ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt

combes

Freshman
Jul 10, 2001
just lost to Nicholls State 75-70. Nichols is an athletic team that plays in your face full court defense.

Parity in college hoops is going nowhere.

Every game is a battle.

just lost to Nicholls State 75-70. Nichols is an athletic team that plays in your face full court defense.

Nichols must be pretty good. They took Illinois to OT in Champagne in the first game.

Nichols must be pretty good. They took Illinois to OT in Champagne in the first game.
I thought they were pretty good. Illinois got up 20, let up just a bit, and it seemed like Nicholls made every three the last 7-8 minutes.

I was actually glad to see them beat Pitt so it confirmed that they were decent.

Last edited:
Our guys need to treat EVERY game as a war and stop reading their press clippings! They need to treat every team as a challenge and never take their foot off the gas until the final whistle....
Seldom do players read their press clippings. Most don't have time to consider the media (print) when you factor in their schedule load.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Seldom do players read their press clippings. Most don't have time to consider the media (print) when you factor in their schedule load.

Very true

However, The kids on this team are very active on the social media. Pike has commented about some times last year when we had success followed a period when “the kids put the phone away”....

Very true

However, The kids on this team are very active on the social media. Pike has commented about some times last year when we had success followed a period when “the kids put the phone away”....
Social media is difficult to control with the younger generation.

Our guys need to treat EVERY game as a war and stop reading their press clippings! They need to treat every team as a challenge and never take their foot off the gas until the final whistle....
When you rarely shoot the 3-ball ball well and foul-shooting is dicey and unclutch, the margin for error is slim. I can’t say often that Coach Pikiell’s teams effort and intensity were not there. His teams compete and hustle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT