ADVERTISEMENT

Politi - Per source, Pinstripe wants Rutgers

shocked no way GIF

Like our chances against any of these ACC opponents except GA Tech. That is a hungry program on the rise, that game could turn ugly for us quickly. Miami is very beatable.

Reactions: CrankyMonkey
Keep it either way. You can always golf or bike.
I can bike around here, lots of big hills where I live. Getting ready for a monster hilly ride in late April in Belgium. Have been unable to golf in a couple of years due to an injury but I have been hitting the range this summer and Fall. I can actually make a full turn and swing pain free. Back to hitting it far without over swinging. I'll be back on the course in 2024!

Isn't Politi the same guy who said Schiano deserves a contract extension?? That guy?
With that statement he has no idea what he is talking about.
Maybe Brownstripe Bowl wants us but the overwhelming majority of RU Nation wants nothing to do with them.

With that statement he has no idea what he is talking about.
Maybe Brownstripe Bowl wants us but the overwhelming majority of RU Nation wants nothing to do with them.
Very happy to be in the Pinstripe. Means I don't have to travel to someplace I'd only be marginally interested in during the busiest travel time and it avoids holiday conflicts for me. Unless we're a 9+ win team going to a very prestigious bowl, I'm fine staying local.

Very happy to be in the Pinstripe. Means I don't have to travel to someplace I'd only be marginally interested in during the busiest travel time and it avoids holiday conflicts for me. Unless we're a 9+ win team going to a very prestigious bowl, I'm fine staying local.
Agreed

Reactions: CrankyMonkey

Yeah, don't think the "majority of RU Nation" was very accurate.

Playing Syracuse would be a strategic blunder. Way too much risk for way too little reward.
We would whoop Syracuse and Boston College. Miami and and similar teams would be a tough matchup for us at this point.

We would whoop Syracuse and Boston College. Miami and and similar teams would be a tough matchup for us at this point.
It's not clear that the team will whoop anybody at this stage. We don't yet know who would play and the team is pretty banged up. And, no offense, but you don't exactly have a good track record of accurate predictions about games RU will win.

In any event, as I said, it's a risk with little reward.

Even further off: he said "overwhelming majority of RU nation" wants nothing to do with Pinstripe.
How do you know that? How could anybody know what the overwhelming majority of RU nation, whatever that is, thinks about the Pinstripe bowl?

I'm guessing most people assign whatever personal feelings they have onto the amorphously defined "RU nation".

Reactions: Local Shill
How do you know that? How could anybody know what the overwhelming majority of RU nation, whatever that is, thinks about the Pinstripe bowl?

I'm guessing most people assign whatever personal feelings they have onto the amorphously defined "RU nation".
I'm 99% certain, based on complex algorithms you wouldn't understand, that there is no single position that the "overwhelming majority" of Rutgers fans has on the Pinstripe Bowl or any bowl.

We'd probably even not have an "overwhelming majority" supporting going to a CFP bowl on 1/1, lol. Although I have to say, it's nice to have them on the traditional day - I miss not always having the major bowls on 1/1.

Edit: also, my post got 7 likes and the one denigrating the Pinstripe Bowl got zero. Science ftw. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapinLou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT