ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. - Tom Konchalski

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
If you have to ask who he was then you know very little about high school basketball or college recruiting. I had the pleasure to meet and talk to Tom several times over the past 50 years or so. He was a true gentleman and a brilliant basketball mind.
R.I.P.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Tom was the best HS talent evaluator in the business without question. He was extremely good at what he did.

Tom showed up everywhere for high school basketball games. So many times I was at games and he was there. I know in Linden he would take the train from NYC to Linden and than get to Linden H.S. He also was always at Kean University, Roselle Catholic or any other place where many high school games were being played on one day. He always was very friendly to everyone. May he RIP.

The Court Club was honored to have him speak at a few meetings back in the day. His memory was unbelievable and his handshake unforgettable.

R.I.P. Mr. Konchalski

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamza...ketball-scout-tom-konchalski/?sh=64a235f1df2a

From 2014...
https://charlierose.com/videos/4553

WOW!!!!
Mike, thanks for posting that!!! Tom's life in a nutshell. Traveling to a game, in the gym and spending time after to talk to the kids, then on to the next one.
Sometimes you really don't realize how special some people were who you've crossed paths with in your life.
Thanks again, that was great.

May Tom rest in peace. I was fortunate to talk to Tom a few times at high school games over the years.

He was a true gentleman and great talent evaluator. He will be missed by many.

Groz

If you have to ask who he was then you know very little about high school basketball or college recruiting. I had the pleasure to meet and talk to Tom several times over the past 50 years or so. He was a true gentleman and a brilliant basketball mind.
R.I.P.

May Tom rest in peace. I was fortunate to talk to Tom a few times at high school games over the years.

He was a true gentleman and great talent evaluator. He will be missed by many.

Groz
I remember Tom speaking when Gary Waters was coach. I picked him up in New Brunswick before the meeting and dropped him off afterwards. Spent a lot of time with him that evening as I was more or less the assigned host. Interesting guy and was very intermingled with Howard GarfInkel of 5 star. Met Howard a few times and they were totally different people. Howard was never too far from his cigar.

More articles.

This is a great thread and should get more reads/comments. Thanks for posting about Tom's life. If you want an inspiration for the week, read about how this man carried himself and his approach towards life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT