ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino to St John’s Now DONE

Ricky lives in a big house at Winged Foot GC in Mamaroneck NY and a short ride to SJU.

I look for SJU to have a huge recruiting upgrade right away. The glory days will return for the Johnies. This is a perfect match for both sides and bad news for SHU, Nova and Providence and other BE teams.

I don’t like Ricky but he is successful wherever he goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: miket007
I don’t know about that. He is still a $hit human being. Would you really want him here?
No I wouldn't and I believe a lot of other RU MBB fans wouldn't want him or others like him come to RU.
But looking at the college basketball landscape you'll see there are programs and fanbases that put wins above character and bring in scandal plagued coaches because they're known winners
I'm also sure that if Pike didn't turn the RU MBB progrsm around there would be some RU MBB fans suggesting hiring Rick so he could turn RU into a winner .

Almost 70 right?
He'll get them on the road to success, that's what he's being hired for.
Then the Johnny's AD will look for a replacement when he decides to retire.
Could even be his son if Ricky has the Lobos looking good when daddy decides to call it quits.

Reactions: Knightmoves
This had to happen for all parties involved, probably a year later than expected, but helps the image of the region and Big East. Makes life tougher for the middle of the Big East (Seton Hall or Providence) .... the rest of the bottom of the Big East (DePaul, Georgetown, Butler) have to be concerned they may be stuck there for the near future.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
This had to happen for all parties involved, probably a year later than expected, but helps the image of the region and Big East. Makes life tougher for the middle of the Big East (Seton Hall or Providence) .... the rest of the bottom of the Big East (DePaul, Georgetown, Butler) have to be concerned they may be stuck there for the near future.
Seton Hall will be fine with Holloway. Very good coach and good recruiter.

Reactions: seneca ave
Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU

Note:
For perspective, the St John's administrations wouldn't let Chris Mullin hire Mike Rice as an assistant coach a couple years ago. They sure seem to be getting desperate with hiring Pitino...

I'm also sure that if Pike didn't turn the RU MBB progrsm around there would be some RU MBB fans suggesting hiring Rick so he could turn RU into a winner .

What message boards are you reading. Plenty of fans calling for Pitino to be hired here since the MSG home game 🤣🤣

What message boards are you reading. Plenty of fans calling for Pitino to be hired here since the MSG home game 🤣🤣
heck some of those fans you're talking about would want Satan if he could bring home a National Championship.
For some wins are the only thing one should think about, how the program gets them is unimportant, just don't get caught and if you do claim everyone does it.😲

So a guy who got someone pregnant and then funded her abortion gets hired at a Catholic University?

Where is the outrage from the Cardinal and all the other anti abortion minions?

If i was a devious person I would start a pressure campaign against St. Johns and rile up the faithful. That would be awesome to see in the NY Post and Daily News. The headlines write themselves " St. Johns Hires the Devil "

They have sold themselves to the devil for a winning basketball team. You cant make this $hit up.

So a guy who got someone pregnant and then funded her abortion gets hired at a Catholic University?

Where is the outrage from the Cardinal and all the other anti abortion minions?

If i was a devious person I would start a pressure campaign against St. Johns and rile up the faithful. That would be awesome to see in the NY Post and Daily News. The headlines write themselves " St. Johns Hires the Devil "

They have sold themselves to the devil for a winning basketball team. You cant make this $hit up.
Yawn , Iona hired him first .

No one cares about any of this , except for rutgers fans it seems . Which is odd

Yup…this is a zero sum game

St. John’s getting better hurts and moves down

Seton hall
Villanova
Providence

Marquette , Xavier , Creighton and UConn are all programs with bigger support and infrastructure and will stay in the top
Half of the big east

If cooley stays at providence …the new coaches at seton hall, Villanova and Georgetown really got their work cut out for them

Man St. John’s is in desperation mode to hire a 70 something coach who was at the center of major NCAA violations who orchestrated the movement of money and whores to players and their handlers, boned a chick on a restaurant pool table, got her pregnant, had the lady get an abortion, had an assistant coach act like the kid was his then used a dorm building named after a family member on Louisville’s campus to bring hookers on campus for the enjoyment of the team and recruits. If this doesn’t say scumbag of the highest order in the business of college basketball I don’t know what else does.

St. John’s is so irrelevant in the world of college basketball it seems like it had to sell its soul to the devil to make this hire.

GO RU
There is no soapbox left in college basketball. If RU or SHU hired Chris Beard tomorrow, no one would care when you made the Dance as a 2 or 3 seed. RU fans as any others would look the other way. Pitino represents all the good and bad of college basketball.

Reactions: Plum Street
There is no soapbox left in college basketball. If RU or SHU hired Chris Beard tomorrow, no one would care when you made the Dance as a 2 or 3 seed. RU fans as any others would look the other way. Pitino represents all the good and bad of college basketball.
You would be correct if Notre Dinero hired Pitino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT