ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Our Recruiting Gurus

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I usually don't pay real close attention to these things but when was the last time we had four 4* recruits in a class?
Does someone out there keep track of this?

We also had a dual threat QB who was going to commit to RU I think his name was Fuller until GS jumped ship to the pros and this player ended up going to UCLA if I remember correctly.

Keon Sabb is the 5 star but he thinks he’s all potential because of his athleticism.

We also had a dual threat QB who was going to commit to RU I think his name was Fuller until GS jumped ship to the pros and this player ended up going to UCLA if I remember correctly.

Devin Fuller, Northern Valley Old Tappan. UCLA promised him he could play QB and moved him to WR his freshman year. His younger brother played DB at Ohio St. He never verballed to RU, but was definitely in his final list.

Reactions: satnom
Unless something totally unexpected happens Keon Sabb is not coming to Rutgers.

Remember a five-star DT signee early in Schiano's tenure who didn't work out while a walk-on that same year became a monster. Don't remember the five-star, but I surely remember Ramel Meekins.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Remember a five-star DT signee early in Schiano's tenure who didn't work out while a walk-on that same year became a monster. Don't remember the five-star, but I surely remember Ramel Meekins.

Was it a kid out of Irvington? Last name might have been Robinson?

Reactions: rufamily and MaxRU
Was it a kid out of Irvington? Last name might have been Robinson?

I don't think so. Nate Robinson started at Miami. Wore out his welcome. Transferred to Rutgers. Wore out his welcome. Trasferred to Akron. He then was signed by the Giants as an UDFA and Coughlin cut him within 72 hours of the start of trading camp. Bad case of Nuke LaLoosh disease.

I think he's talking about Berkley Hutchinson who was a Prop 48 player who just never worked out.

wasn't Saquon Barkley also part of that class until Schiano left?

I don't think so. Nate Robinson started at Miami. Wore out his welcome. Transferred to Rutgers. Wore out his welcome. Trasferred to Akron. He then was signed by the Giants as an UDFA and Coughlin cut him within 72 hours of the start of trading camp. Bad case of Nuke LaLoosh disease.

I think he's talking about Berkley Hutchinson who was a Prop 48 player who just never worked out.
Irvington's Nate Robinson was a 5 star that committed to Rutgers in 2002 and signed in 2003.

Reactions: satnom

iirc, Hutch left the team and joined the Army.

Reactions: rufamily and satnom
The true tyranny is and will continue to come from the multinational corporations. I would include sports leagues. Some know they have a monopoly, others have a safety in numbers philsosphy. You can boycott any or all you want, but your quality of life will suffer. This is also bolstered by how much companies like Coke are involved in. They have America First Patriots in a bind and know it. It truly sucks where we find ourselves.

After a year at Miami.
Don’t think Robinson ever made it to Miami and decommitted or released from scholarship. After joining RU, he soon found himself in the GS doghouse. Then transferred out to Akron.

GO RU

Reactions: TM94goRU
Nrob never played miami Came red shirted and played a year or so after w no impact before alron

hutchinson was starter for a bit before army but little impact other than commitment a la rikki cook

The true tyranny is and will continue to come from the multinational corporations. I would include sports leagues. Some know they have a monopoly, others have a safety in numbers philsosphy. You can boycott any or all you want, but your quality of life will suffer. This is also bolstered by how much companies like Coke are involved in. They have America First Patriots in a bind and know it. It truly sucks where we find ourselves.
Did you get lost?

I think other are right that the 2012 class had 5 4 star or better. But, that was with about 20 or so recruits. We only have 10 recruits at this time. We may also be trending well with another 4 star or two. I think we end up with 5 in this class as well. But also some very good 3 star players and very little projects. Add in transfers...The turnaround will be quicker than we ever thought

Nrob never played miami Came red shirted and played a year or so after w no impact before alron

hutchinson was starter for a bit before army but little impact other than commitment a la rikki cook

Robinson was loaded with potential but had a serious foot injury late in high school. Didn't appear to have a strong desire to play football. Was big news when he left Miami (after a brief stay) to come to Rutgers. But didn't work out. It happens, even with the highly recruited guys. Every one of our current recruits are ranked in the top 1,000. Shows the depth of this class.

I remember the year Berkley came to RU there was so much hype, but a LB from Florida actually had more of an impact. Anyone recall his name?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT