ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino to St John’s Now DONE

Winning cures many things such that even Catholic school leaders are willing to look the other way on past transgressions. I suspect Slick Rick will have SJU back into the mix sooner rather than later.

Anyone know if he is taking his Iona staff with him?

Two things that Pitino said after accepting the SJU job in the N.Y. Post:

1- Players will need to go to class
2- Players will need to be respectful of others.

If not they will not continue to be in his program.

Pretty much tells us what the current state of SJU BB is.

Im expecting heavy turnover right away.

Curbelo, who ask asked to leave the Illini, was in trouble at St. John’s too

So a guy who got someone pregnant and then funded her abortion gets hired at a Catholic University?

Where is the outrage from the Cardinal and all the other anti abortion minions?

If i was a devious person I would start a pressure campaign against St. Johns and rile up the faithful. That would be awesome to see in the NY Post and Daily News. The headlines write themselves " St. Johns Hires the Devil "

They have sold themselves to the devil for a winning basketball team. You cant make this $hit up.

1. Since 2016 a Catholic can be allowed the Sacrament of Penance for an abortion.

2. SJU is affiliated with the Catholic Church but is not owned or run by the church.

That’s all gonna depend on who the player is . You Antoine Walker or Ron Mercer you don’t got to really do the class thing

No need to call BS. I did it when I learned some things re FHJ. And I'm a fan since the 1960's. Now it's Rutgers at had a miracle run would I get sucked in, maybe, but it's an open question.
Easy to do it for fhj when we sucked. Harder to do it with an all time great and your university is winning and getting lots of good press. You may even find yourself rooting for the kids that play their asses off and win for rutgers

Easy to do it for fhj when we sucked. Harder to do it with an all time great and your university is winning and getting lots of good press. You may even find yourself rooting for the kids that play their asses off and win for rutgers
Yes of course I would. I didn't say I would disown my alma mater or root against them. I just would not be a fan or supporter off the program in the wayss that I typically am. And I wouldn't feel good about how and with whom Rutgers chose to advance themselves. My appreciation of they're successes would be more muted

gross...I hope he fails miserably

This will be a major housecleaning at SJU with 6-8 new players on the team. No question that Ricky is the new sheriff in town.

The Vitamin Water booster is ready to throw serious cash at NIL for St Johns. This is a new era for SJU BB.

Last edited:
1. Since 2016 a Catholic can be allowed the Sacrament of Penance for an abortion.

2. SJU is affiliated with the Catholic Church but is not owned or run by the church.
So would a Baptist LOL. But we do know that St. John's philosophy is to win at all costs. Could you imagine the lash-back if RU decided to hire him.

Last edited:
Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU
So true.

What will happen to Greg "Shoes" Vetrone? Pitino already said he wants to get rid of most of the players.

FDU needs a new coach.

Read that Van Macon will be retained by Pitino. Haven’t heard Vetrano s status.

Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU
He's also taken multiple programs to.the Final Four and has won National.Championships at 2 legendary programs. He's grimy as hell, but he wins. That's all that matters to St. Johns.

Reactions: toby83 and MADHAT1
The guy is a complete narcissist and name dropper. I hope he falls on his face too.
usually the one that deserves to fail because of the way they are will succeed because they are buttheads that know how to play the system and even if forced out, they will find a way back and enter the lime lite again by landing a good job .
The biggest asses are made into basketball gods because they can make the programs they slither into> Winners.
That's all that matters to most college programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT