ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue - UVA

A game nobody deserved to lose-----kudos to both squads for giving us that classic.

Reactions: RU82
Did you ever hear a play by play announcer screw more calls than this guy did down the stretch. He actually thought UVA won the game with the shot that sent it to OT. He was also off a couple other times in big moments.

Very good game. Tough loss for the Boilers. As great as Edwards was, it seemed like no one else wanted to take a shot for Purdue at the end. Big miss by Cline who is usually money from the line. I would have waited another second or two go give the foul to prevent the three although overall, I probably would have taken my chance with letting them take a shot. Tough call on the right way to play it.

Reactions: Friend of 112
Great players like Edwards are worth the price of admission just to watch their ability to create and make shots under pressure from far away distances.

I think Edwards just hit a 35ft jump shot.

Purdue pulling UVA into a shootout.
Insane game! Tough way to lose. To boot my daughter went from guaranteed tie in her bracket pool to being eliminated with that loss !

Terrific game. Also shows the ridiculousness of giving the ACC 3 No. 1 seeds. Purdue as a 3 seed was every bit as worthy as UVA. The notion that one power conference deserved 3 one seeds borders on corrupt. There is simply not enough conference v. conference data to suggest that the ACC was so superior. In fact, the Big10 v. ACC challenge suggested otherwise.

What's the difference----it gets decided on the court no ?

The only difference between being a 1 or a 2 seed is the color uni you wear in the Regional Final.

Unless you want to get in a debate that it's tougher to play a 15 seed than a 16 seed ?

Purdue was seeded correctly as a 3 seed----no doubt about it.

Terrific game. Also shows the ridiculousness of giving the ACC 3 No. 1 seeds. Purdue as a 3 seed was every bit as worthy as UVA. The notion that one power conference deserved 3 one seeds borders on corrupt. There is simply not enough conference v. conference data to suggest that the ACC was so superior. In fact, the Big10 v. ACC challenge suggested otherwise.

On the other hand, the NCAA gave the three seed a virtual home game against a one seed.

Reactions: RU_Planning
Doug Gottlieb suggested a fascinating loop foul to the purposely missing a foul shot strategy. The opposing/ winning team should purposely commit a lane violation when someone tries to purposely miss a foul shot. Amusing to think? Would the stalemate go on forever?

Did you ever hear a play by play announcer screw more calls than this guy did down the stretch. He actually thought UVA won the game with the shot that sent it to OT. He was also off a couple other times in big moments.

Very good game. Tough loss for the Boilers. As great as Edwards was, it seemed like no one else wanted to take a shot for Purdue at the end. Big miss by Cline who is usually money from the line. I would have waited another second or two go give the foul to prevent the three although overall, I probably would have taken my chance with letting them take a shot. Tough call on the right way to play it.

A classic game for the ages and a painful broadcast for the ages. Both the play by play and the color were god awful. Webber was visibly rooting for Purdue and well before Edwards got hot.

Reactions: Friend of 112

The guy on the FAN last night commented on that only because the radio announcer also called the same line.

What's the difference----it gets decided on the court no ?

The only difference between being a 1 or a 2 seed is the color uni you wear in the Regional Final.

Unless you want to get in a debate that it's tougher to play a 15 seed than a 16 seed ?

Purdue was seeded correctly as a 3 seed----no doubt about it.

For me, the difference is the committee’s arrogance in deciding that one power conference deserves 3 number one seeds because they are so superior to the other top conferences.

Reactions: RUDead

I think Chris Webber was doing color?

At least 3x he called ball off of UVA, but replay showed it was off Purdue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT