ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Basketball versus Iowa Part II

Geo and Ron need to be getting shots up. Against a zone we should be able to have them taking shots
Yes scang we need to move the ball with more purpose. The swinging it side to side shit isn’t going to fly against teams like Iowa

REFS SUCK

That was some bullspit that elbow to the face offensive foul being changed to a foul on Harper.

I thought they couldn't call fouls not called on the floor because of video review.

We lost the ball, a foul on Murray and possible Technical FTs because of some seriously nefarious ref conference around a monitor.

TOTAL SCREWJOB.

And that is supported by all the other NON-CALLS in Iowa's favor.

Last edited:
Yes scang we need to move the ball with more purpose. The swinging it side to side shit isn’t going to fly against teams like Iowa
If you quickly and aggressively swing the ball you can move the zone and attack. Take a dribble to suck the D and swing it. These lazy slow passes 35 feet out while everyone stands around isn't doing anything

Yet we had it down to 6 and gave up another 3 and failed to score

The refs aren't the issue

We are doing little to bother Iowas offensive rhythm and their defense is better than ours
the only bad call was the Harper call....think otherwise they are calling a game which will benefit RU....NO foul trouble at all right now.

We were flat out robbed on Carlton's second foul. Terrible swing. This is why BIG ten hyped up teams lose easily in the Tourney. They don't have the refs to protect them anymore.

REFS SUCK

That was some bullpit that elbow to the face offensive foul being changed to a foul on Harper.

I thought they couldn't call fouls not called on the floor because of video review.

We lost the ball, a foul on Murray and possible Technical FTs because of some seriously nefarious ref conference around a monitor.

TOTAL SCREWJOB.

And that is supported by all the other NON-CALLS in Iowa's favor.
Possibly a 6 point swing total BS you can’t reverse a foul call

It had little to do with the way he was subbing. The team lost its aggressiveness, and that is the difference.
Having Hyatt and Mag on the court at the same time or Miller and Hyatt for periods of time certainly didn't help.
Like I said, we should be well rested because no matter the circumstance Pike continued to substitute regularly as the deficit grew and grew with absolutely 0 from the bench.

How many wide open 3s did we give up … did any one of the players and coaches watch Iowa’s game yesterday … beyond frustrating.

Reactions: bac2therac
Players are afraid to shoot.

Mulcahy is hesitating which is the bad version of himself.

Mulcahy needs to want to shoot, that is the good version.

I thought the substituting was horrible.

Keep the starters in. The players can rest over the summer not now.

Murray needs to be doubled teamed and harassed, let somebody else from their team try to score.
Ron played 17, Geo 19, McConnell 18, Mulcahy 16, and Cliff with 2 fouls 13.

image.png
Lol. The cylinder is hips up, not an elbow extension a foot out. These frackers review and then do that?

How many wide open 3s did we give up … did any one of the players and coaches watch Iowa’s game yesterday … beyond frustrating.
Yes we’re frustrated but we’ll see in 5min and 21 seconds if our shooters come out with fire in the second

Reiber has been lights out from 3 lately and we haven't tried to use him to space the floor and bust the zone

Hawks have a bad habit of coming out slow after halftime. I would look for Rutgers to even the game up by the first media timeout. Baseline 3 vs the zone is going to be available, just need to knock them down. Baker playing so well, could put up 30 this game if he keeps shooting.

Still think you guys need to get more drive action in the gaps of the zone then move the ball crisply. That, or inside out. The zone will extend and leave the middle open for kickouts as well.

I would imagine Iowa will use more clock on offense and not quick-shoot. Make the Knights defend for at least 20 seconds. Half court offense has been so much better for Iowa the latter half of the season.

LOL at complaining about refs. If we hit our shots, we’d be winning right now. We dropped the intensity when they started with the zone, both on O and D. That’s why we’re losing, not the refs.

It also looked like Cliff, and to a lesser extent, Ron are a little off right now in their mobility, perhaps due to whatever Ron did right at the start of the game to his knee, and Cliff’s ankle roll.

Hopefully they taped up Cliff’s ankle tighter and we can apply more typical RU defense in the second half. And we gotta rebound a lot better.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Plus they are 10 for 10 from the line. And then we saw how to use fouls to eat clock time before the half. Something we couldn’t do in Indiana game.

Also chucking long range 3's is not our game. That should have been an immediate red flag to our coaches.

Hawks have a bad habit of coming out slow after halftime. I would look for Rutgers to even the game up by the first media timeout. Baseline 3 vs the zone is going to be available, just need to knock them down. Baker playing so well, could put up 30 this game if he keeps shooting.

Still think you guys need to get more drive action in the gaps of the zone then move the ball crisply. That, or inside out. The zone will extend and leave the middle open for kickouts as well.

I would imagine Iowa will use more clock on offense and not quick-shoot. Make the Knights defend for at least 20 seconds. Half court offense has been so much better for Iowa the latter half of the season.
McCaffery’s evil twin advising RU on how to win

• Haha
Reactions: BrewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT