ADVERTISEMENT

QB Kenny Pickett commits to Temple

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Never got a Rutgers offer. Good pickup for Temple.

I think Rutgers has a top 3 of Lewis, Bowers and Devito.

Dominoes starting to fall. Think Devito is going to Cuse or BC. We are focused on Lewis and Bowers. Wish Lewis would just step up, commit and tell the rest of the state to get in line.
I'm way behind on ''17'' recruiting...clue me in on the QB duo were looking to grab...

I guess Kenny felt that the RU offer was far far off, good for him. Very nice family who will be at all the games. I just hope the Temple coach doesn't bail on him, but most likely will be gone next few years.

I guess Kenny felt that the RU offer was far far off, good for him. Very nice family who will be at all the games. I just hope the Temple coach doesn't bail on him, but most likely will be gone next few years.
Kenny has an outstanding arm but wouldn't be a good fit in the "Power Spread"

I'm surprised he'd be attracted to Temple, when Russo is going to be a very, very hyped player there, being a hometown boy and all.

I'm way behind on ''17'' recruiting...clue me in on the QB duo were looking to grab...

Lewis is from SPP. Great size, nice arm and very much a duel threat qb.

Bowers is from PA. A little smaller than Lewis, prob better at passing but not as good on his feet although he is still very mobile.

Either one would be great gets.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
So much for "fencing the garden". (Yes, I know that Pickett didn't have an RU offer, but I couldn't resist the pun given his name.)

When Chris Ash talked about speaking at Temple's coaches clinic he stated that in the future Rutgers should not be competing for the same recruits with Temple because Rutgers should be in play for higher level B1G level guys.....this is an example...Pickett never got a Rutgers offer. Let's see how it plays out for the rest of 2017 and beyond. Of course, Ash and his staff are only 5 months in so they are still playing catchup.

When Chris Ash talked about speaking at Temple's coaches clinic he stated that in the future Rutgers should not be competing for the same recruits with Temple because Rutgers should be in play for higher level B1G level guys.....this is an example...Pickett never got a Rutgers offer. Let's see how it plays out for the rest of 2017 and beyond. Of course, Ash and his staff are only 5 months in so they are still playing catchup.

I'm going to repeat the same thing I said to a friend earlier: no disrespect meant to the young man, or his family, but his offer list is telling IMHO.

If I'm a serious dual-threat qb I'm absolutely taking a chance on Rutgers. Imagine the attention he would get if he lead RU on a run to a Big Ten title.

Hey, Michigan almost did it and that was just one year removed from us beating them. If you get the right coach in your program, you can win fast.

Good for Pickett, he found a place he wanted to go to and committed to a program that felt he'd be a good fit as an Owl.
Rutgers is going after the HS players they feel are the type needed on the roster that will make the Scarlet Knights a top B1G team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT