ADVERTISEMENT

Pike Gets Endorsement from RHJ... R U Listening Dylan?

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
" It’s great (to play for Pikiell),” Harper said. “I feel like coach Pikiell trusts us. He trusts us to call plays. He kept us in the game today, calling some key timeouts, telling us we need to get stops on the defense and that we were focusing on offense a little bit too much."

And Pike tripled down on this being his best team.

I like Pike...Pike is
RIGHT!

MO

During the 2019-2020 season I approached RH Sr on the court and I said thanks for sending him (RH Jr) here. He looked at me with a serious expression and said “that was all him.”

So let’s hope Ron pushes Dylan!

During the 2019-2020 season I approached RH Sr on the court and I said thanks for sending him (RH Jr) here. He looked at me with a serious expression and said “that was all him.”

So let’s hope Ron pushes Dylan!
I think I heard Mom Harper was the RU-favoring voice when Ron Jr. decided to come here. I don't remember reading very much about Ron Sr.'s point of view during recruitment...or really at any point over the last 5 years. Wasn't ever sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. I guess we can hope that Mom and Ron Jr. can outweigh any reservations the Dad might have about influencing Dylan's decision lol! A Mom and an Older Brother beat a Dad in recruiting every time...we hope! GO RU!!

Reactions: DirtyRU
" It’s great (to play for Pikiell),” Harper said. “I feel like coach Pikiell trusts us. He trusts us to call plays. He kept us in the game today, calling some key timeouts, telling us we need to get stops on the defense and that we were focusing on offense a little bit too much."

And Pike tripled down on this being his best team.

I like Pike...Pike is
RIGHT!

MO
He can thank him by making sure his brother comes here 😜

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Dylan is interested in the big schools and will be sought after by them. The game is already getting easy for him. That's how scary good he might end up

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
I think I heard Mom Harper was the RU-favoring voice when Ron Jr. decided to come here. I don't remember reading very much about Ron Sr.'s point of view during recruitment...or really at any point over the last 5 years. Wasn't ever sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. I guess we can hope that Mom and Ron Jr. can outweigh any reservations the Dad might have about influencing Dylan's decision lol! A Mom and an Older Brother beat a Dad in recruiting every time...we hope! GO RU!!
TBF, he didn’t have a ton of offers

Speaking of NJ parochial prospects, 4 star guard William Richardson of Bergen Catholic went off on Oratory last night. I saw he's committed to Fordham, no RU offer. How does he not even have an RU offer?? He's the biggest recruit in Fordham history.

Speaking of NJ parochial prospects, 4 star guard William Richardson of Bergen Catholic went off on Oratory last night. I saw he's committed to Fordham, no RU offer. How does he not even have an RU offer?? He's the biggest recruit in Fordham history.
I doubt that is true.Digger Phelps teams at Fordham had some great players.

You used the word big. In the context you used it that word doesn’t tell me anything. Presumably you meant the historically most successful programs, the very top echelon.
Yep. Hes still young so who knows how he feels in 2 yrs.. But he's getting really good quick - so them options will likely be there for him

I think that Indiana game revealed just how good a coach Pike is. In fact, a lot of games saw halftime adjustments that brought great results... but switching to the 2-3 D... and having his players ready to play a 2-3 zone D... compliments to the players as well, of course.

But that is exemplary coaching right there.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT