ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino shame

It reminds me when I went to MSG to see Knicks - Heat after the suspensions on a Friday night. This atmosphere is just as intense.
Gonna be a tough one for St. John’s to win but man what a turnaround.

Gonna be a tough one for St. John’s to win but man what a turnaround.
They should get in either way but I haven’t been following the bubble busters as closely as I should have. 😎 They are still in it though.

UConn laying claim to msg and St. John’s playing their part. Might grab a ticket to the final tomorrow.

I was surprised St. John’s was able to stay in the game, given that UConn shot 58% from the field, 50% from 3 and 91% from the foul line. UConn was always in control, but every time they looked like they were going to pull away, St. John’s was able to claw back.

That said, UConn’s guards, Newton and our boy Cam, had better games today against a tournament team than any of our guards had all season.

It reminds me when I went to MSG to see Knicks - Heat after the suspensions on a Friday night. This atmosphere is just as intense.
Ahh man the Knicks had like 7 guys dressed lol John Wallace and Scottie Brooks were getting big minutes and they almost pulled it out!

Ahh man the Knicks had like 7 guys dressed lol John Wallace and Scottie Brooks were getting big minutes and they almost pulled it out!
Yeah it was INSANE! LJ played center and the place was completely jacked!

I was surprised St. John’s was able to stay in the game, given that UConn shot 58% from the field, 50% from 3 and 91% from the foul line. UConn was always in control, but every time they looked like they were going to pull away, St. John’s was able to claw back.

That said, UConn’s guards, Newton and our boy Cam, had better games today against a tournament team than any of our guards had all season.
St. Johns will be a tough opponent in the NCAA Tournament.They are a mini UConn with scorers at every position along with a Hall of Fame head coach.

Well I’m not saying it’s appropriate but did anyone here survive a coach who screamed , cursed and publicly lambasted them? No physical harm but some unsavory language? These players have heard and used much worse in their short time on this earth. What Pitino did was done to embarrass them … it must have worked … BTW didn’t Shaheen Holloway do almost similar some weeks ago at Seton Hall? Players know their coaches well… Pikiell is a great guy who players love but loving and playing well are not one and the same.

Perhaps there are still players out there that have the balls and want to be challenged and called out when under performing.

They get motivated by it (clearly this case) vs. go hinding in a corner.

Guess we'll see how many players want to come I. Next year after all this. My guess is a lot.

Mike Repole might also have something to do with players coming to play for St. Johns.

https://www.si.com/fannation/name-i...e St,Johnnies returning to national relevancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT