ADVERTISEMENT

QB Controversy : Discuss

Sitkowski throws too many buddy passes. And that fumble at the end of the game is why he's not a starter.

At least we can say we have the deepest QB room in the country. 3 very mediocre starting QB's. I have never been an Art fan but combining this and BC from lat year, I think he is owed a chance and if our OLine is better at pass protection,Art might be the choice

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Art looked very Sharp. Marched us right down the field after coming in completely cold. At least one pass was right on the mark and dropped. Will not be surprised if he sees more time goin forward. Even scrambed for a first down. Had some GREAT throws on that drive.
I thought he looked very sharp considering he hadn't seen the field in any game . He definitely has the arm over Vedral....If he's cut back the interceptions and is able to read his progressions , he should get more opportunities. The offensive line has been decent so far in pass protection so Art being a pure pocket passer may be less of a concern.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Throw a pass where there was double coverage gets the receiver creamed and turns the ball over..
I just don't understand the Sit defenders
That pass to Dremel was the best pass I have seen at RU since Nova and actually better than most of his best passes. Sucks that the safety took his head off but anyone who criticizes a perfect pass needs to watch more film. He wasn’t double teamed it was a zone and he placed it over the LB’s and perfectly in front of the safeties.

They all do some things well. If you take away all of the Turnovers Vedral seems like our best QB for this system. He just needs to clean it up. Let the coaches decide and stop trashing our own players. Not saying all of this to you WB but you mentioned that pass and so did Tico and it was a perfect pass. I hope Dremel is okay.

Root for the team. That’s our job.

Last edited:
I like that Art was brought in for a series. Game outcome was it in question. In year of Covid, better to get all 3 QBs some game time snaps. Never know when injuries or illness take someone out for a game or 2. Greg / Gleason have backup plans for all players and coaches. I think last night showed this. Also with Art's arm, it opens playbook for a few more 2 QB sets that include him.

And Greg's first question at his presser. No. Just getting Art experience. Noah is the QB. Guys can contribute, and that's what we did tonight.
Fans should stop with terrible armchair coaching.

Agree. Greg couldn’t have been any more direct when he said it was an opportunity to get Art some playing time, but Noah is the starter.

Art is the current version of Rettig at QB.

N. Vedral21/3216500

I don't see how Vedral doesn't start against Illinois after that performance. Room for improvement for sure but OSU is a tough test.

One issue that needs to be resolved is using the middle of the field more. We have some good receiving TE. They need to be used more. It's been an issue in all three games.

During that last drive I was thinking this is what this offense will really look like once we have our QB. For this year we piece it together, but when we get a guy with Art’s arm talent and the ability to run this offense is going to fly. Exciting days ahead

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Art is a great passer. He also made a nice pass on the run and a nice run up the middle. Good to see that. But it was one drive at the end of the game so let’s not think that decides who starts next week. It’s the last 12 weeks or more that decide who starts. I hope to see more of him and hope whoever plays does great things. I like to win.
Unless something crazy happens- we most likely see the same order and use of QBs all season.

I thought he looked very sharp considering he hadn't seen the field in any game . He definitely has the arm over Vedral....If he's cut back the interceptions and is able to read his progressions , he should get more opportunities. The offensive line has been decent so far in pass protection so Art being a pure pocket passer may be less of a concern.

Art was on the move last night. I'm not sure yet if we can still call him a "pure pocket" QB anymore.

That pass to Dremel was the best pass I have seen at RU since Nova and actually better than most of his best passes. Sucks that the safety took his head off but anyone who criticizes a perfect pass needs to watch more film. He wasn’t double teamed it was a zone and he placed it over the LB’s and perfectly in front of the safeties.

It was a great throw. Other than one bad pass and the unfortunate slip that many will choose to remember and criticize, he impressed me last night.

Also with Art's arm, it opens playbook for a few more 2 QB sets that include him.

If he can continue to move the ball like that (other than the fumble), he could be used as a change of pace QB or even better, during two minute/no huddle time.

I gotta say.....putting "Langdon" and "pass" in any sentence is high comedy.
He was perfect passing though:
3/3 2 yards 1TD
You couldn't makeup a QB with those "pass" stats.

He improved yardage wise 100% over the IU game last year AND completed all his passes! I found this bit from the Crimson Quarry last year: "Rutger starting quarterback Johnny Langan was 5-for-13 for one (1) yard, which comes out to 0.92 inches per attempt, which sounds like a pretty impressive stat if you're a tailor or maybe an ant who just discovered a really big Flamin' Hot Cheeto Puff at a park or something." Rutger? What's a Rutger??

Reactions: Rufaninga
A lot of fans focus on who is the best qb. It’s who is the best qb for this team right now. With an OL that was expected to have issues and no matchup buster WRs a point guard QB makes sense. It covers your holes.

Qb will be as much about the other guys as the Qb.

Also interesting , they showed schiano telling the OC something right before that drive. Guessing he was telling him to play Art.

There is none. One QB got us 27 points against Ohio State. The other gave us 1 fumble at the 8 yard line. Goodnight

Noah did not get us 27 points. Creative play calling and gadget plays{ special teams} and a 66 yard run by Isaiah got us the points.
His passing proficiency is suspect at best. Art drove up down the Field with Passing accuracy that Noah can never do. Upside is all with Art.

Reactions: TonyVolt
The last 2 games have been against superior opponents where we have been playing from behind. Vedral was not good against Indiana but he is the starter. Let’s see how he does against Illinois and some more competitive opponents

Reactions: Yeah Baby
N. Vedral21/3216500

I don't see how Vedral doesn't start against Illinois after that performance. Room for improvement for sure but OSU is a tough test.

One issue that needs to be resolved is using the middle of the field more. We have some good receiving TE. They need to be used more. It's been an issue in all three games.
Dodd had this same issue. Vedral runs much better than Dodd though. His running will open up some WR’s for him as we saw vs MSU. I think our pass protection. Was pretty good. Run game is still lacking. Let’s see what we do against the Illini.

Reactions: RUDead and RUhobbit
it reassures me to know Sit is right behind Vedral. I also want to see what Cole is made of at some point.

If there’s a corona disaster or an injury, I’m not as worried about Sit as I was before. Although he still threw some balls into tight coverage, left out WR out to dry again and this time possible concussion, and had another fumble. So still more of the same, just maybe more time behind a better OL.

That said of the 14 teams in the Big Ten, I agree we just played #1 and #2 in the last 2 weeks and lost by a combined basically 3/4 touchdowns (If the circus doesn’t get called back). Vedral is still the starter, period

Vedral’s arm is a major liability. His weak sideline throws set up receivers for big hits and minimize opportunity for YAC. The ball takes minutes to reach the receiver. Can’t believe people would call out Sitkowski for getting a receiver hurt. That was a great throw...unlucky receiver. But Vedral will get somebody killed at some point. I cringe on most throws.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Vedral’s arm is a major liability. His weak sideline throws set up receivers for big hits and minimize opportunity for YAC. The ball takes minutes to reach the receiver. Can’t believe people would call out Sitkowski for getting a receiver hurt. That was a great throw...unlucky receiver. But Vedral will get somebody killed at some point. I cringe on most throws.
They wanted a QB that can run, but any running abilities he has doesn't make up for
that terrible inaccurate,, week arm. plus Garry
thinks changing QBs would make him look
bad, but on the other hand it would show he
has learned to adjust. Sit shows great improvement, and that is with 3 minutes,all year
imagine if he played every game. Noah
shows no improvement and will never be a good
qb, unless he under goes an arm transplant.

They wanted a QB that can run, but any running abilities he has doesn't make up for
that terrible inaccurate,, week arm. plus Garry
thinks changing QBs would make him look
bad, but on the other hand it would show he
has learned to adjust. Sit shows great improvement, and that is with 3 minutes,all year
imagine if he played every game. Noah
shows no improvement and will never be a good
qb, unless he under goes an arm transplant.
Gary is going to play the guy that gives us best chance to win . Not like the idiot predecessor who chose the wrong starting QB every year - no joke

Always been a huge Art fan. But I think for most of the offense Vedral is a better choice especially due to his feet. Langan should stay in on goal line and 4th downs. Art has a special skill set. I could see putting him in a situation where we're down and it's pretty obvious that we have to put it up, because Vedral's long ball is iffy at best. Next year, we tweek the offense to take advantage of Art's cannon.

Reactions: RU-05
And got a receiver concussed
You are a complete idiot!!!
First he did not get a concussion he was gabbing his upper body.
Secondly that was a great pass that hit him right in the hands. something Verdal rarely does.
I was not a Sitkowski fan last year. however, from the limited action he was given he looks like the only TRUE QB of the first 3 PERIOD!

Reactions: slyker
Would love to see Sit get a possession per game...and more if they score. Another thing for opposing coaches to worry about...
And, so far at least, the Rutgers coaching staff is showing that they are in fact an elite coaching staff.

Would love to see Sit get a possession per game...and more if they score. Another thing for opposing coaches to worry about...
And, so far at least, the Rutgers coaching staff is showing that they are in fact an elite coaching staff.
Yes. it IS something to worry about. when the
other team sees Sit comming in, the defense
has a big big problem. the starter has become predictable. hense 35 to 3 at half time. Thank
God for the trick plays. and the six turnovers in the first game. All I am saying if we don't, have
a great starter then mix it up. Sit had 9 completions in one drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT