ADVERTISEMENT

POSSIBLE Improvements Coming To Rutgers Baseball

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
I do not claim to know any "insiders" so what I am getting is far down the grapevine (and no, I wasn't at Subway). Rutgers Baseball MAY be getting some improvements to our "ehem", ballpark. It does not include more seating,but several things that will make it look more like a Division 1 baseball facility,as opposed to our current situation which is basically a high school field at The Shore,only with artificial turf. This is really outside the box thinking from Hobbs,from what I was told. IF this is going to happen,it should be announced by the end of the season and be ready by next year. I know this is like saying somewhere in New Jersey it will snow within the next five years,but that's all I've got.

Saw a post somewhere that they're doing things to make the backround better for batters.

I asked this in a different thread but didn't see an answer. Didn't the master plan for athletics show they were planning on moving the baseball and softball fields?

Saw a post somewhere that they're doing things to make the backround better for batters.

I asked this in a different thread but didn't see an answer. Didn't the master plan for athletics show they were planning on moving the baseball and softball fields?

This pic has OTB comments on it, but shows the plan.

Screen_shot_2015-06-22_at_6.35.27_PM.0.png

Probably the same ideas that were being tossed around when Julie was here; essentially making it more "fan friendly" and especially "hitter friendly" as the field's placement, and that of home plate, is awful. The sun should really never be facing home plate (especially at the college level and up...). Most fields/stadiums will have the sun moving from behind CF/RF towards home plate, down the right field line, not going from left to center as the sun is setting. Brutal.

Probably the same ideas that were being tossed around when Julie was here; essentially making it more "fan friendly" and especially "hitter friendly" as the field's placement, and that of home plate, is awful. The sun should really never be facing home plate (especially at the college level and up...). Most fields/stadiums will have the sun moving from behind CF/RF towards home plate, down the right field line, not going from left to center as the sun is setting. Brutal.

Yeah, the plan shows not only moving the baseball field but turning both fields 180 degrees.

Found this in a quick search:
Rutgers board to approve $3.5M training center for baseball, softball - News - NorthJersey.com
>The prefabricated structure will house an indoor baseball field and batting cages and be erected next to the Rutgers Athletic Center on the Livingston campus, said Antonio Calcado, senior vice president for planning.

Calcado said the cost of the project will be paid for from private donations.<
http://www.northjersey.com/news/rut...aining-center-for-baseball-softball-1.1504089

edit: adding this :
>March 19, 2016
PISCATAWAY, N.J.
– With construction of the Fred Hill Training Complex to begin in the coming weeks, Rutgers Athletics has adjusted parking for those attending baseball and softball games this spring. Fans coming to Bainton Field or the RU Softball Complex will be asked to park at the RAC (green or yellow lots) and walk across the street.<
http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031916aaa.html

Last edited:
Found this in a quick search:
Rutgers board to approve $3.5M training center for baseball, softball - News - NorthJersey.com
>The prefabricated structure will house an indoor baseball field and batting cages and be erected next to the Rutgers Athletic Center on the Livingston campus, said Antonio Calcado, senior vice president for planning.

Calcado said the cost of the project will be paid for from private donations.<
http://www.northjersey.com/news/rut...aining-center-for-baseball-softball-1.1504089

edit: adding this :
>March 19, 2016
PISCATAWAY, N.J.
– With construction of the Fred Hill Training Complex to begin in the coming weeks, Rutgers Athletics has adjusted parking for those attending baseball and softball games this spring. Fans coming to Bainton Field or the RU Softball Complex will be asked to park at the RAC (green or yellow lots) and walk across the street.<
http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031916aaa.html

You know the facility is nothing new, right?

You know the facility is nothing new, right?
Knew there was a plan started during Herman's time , but didn't know it was OKed and the money was there to start it. That's why I posted it and Heaven starting a thread about improvements to the baseball field made me think the training center might be part of those improvements.

The graphic above is from the athletics section of the University Physical Master Plan.
It is a 15 year plan. It has nothing to do with the OP, nor does construction of the Baseball practice facility (which is absent in this plan).

Knew there was a plan started during Herman's time , but didn't know it was OKed and the money was there to start it. That's why I posted it and Heaven starting a thread about improvements to the baseball field made me think the training center might be part of those improvements.

The facility is all Julie's let's not have any misunderstanding there (I'm saying this in general, not just to you...). Heaven's OP is about additional "improvements" coming, no doubt, but like I said above more-or-less ones that will help fans enjoy the game day experience a little more and, somehow, a way to keep the sun out of the batter's eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT