craze ( knocking Pikiell’s coaching ability) … if it’s not Greg Schiano or Steve Pikiell it will be the wrestling coach… baseball coach…

The only minutes available would be Noah's minutes and maybe some from Simpson and Davis
Not on this team. He's better than all three and takes a lot of all guards' minutes, plus some 3,4 minutes. He should get 30+ mpg., and the starting back court should be him and the other Williams.

Except for Purdue, Northwestern, and Wisconsin — all road wins by the way.

The commentary about Spencer from some people is just absurd.
None of those teams had good guard play last year, look at what FDU did to Purdue guards as a 1seed, NW didn't defend the 3 well last year, and @ Wisconsin we defended Wisconsin's front line so well Wisconsin could only shoot 3s and we turned to Cam to match what Wisconsin was doing, Wisconsin shot 7-21 from 2 and 12-36 from 3, we shot 16-35 from 2 and 7-17 from 3, (Cam 6-10) Rutgers 58-57. 2nd time they saw him, both NW and Purdue shut him down.

Do we have to do the Cam discussion after every game? He didn’t want to be here. He left. It’s dumb to bring up because again he willing said I don’t want to play for your school anymore.

And while I don’t agree with Hawk’s take on the situation, I think every time we feel the loss of Cam some fans direct their frustration at Hawk rather than the man who elected to leave.

There isn’t a doubt that if both the dearly departed Paul and Cam stayed we would have 2-3 additional wins. We wouldn’t look as completely inept as often as Rutgers does game to game. Truth be told fans could have been more supportive with Mulcahy… Cam ? Other ideas sold him on UConn…. It appears he made a good choice.
He got $$$ and he’s the leading scorer on the number 4 team in the country. Yes, good choice.

He got $$$ and he’s the leading scorer on the number 4 team in the country. Yes, good choice.
Exactly … when your coach is more intent on recruiting for “ next year”… you can see how you lose a pretty decent shooter, scorer and team guy. He did what most would in today’s world… take the $$$$ and run. Regardless he hopped aboard the NC team… 😜

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Exactly … when your coach is more intent on recruiting for “ next year”… you can see how you lose a pretty decent shooter, scorer and team guy. He did what most would in today’s world… take the $$$$ and run. Regardless he hopped aboard the NC team… 😜

You mean “team guy” on the basketball floor, correct? Because “team guys” in the locker room don’t spend all off season being the face of the program and waiting until the eve of the portal closing to walk out the door. Because we had team guys like Ron, Geo and Caleb who stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT