ADVERTISEMENT

PSU @ Iowa (1/31/20)

Abe Assad didn't look very impressive, not sure how he ended up all the way at #8. Brooks was much better than him.

Great match but what is BTN doing? Kemerer by far was the outstanding wrestler.

Reactions: MS-RU
He walked off but he was in serious pain on the mat. You could tell he wasn't right all match.

Some observations on this match: Desantos "limp" appeared to be of the fake variety. One with a little embellishment like the ones my kids used to do when they were seeking attention. He seemed to be perfectly fine until he was cradled up tightly and cried out. Came back to wrestle after the ref gave him a break and seemed to be ok. Suddenly cried again the moment he was locked up in the second cradle. Got up, said he was done. When he walked off the mat, his limp seemed to be completely missing. Brands took a chance on a very good wrestler but he seems to be in the midst of dealing with a loaded canon. This may just another episode added to the Desanto saga.

Now that 165 was B1G wrestling!!! Fun to watch!!

Awesome match! I am a fan of the Bull, even more so after watching the "Eli and Alex" episode. This was a bloody battle which could have gone either way. I cant wait to watch this final live at the RAC!

Kemerer with some slick scrambling. Carver bites Hall yet again.

Some great scrambling skills for sure! And he neutralized Hall's scrambling skills for some seemingly easy takedowns. Great job by him and well earned.

Good to see hall go down

Always fun to see a great match and a dominant wrestler fall to the underdog...unless it's an RU wrestler of course. My true pleasure is watching Gable Steveson get beat by anybody though.

Reactions: Ban Basketball
I don’t think Desanto would forfeit 6 points in the biggest dual for Iowa in several years.

Reactions: obrats
I don’t think Desanto would forfeit 6 points in the biggest dual for Iowa in several years.

You wouldn't think so, but he hasn't always made the sanest decisions on the mat. What I saw last night didnt convince me he had a bad physical injury. Soon as he was locked in a cradle twice, screams out in pain like his leg was chopped off. It's rare to see a D1 wrestler scream and cry on the mat. Even rarer that scenario happens when the circumstances indicate no trauma appeared to be delivered other than tightly cradled and ready to be turned. Non convincing and possibly embellished limp before he medically forfeited. No limp after he medically forfeited. Will see going forward what happens with him.

Reactions: Ban Basketball
Some observations on this match: Desantos "limp" appeared to be of the fake variety. One with a little embellishment like the ones my kids used to do when they were seeking attention. He seemed to be perfectly fine until he was cradled up tightly and cried out. Came back to wrestle after the ref gave him a break and seemed to be ok. Suddenly cried again the moment he was locked up in the second cradle. Got up, said he was done. When he walked off the mat, his limp seemed to be completely missing. Brands took a chance on a very good wrestler but he seems to be in the midst of dealing with a loaded canon. This may just another episode add
Well stated, and you saw EXACTLY the same thing that I saw. Limp was maybe the worst acting I've ever seen, wrestled fine in between, walked off of the mat just fine, and was curiously "injured" during two, almost identical cradles.

I know that proving it would be difficult, but I couldn't help but think that there should be more points added to the winning wrestler for something like that. That's just purely being a punk a$%.

I'll be looking for someone to make a clever GIF of when he was lying on the mat crying and saying, "I quit." :pimp:

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
You wouldn't think so, but he hasn't always made the sanest decisions on the mat. What I saw last night didnt convince me he had a bad physical injury. Soon as he was locked in a cradle twice, screams out in pain like his leg was chopped off. It's rare to see a D1 wrestler scream and cry on the mat. Even rarer that scenario happens when the circumstances indicate no trauma appeared to be delivered other than tightly cradled and ready to be turned. Non convincing and possibly embellished limp before he medically forfeited. No limp after he medically forfeited. Will see going forward what happens with him.
Tough to get injured from a cradle, and especially to have it happen twice.

Last edited:
Abe Assad didn't look very impressive, not sure how he ended up all the way at #8. Brooks was much better than him.
Abe Assad beat returning AA Venz of Nebraska.. btw Assad And Brooks are both TRUE freshmen. Both in hs last year

Both true freshmen...Brooks going to OTC is like Cornell wrestlers going to FLWC

Ok I watched the match and announcer said they were both true freshman(error?)then they said both hwt were also freshman

They are considered true freshman eligibility wise but he wasn't in HS last year. There is a huge difference.

Reactions: obrats
Both true freshmen...Brooks going to OTC is like Cornell wrestlers going to FLWC
I believe Brooks spent his HS senior year at the OTC so he would be a year younger than the Cornell guys who finish four years of HS and then spend a year at the FLWC.

They are considered true freshman eligibility wise but he wasn't in HS last year. There is a huge difference.
Ok I’ll rephrase it .. they r both true freshman and Assad is ranked highly bc he beat Venz, whom beat Brooks..

I believe Brooks spent his HS senior year at the OTC so he would be a year younger than the Cornell guys who finish four years of HS and then spend a year at the FLWC.
Nope. Won four Maryland state titles...Went 22-0 as a senior.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT