ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy Douby Highlights

Douby was the best Rutgers player I've seen at Rutgers.
Douby might be the best shooter along with Lloyd but the starting players on the 1976 final four team were better all around players.They are all difference maker players like Bailey and Harper will be.

Douby might be the best shooter along with Lloyd but the starting players on the 1976 final four team were better all around players.They are all difference maker players like Bailey and Harper will be.

Well I wasn't at Rutgers in 1976. Douby remains the best player I've seen at Rutgers.

Reactions: dpwhite
Could you imagine Douby on next years team with Dylan and Ace?
He'd lead the country in every 3pt category with all the open shots he'd get.

He was the #1 option and still shot 40% from 3 on nearly 9 attempts per game.

But their potential won’t be maximized without picking up the elusive 5 and spot up three guy. Truth.

I started following the team in '93, my freshman year.

Douby is among the top 3-4 players I saw at RU. I may still give the overall edge to Harper Jr and Dahntay Jones over Douby. Douby vs ISU in NIT semis at Garden was something.

It's amazing we had Douby and Shields and one year went 2-14 in BE. The ceiling was NIT, which RU reached twice with Douby, including as a 9 seed (doesn't exist now).

Too bad RU couldn't reach the NCAAs with Douby--he's the type of electrifying player that could have really made a name for himself in the tourney...

now, we would be worried if we could hold onto Douby...

I started following the team in '93, my freshman year.

Douby is among the top 3-4 players I saw at RU. I may still give the overall edge to Harper Jr and Dahntay Jones over Douby. Douby vs ISU in NIT semis at Garden was something.

It's amazing we had Douby and Shields and one year went 2-14 in BE. The ceiling was NIT, which RU reached twice with Douby, including as a 9 seed (doesn't exist now).

Too bad RU couldn't reach the NCAAs with Douby--he's the type of electrifying player that could have really made a name for himself in the tourney...

now, we would be worried if we could hold onto Douby...
Waters teams were pitiful on the road. That's why they fell short. It's a shame Douby never made the tournament.

Herve might have been the most talented guy I have seen at Rutgers (fan since 1997), but like a previous poster mentioned, he just didn't care enough. He should have been an NBA player. He's one of the most frustrating players I ever watched. He had all of the physical skills to be 1st team Big East, but he just didn't want it enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT