ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Basketball versus Iowa Part II

That's actually completely wrong.
If extends out an elbow length - shooting the ball.

The understanding of the cylinder rule is a little shocking for such a usuaally well informed board.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...s-players-must-mind-cylinder-season/91631966/

“The cylinder is an area for the offensive player to start a basketball play, which is start a shot, a dribble or a pass. It’s defined as the hip area, the rear area, and the space in front of the offensive player when his elbows are bent and he’s holding the ball in front of him,” Cahill said.

Cahill said that interpretation will be interesting when a defender is clipped, perhaps in the face, and the foul is called on that defender for invading the offensive player’s cylinder.

“The whole purpose of it is to create more movement by the offensive players. I think early on in the season, we may see more fouls called. But I think players, coaches and officials will all adjust and it will get into a flow as the season progresses,” Cahill said.
It may have been the right call but I think we need to launch Bo into the sun anyway, just to be safe.

Its crazy how many farm boys flock to this thread already.

We should give them some rhythm, cooking, and phallic extension tips while they're here though.

It’s nice that the ball is starting to go in but we aren’t doing anything to make them uncomfortable. Every guy on their team scores at will.

Rutgers scoring on most possssions but can't stop Iowa on offense.They are on pace to score at least 80 points.Baker having a terrific game.

Reactions: GORU2014
The game has slowed down for Iowa and they're playing at a comfortable pace. Rutgers needs to speed things up and make it more of a scramble. May be risky, but I don't think you guys can trade baskets and expect to win. Full court press, more energy on defense.

Really appreciate Keegan's game. Wish he would hang around, but you can't pass up lottery money.

Reactions: koko2315
Rutgers scoring on most possssions but can't stop Iowa on offense.They are on pace to score at least 80 points.Baker having a terrific game.

Iowa averaged 80ppg in conference.
We shut them down last time but it was very much the anomaly for them.

Unstoppable force vs. immovable object

Whenever we get out hustled for a loose ball we always get a 3 drilled on us. It really never fails

4 fvcking guy to their 1 and they get the rebound.

Pike really wants this one over with this lineup.

Would be nice to get some low post scoring from Cliff other than a dunk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT