ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers trading starting QB Pickett to Philly for draft picks

Head scratcher. I’ll need to read more about this to figure it out.

Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch both confirmed that Wilson is a douche and total diva as well LOL

Reactions: Rhuarc
Pickett was being a douche behind the scenes once Wilson came in. Add in the fact that he wouldn't even dress for a game at the end of last season and it's time to get him outta there.

The Kenny Pickett stats and comparisons are great.
Tommy Cutletts has more 300 yard games or something like that.

Pickett was the absolute worst.

Picket = emo kid

YnFWeef.gif

• Wow
Reactions: rurichdog

Aditi Kinkhabwala
@AKinkhabwala

NOTE: “preferred” is not bc Kenny Pickett is running away from competition. He was explicitly told by the #Steelers Wilson would start, reneging on the pledge he’d been given that after two years of chaos, he’d finally be put in position to succeed - per sources apprised of convo

Kinkhabwala: Kenny Pickett Told By Steelers That Russell Wilson Would Start - Steelers Depot
https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/k...-by-steelers-that-russell-wilson-would-start/

Small price for the Eagles to pay. Picketts salary is minimal, and he has 2 years left on his rookie contract.
I’m more concerned about the draft picks but it appears to be a wash. I just thought the organization would be more draft focused to address the LB and secondary. This is just weird. Then again, I thought it was weird when they selected Hurts.

Pickett had the worst OC in the league without question and got a raw deal. He may not necessarily be good, but he deserved a shot to prove he could be.

Last season there was constant talk about Tomlin being fired or retiring gracefully. I don't think there's enough wiggle room to let a QB try to find himself

Reactions: RUScrew85
I’m more concerned about the draft picks but it appears to be a wash. I just thought the organization would be more draft focused to address the LB and secondary. This is just weird. Then again, I thought it was weird when they selected Hurts.
Howie values backup QB more than most, if not all, NFL GMs.

Last season there was constant talk about Tomlin being fired or retiring gracefully. I don't think there's enough wiggle room to let a QB try to find himself

The Steelers don't fire coaches. Particularly if they've gone 15 years without having a losing season. They've had 3 coaches in the last 55 years.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm a Steelers fan and I still don't know if I like or hate the moves so far. I think I'm leaning towards liking them. I think I would have made a stronger play to keep Rudolph as the #2 if I knew I was bailing on Pickett though. Decent backup that knows the team/building and had some end of year success last year. Same thing with the Johnson trade. I get dumping him but they are dangerously thin at WR right now. I still think they need OL (preferable Center) in round 1, but this might cause they to go WR now. I don't know. Right or wrong, I will say I enjoy them being active this offseason instead of the usual script of doing nothing, and getting the same results, ie: 9-8 1st round ass kicking.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The Steelers don't fire coaches. Particularly if they've gone 15 years without having a losing season. They've had 3 coaches in the last 55 years.
he's had 6 or 7 years of 8-8 and 4 playoff games in that timeframe. Front office decisions were taken away last year. If Belicheck and what's his face from Green Bay (who both had harder schedules, better records, more playoff wins, and less pro bowlers than Tomlin) can get fired then he should not be untouchable. they know he sucks but he's the protected class for the Roonie family who put in the minority rule. He's gone after this year regardless

Howie values backup QB more than most, if not all, NFL GMs.

From the Eagles perspective it gives them a guy who has started games and is decent athletically on a cheap contract. They paid Marcus Mariota $8M last year. Pickett is due $4.6M over the next two years combined. Just need him to hold water if Hurts goes out for up to a few games. If Hurts is out for more than that, the season is most likely done anyway.

These moves by the Steelers are a real head scratcher.

The Steelers now have one QB in camp Wilson who will be 36 in November. The Broncos will be covering the $38 million that they owe him. Why let him go????

Steelers have no back up QB's if Wilson gets hurt. I thought Mason was a good backup QB and is now with the Titans.

I'm sure the Steelers are looking for backup QBs.

Steelers dismissed their OC Matt Canada in mid season.

Wish Kenny the best in Philadelphia. While at Pitt he broke many of Dan Marino's records.

If things go bad for the Steelers this season everyone in Pittsburgh will be complaining about these moves.

See how it goes.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

The Steelers now have one QB in camp Wilson who will be 36 in November. The Broncos will be covering the $38 million that they owe him. Why let him go????

Steelers have no back up QB's if Wilson gets hurt. I thought Mason was a good backup QB and is now with the Titans.

Wish Kenny the best in Philadelphia. While at Pitt he broke many of Dan Marino's records.

If things go bad for the Steelers this season everyone in Pittsburgh will be complaining about these moves.

See how it goes.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

A back up can be drafted after the 2nd round.

Pickett was being a douche behind the scenes once Wilson came in. Add in the fact that he wouldn't even dress for a game at the end of last season and it's time to get him outta there.
Sounds like just another sissy from Pitt!

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Didn’t RU evaluate Pickett in hs and pass on him? Same with Tommy Cutlets I believe.

I think I would have made a stronger play to keep Rudolph as the #2 if I knew I was bailing on Pickett though. Decent backup that knows the team/building and had some end of year success last year. Same thing with the Johnson trade. I get dumping him but they are dangerously thin at WR right now.

Both those trades appear asinine. You have no other playmaker at WR, so we'll be back to where we were this fall when Johnson was out: Pickens will be blanketed. Not keeping Rudolph at that price is insane - he had the best record/stats of any QB last fall.

The QB handling after Rothlesberger retired is head scratching at best. For example, I will never understand why they brought Trubisky in, what a waste of money that was.

Which I think was a good move, he just seemed out of sync in running their offense.

As I said above, they should have kept Rudolph. My biggest fear is that Wilson become a cancer on the team: I just don't think he's a cultural fit. Too many rumors/reports that he's a prima donna. I have to wonder if bringing him in was a Tomlin or Smith decision.

Didn’t RU evaluate Pickett in hs and pass on him?

That would have been Chris Ash, so I wouldn't put much stock in that.

See how it goes.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
agree 100%
should have given Kenny one year under the new OC
awful move by the Steelers

Very strange move, will be interesting to watch. That Pickett went for a higher pick than Fields is also crazy
I agree with your comment about the picks, but I think this is a good move for them. Successful vet to serve as a bridge to the heir. Now, how it plays out is another story. Fields started last year. Is he okay with sitting for a bit and has Wilson truly shifted gears to being a mentor who knows he’s on the backend of his career?

I agree with your comment about the picks, but I think this is a good move for them. Successful vet to serve as a bridge to the heir. Now, how it plays out is another story. Fields started last year. Is he okay with sitting for a bit and has Wilson truly shifted gears to being a mentor who knows he’s on the backend of his career?
Definitely worth a 6th round gamble

Bwahawhawhaw!!!!

Oh, wait, you're serious......
Be a grown up and have a discussion. You’re a mod after all. Tell me, why else do you think they made the move? Personally, I’m an Eagles fan so I don’t care if you guys suck in perpetuity. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT