ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Life Update....

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Hello all! So quick life update, my sisters and I have changed our last name to O’Leary to honor our step-dad who’s been in our lives for a very long time and made us who we are today. Long overdue.

Going forward my legal name will now be Richie O’Leary!

Hello all! So quick life update, my sisters and I have changed our last name to O’Leary to honor our step-dad who’s been in our lives for a very long time and made us who we are today. Long overdue.

Any excuse to feel free to get loaded on St Patrick's Day.

Seriously, that was an outstanding way to honor the man. I'm sure that was the greatest gift you could ever have given him.

Congrats on becoming Irish! :)

giphy.gif

Richard- this is something amazing. As a stepdad myself- that is something beautiful. I wouldn't expect it from my step kids as their Mom actually made a decision at birth, to give them their father's last name even though they weren't married.
But it is so great to know you had someone come into your family and really make such and impact for all of you- you are blessed that your Mom got it right and he is blessed to have kids that "became" his own.

Perfect timing with St Pat's in a few weeks. Family is much more than simply genes. Great honor to him.

Will we see you at the Belmar St. Patrick's Parade?

Reactions: patk89
I think you should invite us all to your house to celebrate for St. Patty's Day Mr. O'Leary!! Congrats!!!

It's so annoying when someone starts an OT thread and doesnt put "OT" on the title.
(Just kidding)

I will indeed be making the trek, first time I'm going in about 5-6 years.
I have a friend who lives near D'Jais. We start out at his house and then walk along Lake Como to Main Street. The forecasted high is 58 degrees. Hopefully, the rain clears out by morning and we'll have a great day.

Reactions: Richie O
Take what you have learned from this man, who is your "Dad" and carry it for life.
I had the opposite as a kid- lost our Mom early and when my Dad remarried- she made Cinderella's Step Mom seem nice.

I learned from that, and not only with my birth sons but my step sons, always made sure they had someone who they could come to for anything but also how to respect and have confidence.

When I saw this thread, my first thought was that Richie was talking about the Quick Life Bowl.

Yeah, I know there is no such thing. My first thoughts are not always clear.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT