ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino to St John’s Now DONE

So a guy who got someone pregnant and then funded her abortion gets hired at a Catholic University?

Where is the outrage from the Cardinal and all the other anti abortion minions?

If i was a devious person I would start a pressure campaign against St. Johns and rile up the faithful. That would be awesome to see in the NY Post and Daily News. The headlines write themselves " St. Johns Hires the Devil "

They have sold themselves to the devil for a winning basketball team. You cant make this $hit up.
THIS^^^^.

March 2020 NYT article:

“My passion in basketball started in New York and will end there at Iona College,” Pitino said in a statement released by Iona, a Catholic school in Westchester County with an undergraduate enrollment of about 3,300 students.

What a world we live in! GO RU!

Why no reporting of Pitino’s compensation plan?

The founder of Vitamin Water, Mike Repole worth $1.5B, is a big SJU booster and is promoting big NIL dollars to basketball under Ricky. He was on the sidelines under Mike Anderson the past 4 years.

Ricky at SJU and Cooley at Georgetown, both with big NIL support, raises the ante for the other teams in the BE.

Ye
Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU
Yeah but he wins basketball games

He once wrote the book "Success is a Choice." But with the Celtics, "Quitting is an Option."
Actually Lou " The Cheater" Holtz gave Pitino that "Quitting is an Option." book.
In 1976 he left the NY Jets to coach Arkansas before the Jets season ended

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Actually Lou " The Cheater" Holtz gave Pitino that "Quitting is an Option." book.
In 1976 he left the NY Jets to coach Arkansas before the Jets season ended
I didn’t know those were the circumstances. So he pulled the original Petrino?

SIAP, the coach they just fired is suing St Johns because they don't want to pay him the remaining part of his contract, $11 million.

Probably because they don't have it or can't afford to be paying both guys.

Tell those alums who are funding this hire of Pitino to dig deeper.

Probably because they don't have it or can't afford to be paying both guys.

Tell those alums who are funding this hire of Pitino to dig deeper.
That’s what I was thinking. Or they just floated this to see if they would be successful in the event they couldn’t come up with the cash. They may have been able to pull the funding together since Anderson’s firing. There were will probably be a settlement that will get them off the hook for some of it.

Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU
3 teams to a National Championship! Wins every where he goes including Iona.

Ok he cheated on his wife morally terrible. Nothing to do with basketball.

He paid players and got caught . Everyone did and that was the biggest joke in college sports. So much so that the NCAA created NIL to avoid the government investigation which would have showed everyone was paying players. Yes, RU has been paying players going back to the 90’s . Fact!

Ok parties and hookers also morally horrible and also nothing to do with basketball. Definitely not the only coach or program who does .

Bottom line he can coach and will win at a high level.

Forget about big east teams Pike better be on Alert . They are recruiting in the same backyard .

You may not like it but it’s true.

There is no soapbox left in college basketball. If RU or SHU hired Chris Beard tomorrow, no one would care when you made the Dance as a 2 or 3 seed. RU fans as any others would look the other way. Pitino represents all the good and bad of college basketball.
If Hobbs hired Pitino to replace Eddie Jordan would y’all have been offended? He’s a coach not your son in law. That said, he truly is Slick Rick.

Iona was his purgatory until he served his penance. WTH the Catholic President of the US is head cheerleader for abortion.
Huh ??? It’s college basketball. Literally no one cares about what these people do off the court or what moral code they don’t live by

Reactions: Doctor Worm
SIAP, the coach they just fired is suing St Johns because they don't want to pay him the remaining part of his contract, $11 million.
Yes for cause related to academics . Kinda slippery slope for St. John’s to try to save a few bucks. Rick pitino doesn’t exactly recruit Rhodes scholars

Honestly, I don’t see too many posters here trying to claim the moral high ground. No need for the drive-by lectures from Hall fans.
You’re so thin skinned. There is a minority at this and our board so offended by Pitino that they state never Pitino. I wasn’t lecturing you. I come here in peace. It’s an interesting issue. I raise it because both of us are left waiting for next season.

Reactions: Knightmoves
You’re so thin skinned. There is a minority at this and our board so offended by Pitino that they state never Pitino. I wasn’t lecturing you. I come here in peace. It’s an interesting issue. I raise it because both of us are left waiting for next season.
So you say I’m thin skinned, calling me a name in the process, then agree with me that it’s only a few posters claiming the moral high ground. Okay… why are you here again?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
So you say I’m thin skinned, calling me a name in the process, then agree with me that it’s only a few posters claiming the moral high ground. Okay… why are you here again?
Keep typing. You’re proving my point.

He once wrote the book "Success is a Choice." But with the Celtics, "Quitting is an Option."
Funny I have a book signed by him called “one day contract”
Got it signed when I went to watch Rutgers vs Louisville back when flood was the coach. Pitino was out in a tent signing books so figured why not get one.

Reactions: RUPete
So a guy who got someone pregnant and then funded her abortion gets hired at a Catholic University?

Where is the outrage from the Cardinal and all the other anti abortion minions?

If i was a devious person I would start a pressure campaign against St. Johns and rile up the faithful. That would be awesome to see in the NY Post and Daily News. The headlines write themselves " St. Johns Hires the Devil "

They have sold themselves to the devil for a winning basketball team. You cant make this $hit up.
Sorry, the church and Catholic schools are run by people, and we’ve seen plainly in the last two elections that character doesn’t matter to almost half of all Americans, religious or rebellious. I don’t blame St. Johns any more than I point my finger at half of America for immorality. If you wonder why character doesn’t matter, many of you should look in the mirror to see the answer. People in glass houses….

Last edited:
Don’t think St. John’s will be a slow rebuild. Instantly competitive especially now with the portal

Reactions: seneca ave
Don’t think St. John’s will be a slow rebuild. Instantly competitive especially now with the portal
yeah its easy to do when you are recruiting thugs and cheaters and providing hookers and blow.... Try doing it with kids having to go to class. Not sure St. Johns will allow that

Reactions: Kbee3
yeah its easy to do when you are recruiting thugs and cheaters and providing hookers and blow.... Try doing it with kids having to go to class. Not sure St. Johns will allow that
Can’t speak to St. John’s acceptance of these things. Pitinfo said he intends to change the culture of SJU basketball. At Kentucky and Louisville, it was win at all costs. Maybe someone like RU72 has incite.
NLI practically condones this type of culture. And Pitino stressed he’s going to embrace NLI , especially with their high profile donor from vitamin water

It’s premature to say he’s gonna have this turned around in 15 seconds. I think it’s going to be hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT