ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-game Festivities in NYC for RU vs Mich (Sat Feb 1) - Drink Specials Added!

ScarletKid2008

All American
Sep 8, 2006
Bergen County, NJ
Posted this on the Round Table but sharing here as well as there might be additional posters we could reach ....

Rutgers will face off vs Michigan in a double header at Madison Sq Garden, NYC next Saturday Feb 1st (in case you lived under a rock)

Wrestling 1pm
Basketball approx. 4:00-4:30pm

The amount of RU alumn and fans within 60 minutes of the venue and the access via public transportation makes this a really great opportunity to showcase to the B1G, Mich fans, and the nation that RU/NYC connection is strong .. really strong. So if you're on the fence … make a #gardenstatement and get yourself to the Garden in red !

Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) is hosting a pregame event from 10:30am-12:30pm at Stout NYC (133 W33rd street - less than half a block from MSG, NJ transit, PATH). $10 to register for this event gets your appetizers, RU swag, some giveaways, and a ticket for some meaningful raffle prizes (the last event they had autographed Pike bball). Currently only 100 people signed up for that, we need to do better.

Link to RUAA pregame event:
https://www.cvent.com/events/r-game...summary-bccacded36fa47e981eeb95259744cc1.aspx

For those of you coming in for the basketball only part of the session ….

Let's continue the party at Stout NYC! The Feb 1 unofficial gathering and pre-game location for the RANKED RU men's basketball team. Let's keep the place packed with red all day. Looking forward to meeting and seeing many of you there!!

I'm going to reach out to Stout on Monday to see if we can organize specials, control of music/sound, or something. (I've already proposed to the RUAA organizers and the NYC alumni club to host an extended pre-game for bball only, but not happening) I'll update post following contacting them with anything they might be willing to offer to accommodate us.

There are tickets available for as low as $35 + fees on Ticketmaster!

LETS GO RU !! GARDENSTATEMENT AT THE GARDEN !

*** Added specials below ***

We have secured the downstairs (to the right) large bar area for Rutgers fans on Saturday 1-4pm at Stout.

Additionally we have securing the following drink discounts:
  • Buckets of bud light - 6 beers for $25 ($6 discount)
  • Craft Bucket - 5 craft beers for $25 ($20 discount)
  • White Claw Buckets - 5 assorted flavors for $25 ($15 discount)
  • $6 pints of Brooklyn Lager ($2 discount)
  • $6 pints of Fat Tire ($2 discount)
  • $5 pints of miller light ($2 discount)
We are pending if they will approve any food discounts or not, but full menu will be available.

Last edited:
83807374_10112069897086369_5404966645502312448_n.jpg

I may just go and buy a second ticket, for only $35, so I can swing by and give all you guys shit who are “too good” to come to the wrestling match!!!

:Eyes: :See::chairshot:[cheers]

Reactions: jersey07080
CHA-CHING for Stout on Saturday, there will be a ridiculous amount of booze flowing in that place. No brainer for them to work with you guys to piggyback the official event with an informal continuation of festivities through the afternoon.

Last edited:
We have secured the downstairs (to the right) large bar area for Rutgers fans on Saturday 1-4pm at Stout.

We are pending if they will approve any food discounts or not, but full menu will be available.

I may just go and buy a second ticket, for only $35, so I can swing by and give all you guys shit who are “too good” to come to the wrestling match!!!

:Eyes: :See::chairshot:[cheers]
Some people just aren't that into wrestling. Don't take it so personally.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Just to be clear, when you say downstairs, you mean the basement bar area, correct? I met up with friends who said to go upstairs and I took the steps to the 2nd floor, narrow area with tables. They meant street level which is upstairs when compared to the lower basement bar area.

The craft beer discount is great!

Just to be clear, when you say downstairs, you mean the basement bar area, correct? I met up with friends who said to go upstairs and I took the steps to the 2nd floor, narrow area with tables. They meant street level which is upstairs when compared to the lower basement bar area.

“down to the right” has to be the level below street-level, which has a lobby, bathrooms, and bar.

Yes basement level. You enter from the street - the stairs are to the right. Once you reach the bottom of the stairs in the basement, the bar area we are in is to the right.

Don't want to be running to the bathroom during the hoops action. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Famous last words

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT