ADVERTISEMENT

QB selection

Listen, I didn't like how Flood handled the QB situation last year, but these comments are absurd (not surprising, however...).

Fair enough, but you can understand the basic premise right.

1. Rettig faltering as the starter would be seen differently than Laviano faltering.

2. These decisions will be used against Rutgers by schools like tOSU and Michigan in recruiting.

Nobody else wonders why this jackass has a "Joined" date of August 2012 but only has 408 posts - all of them in the last month?

He's a troll. Pure, simple, straight up. He trolls the CE board, he trolls this board.

The mods on this site need to refocus their priorities.

Nobody else wonders why this jackass has a "Joined" date of August 2012 but only has 408 posts - all of them in the last month?

He's a troll. Pure, simple, straight up. He trolls the CE board, he trolls this board.

Because you say so, lol. Ok, Ayatollah, lol.

Been saying this for months now; the guy even accused ME of being "racist" because I felt that Eddie Jordan should be fired but that Scott Goodale, with a Top 10 wrestling program at the time, should NOT be fired.

Been saying this for months now; the guy even accused ME of being "racist" because I felt that Eddie Jordan should be fired but that Scott Goodale, with a Top 10 wrestling program at the time, should NOT be fired.

To be fair, I actually said it was a double standard. But feel free to make it up as you go along. And you really don't want to compare Eddie Jordan's treatment to Scott Goodale or Laura Brand-Sias.

Fair enough, but you can understand the basic premise right.

1. Rettig faltering as the starter would be seen differently than Laviano faltering.

2. These decisions will be used against Rutgers by schools like tOSU and Michigan in recruiting.

Actually you are totally wrong! Totally different year with a totally different staff running a totally different offense. How Flood handled the QB's can not in any way be overlaid on how Ash uses them. How you can come to your conclusions baffles me unless of course you are the troll everyone says you are. Actually I hope you are a troll because if you are not then your football IQ is really really low.

If Laviano's arm strength has improved from last season, I think he will be tough to beat. He seems to be the best "leader" and is probably the toughest physically. It looks like they are picking up from where they left off and both have looked good in practice. I think we'll know a little more after Saturday's scrimmage.

Hmmmmm...for those who remember....Ralph Leek and Jacque LaPrarie. Laviano is on the same level. End of discussion.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK so you can all see where this jackass accused me of being a racist based on, arguably, the most ignorant opinion in the history of this board:

El Curioso ImpertinenteSophomore

You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/id-like-to-see-eddie-get-another-year.78930/page-3

Last edited:
Here are your EXACT words:

Says the guy who has stated, about 20 times in the last two weeks, that we need to hire "elite coaches" for our sports teams. Yes, EJ coached in the NBA, but he is far from am "elite" coach at any level.
You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard.

86 El Curioso Impertinente, Mar 1, 2016

...you accused me of being a racist, and used a coach who has turned around a program that was awful, to one of the 15th best in the nation, but nice try, especially since ALL of this is recorded.

A lot of us here have a lot of issues, with one another, but the fact that you haven't been banned yetg, for your attacks, false accusations, and flat-out idiocy, is beyond all belief.

Last edited:
If Laviano plays well, then it's a non-issue. But that's not my premise.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK so you can all see where this jackass accused me of being a racist based on, arguably, the most ignorant opinion in the history of this board:

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/id-like-to-see-eddie-get-another-year.78930/page-3

I definitely stand by what I posted.

To be fair, I actually said it was a double standard. But feel free to make it up as you go along. And you really don't want to compare Eddie Jordan's treatment to Scott Goodale or Laura Brand-Sias.

You made the comparisons, not me, and here is your exact quote:

"You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard."

Aside from essentially tagging myself and others as being "racist," for wanting EJ to be fired, you called Scott Goodale a "horrible" wrestling coach. So you're not only an ass, a liar, and a troll, you're a moron as well.

...and here's the link to the thread, with the above comments, in case anybody thinks I'm blowing smoke:

Last edited:
This is why I think Hobbs screwed up when he hired Ash. Someone like El Curioso Impertinente would've been much more suitable. Why take the risk of choosing a QB? Just let the local media and the fans choose why the best candidate is.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
If Laviano plays well, then it's a non-issue. But that's not my premise.

I definitely stand by what I posted.
Problem is nobody cares about women's lacrosse. Keep coach or fire her. Savings are negligible and nobody even notices. Basketball is supposed to make money to help support programs nobody knows exist. Different standard.

"You're the fool that insists that Rutgers is like your household budget, broke and busted. If you get rid of EJ, you're opening up a can of worms. For instance, the Women's Lacrosse Coach is horrible, and she's had her job for at least a decade. Same goes for the Wrestling Coach. Now fans like you want to get rid of the African American Coach straight away. It wreaks of a double standard."

Aside from essentially tagging myself and others as being "racist," for wanting EJ to be fired, you called Scott Goodale a "horrible" wrestling coach. So you're not only an ass, a liar, and a troll, you're a moron as well.

...and here's the link to the thread, with the above comments, in case anybody thinks I'm blowing smoke:

You shouldn't be arguing with the troll. We've recently learned that he has a fondness for farm animals.

What's your point. Are you saying Goodale is good? You cannot provide any data that proves your point. As far as Jordan, it was a double standard. How did you ever graduate from Rutgers, lol.

What's your point. Are you saying Goodale is good? You cannot provide any data that proves your point. As far as Jordan, it was a double standard. How did you ever graduate from Rutgers, lol.

Did you just say there that I can't provide "data" to prove Goodale is a good HC? Are you drunk? On 'ludes? Or, as expected, nothing but a "troll"? All that being said, congratulations, because you've proven to be clueless on a level that very, very few here, ever have achieved! :cool2:

I trust Ash and Mehringer to do a better job of managing the QBs than Flood. That said, I believe the fanbase is dying to see what Rettig can do against a real team. The thing is, Laviano hasn't done anything to inspire confidence. A very spotty soph season. If you look at his 3 best games last year, Indiana, Mich St, and Maryland, RU went 1-2. His overall stats put him at the bottom of the league. If these 2 guys are truly neck and neck thruout practice, then both should get a chance to play. I trust that will happen. But after the arm waving and dissing of fans, its so easy to root for Rettig to come out ahead.

I trust Ash and Mehringer to do a better job of managing the QBs than Flood. That said, I believe the fanbase is dying to see what Rettig can do against a real team. The thing is, Laviano hasn't done anything to inspire confidence. A very spotty soph season. If you look at his 3 best games last year, Indiana, Mich St, and Maryland, RU went 1-2. His overall stats put him at the bottom of the league. If these 2 guys are truly neck and neck thruout practice, then both should get a chance to play. I trust that will happen. But after the arm waving and dissing of fans, its so easy to root for Rettig to come out ahead.
Might be the coaching and Chris is better than we think he is.

I have confidence in Ash making the best QB the starter and if he's not doing the job give someone else a chance to prove he should be the starter.
Seems like Flood never would do that and we never knew for sure if Hayden was better or deserved to be behind Laviano on the depth chart.

When announcers on TV are saying that Laviano does not have enough velocity on his throws!!! Lol. Yes. Documented. How many years does it take to hear on a TV football telecast about a QB with a substandard arm????? And then many still support Laviano blindly. There are many at RU who refuse to criticize their school sports---as if RU sports are holy and being critical is some kind of sin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT