ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Basketball versus Iowa Part II

LOL at complaining about refs.
Not really complaining, just one horribly reversed call on a review. That actually changed the entire complexion of the end of the 1st half. I didn't even know they could do that as I thought they were just looking at a flagrant.

How many wide open 3s did we give up … did any one of the players and coaches watch Iowa’s game yesterday … beyond frustrating.
It’s almost like we have a consistent defensive philosophy that gives up some open threes in exchange for other things.

You have 20 minutes to STEP UP or STEP OUT what's it going to be. Game flow sux right now and we are chasing the play on defense.

Seems like we've had a little issue collecting the ball. It's like it's slicker for us

Lol. The cylinder is hips up, not an elbow extension a foot out. These frackers review and then do that?
That's actually completely wrong.
If extends out an elbow length - shooting the ball.

The understanding of the cylinder rule is a little shocking for such a usuaally well informed board.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...s-players-must-mind-cylinder-season/91631966/

“The cylinder is an area for the offensive player to start a basketball play, which is start a shot, a dribble or a pass. It’s defined as the hip area, the rear area, and the space in front of the offensive player when his elbows are bent and he’s holding the ball in front of him,” Cahill said.

Cahill said that interpretation will be interesting when a defender is clipped, perhaps in the face, and the foul is called on that defender for invading the offensive player’s cylinder.

“The whole purpose of it is to create more movement by the offensive players. I think early on in the season, we may see more fouls called. But I think players, coaches and officials will all adjust and it will get into a flow as the season progresses,” Cahill said.

This game shows the importance of matchups in tournament games.Iowa is a bad matchup for Rutgers becaue of their scoring prowess which othe league teams don't match.Rutgers had a great early start but Iowa switched to a zone defensse and Rutgers missed easy shots around the basket.Iowa leads 14-0 in bench scoring.

You want to beat zone get PM up at fouling turn face basket get cutters to the hoop and keep a guy in each corner for kick out

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
I don’t get why there are so many negative comments, Rutgers is halfway to the quad 1 loss half the board has been salivating over the last week.

Reactions: cruhawk
O my you just can't play better D. Another one with one of those can't miss games. Try a blind shot kid you'll make it.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Geo playing very well today.

Might be time to put McConnell on Murray every once in a while?

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
This effing team just doesn’t miss. Thankfully we’re matching

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT