ADVERTISEMENT

*** Please Read ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Otterstedt

Hall of Famer
Jul 10, 2001
I just did a tour through the board and found myself needing a beer....or 10.

I realize that my concern is over a small, vocal group, but I need to say this:
1) You guys wanted a new coach.
2) You got a new coach.
3) The new coach is the defensive coordinator of a team that lost 2 games over the past 2 years, working under arguably the most respected coach in the country. Oh, and he has a national championship ring.
4) Whether you like it or not, he stayed to coach his team in the bowl game. You can't change it.
5) Working within the confines of the budget he was given, he hired the best staff he could hire. You can't change it.

While I support your right to express your thoughts about any aspect of the program, I will not let you beat the drum of negativity from one thread to the next. This is supposed to be a time of great enthusiasm and hope. I'm enthusiastic, and I'm hopeful, and I ask you to try and be the same.....and if you are not, you are going to have to do your best not to pollute one thread after another.

So, you might be asking yourself, "What does it matter what I say on the board or how often I say it?" Here are my answers:
1) The rest of the world likes to take pot shots at Rutgers. This should be a bastion for fans trying to escape those who trash Rutgers for no reason.
2) We are all on the same team. The board runs better - and we all get along better - when kindness and a general positive tone rules the day. I say "general positive tone" because I want to leave room for disagreement. However, someone with an axe to grind who grinds it in one thread after another destroys that general positive tone and makes the board unreadable for everyone.
3) Recruits read the boards. Parents of recruits read the boards. Just about every player and their parents read the boards. That alone should be enough to make you think twice before posting.

If you got this far, thank you for reading....and Happy New Year!

I will reply so as to bump this higher.

Amen!

By the way, the bottom line is that the staff so far represents very important aspects of Ash's stated intent: Coaches who are ALL on the same page, who he can trust to execute the strategies and tactics he desires for the program, and who he believes are consistent with the culture changes he wishes to make.

Add to that, there is actually a nice balance of younger and potentially high energy and really ambitious assistants, with some truly experienced, veteran coaches that add maturity to the staff. Almost all the assistants have SOME relevant P5 coaching experience (more than could be said for the prior coaching staff). A number have a LOT of P5 experience. Most of the new assistants come from very good coaching "trees" also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT