ADVERTISEMENT

Question for RU students

vkj91

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
Tell me what I need to know about the Frat Delta Upsilon

While I'm not a current student, I am a recent grad. Perhaps I could be of some assistance. For starters, you don't call it a frat, it's a fraternity. You know the old saying, you wouldn't call your mother a moth or your country a ****. About DU, they were recently back on campus after being kicked off many, many years ago. They don't have a lettered house. And they're full of average, run of the mill guys. No douchey bros. There are some oddballs, but that's every fraternity. They throw a lot of backyard parties and have been known to scalp a blue lot pass to throw a tailgate (that was before the alley). You'd probably recognize their blue and yellow flag. That's the most I know. Didn't really seem to have a huge presence on campus compared to other fraternities but knew some girls who had friends in it. They're okay.

This you OP?

zergnet-01.13.14-luke-wilson-v2.jpg

God I wish. sadly, just another kid applying for a job. He is smart enough to block his social media so I figured learning about frat was a start

I had originally thought a fraternity was just an exclusive party club when I first transferred to RU. I rushed just for the hell of it, figured I'd meet a few people. During one of the fraternity's info sessions, the chairman of their alumni association stopped by and spoke about all of the community service and charity work they do. That, along with bumping into an old HS classmate of mine who was going to join, sold me on joining. One best decisions of my life. Made some friends for life along with doing some great community service. Our fraternity worked at a soup kitchen a few times, visited a senior center and ran activities, and canned in the pouring rain in downtown NB for Dance Marathon. Look up the top fundraising organizations each year for RUDM, it's always Greek organizations. The organizations are also given a kid who is going through treatment for cancer or another deadly disease. We visited him at the hospital, made dinner for his family, even took him places to keep his mind of off the treatment. Not only are they helping out families, but they get to see the first hand the people that they are supporting through donations. It's a great thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT