ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Big Ten and Bowl Tie-Ins

letitrip2

Senior
Sep 4, 2007
Not sure if this has been asked recently - but there is a pretty good chance that only 8 B1G teams finish the season bowl eligible. Also a decent chance that 3 teams (OSU, PSU and Michigan) play in either the playoff or get a news year days bid. That would leave 5 B1G teams for seven bowls. Does anyone know how that would impact bowl selection for those 5 teams?

Not sure if this has been asked recently - but there is a pretty good chance that only 8 B1G teams finish the season bowl eligible. Also a decent chance that 3 teams (OSU, PSU and Michigan) play in either the playoff or get a news year days bid. That would leave 5 B1G teams for seven bowls. Does anyone know how that would impact bowl selection for those 5 teams?
I think the Gator can pick an ACC team instead of a BIG one. Outside of that my guess is Quicklane and Pinstripe would have last picks/be out of luck in your scenario.

I think the Gator can pick an ACC team instead of a BIG one. Outside of that my guess is Quicklane and Pinstripe would have last picks/be out of luck in your scenario.
Gator is out of lineup

Playoff
NY6 Orange (or old Outback)
Citrus
Vegas
Guaranteed Rate (NOT “relinquish”)
Pinstripe
Music City
Detroit

(Not in order)

Last edited:
Gator is out of lineup

Playoff
Citrus
Vegas
Reliaquest
Pinstripe
Music City
Detroit

(Not in order)
The Reliaquest is likely to go away if the B1G gets a playoff spot plus 2 NYD bowl spots for Michigan, OSU and PSU.

The rest in order are:

citrus
Las Vegas
Music City
pinstripe
Guaranteed Rate
Quick Lane

The Reliaquest is likely to go away if the B1G gets a playoff spot plus 2 NYD bowl spots for Michigan, OSU and PSU.

The rest in order are:

citrus
Las Vegas
Music City
pinstripe
Guaranteed Rate
Quick Lane
Dammit that’s why I put “NY6/Orange or Old Outback” but meant to add “Guaranteed Rate.” That game not be called “Outback” is ****ing with me.

Gator is out of lineup

Playoff
Citrus
Vegas
Guaranteed Rate (NOT “relinquish”)
Pinstripe
Music City
Detroit

(Not in order)
How about Reliaquest in Tampa? B1G website says that the conference has seven tie ins. Why would the Reliaquest “go away”. B1G website does not reflect that.

How about Reliaquest in Tampa? B1G website says that the conference has seven tie ins.
The B1G gets one NYD bowl bid automatically. I think it is the Rose when that isn’t a playoff bowl.

Also, the Orange has a deal where it picks between the B1G, the ACC, and Notre Dame. Part of the deal is that if the Orange picks a B1G team, the B1G gives up their Reliaquest spot.

Everyone is assuming that Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State will all get Playoff or NYD spots and the Reliaquest will be gone..

The B1G gets one NYD bowl bid automatically. I think it is the Rose when that isn’t a playoff bowl.

Also, the Orange has a deal where it picks between the B1G, the ACC, and Notre Dame. Part of the deal is that if the Orange picks a B1G team, the B1G gives up their Reliaquest spot.

Everyone is assuming that Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State will all get Playoff or NYD spots and the Reliaquest will be gone..
Where did you get that info. That is not what is on the B1G website. Link??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT