ADVERTISEMENT

RAC Parking Questions

jreinsdorf

All American
Jun 28, 2006
Is this the designated RV lot? Is there a good crowd in this lot and how much does it cost for an individual car? Thanks in advance.

many thousands of fans park at the RAC as it is the largest game-day lot on campus.

RV, OVERSIZED VEHICLE AND BUS PARKING
Gameday parking for Oversized Vehicles, including Recreational Vehicles (RVs) and buses, is $100 per game. Gameday Parking for RVs and Buses is only at the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC) and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Shuttle bus service to High Point Solutions Stadium will be provided free of charge on gameday. Please note that RVs and buses are not permitted to park in Johnson Park. Overnight RV parking is also available at the RAC. Amenities nearby include restaurants, groceries, and a movie theater all within walking distance on the Livingston campus.

So there was no RV or bus parking in Yellow or Blue last year?
Was I remembering from two years ago RVs parked in yellow in the back near the road?

Gameday parking (i.e., single game parking) for RVs and Buses is at the RAC.

But Season Parking is available in all season lots. You need to qualify for the season parking lot, and also pay an additional fee. Although the deadline has passed, you can probably call the ticket office and still request a season RV pass.

Season ticket holders can purchase RV passes in their assigned parking lot. To request your season RV pass, please call your ticket representative directly or call the Ticket Office at 866-445-GORU. These passes cost $450 and will be allocated based on Priority Points. The deadline to request a season RV pass is April 30, 2015. Regular parking passes will not be honored for RV access into any parking lot.​

http://www.scarletknights.com/development/parking.html

Our tailgate group is going to get much bigger this year to include 12-20 people including kids this year. None of us have an RV or even a parking pass for that matter. I just want to be able to park 5-6 cars next to each other as easily as possible and thought the RAC would be the best pay lot option. Thoughts? We used Johnson park last year for Indiana and would again but its not that easy to get that many spaces next to each other there.

Dumb question: why do you need 5-6 cars parked next to each other? Will you not be able to find each other if parked in a different row?

Dumb question: why do you need 5-6 cars parked next to each other? Will you not be able to find each other if parked in a different row?
My group always parks together. We meet off of 287 and follow each other to the stadium.

With a large tailgate group, you need the space behind multiple cars to have enough space for all the people, tables, grills, etc. (For 20 people, we'd need about 4 cars' worth of space.)

So there was no RV or bus parking in Yellow or Blue last year?
Was I remembering from two years ago RVs parked in yellow in the back near the road?
There is RV parking available in every lot. It just requires a more expensive special RV pass

Try fitting 15 to 20 people in the space behind one car. Challenging to say the least![cheers]
Yes but there's a big difference between 1 car & 6. The tailgating space that six cars takes up means about 30 square feet of room for each of the 20 people. Since it's a lot easier to find 3 spots together, jreinsdorf might want to set the expectation that they don't all have to park next to each other and save a lot of aggravation in his group.

3 types of lots.

Reserved lots: the color coded ones
Single game lot : The RAC
Employee lots: people with employee parking permits (which they pay for)

Yes but there's a big difference between 1 car & 6. The tailgating space that six cars takes up means about 30 square feet of room for each of the 20 people. Since it's a lot easier to find 3 spots together, jreinsdorf might want to set the expectation that they don't all have to park next to each other and save a lot of aggravation in his group.

I guess it depends on how much equipment you have (and whether people in your tailgate stand or sit). For our tailgate setup, 20 people behind 3 cars would be really cramped. We would really need about 4 car widths for 20. But I agree that 6 cars is excessive for any typical setup.

We regularly have 30 to 50 people at our tailgate in the Blue lot. It takes 7 to 8 trucks / SUV ' s to cart all of our stuff every week. We all meet up early and enter the lot at the same time. The space in between rows in the Blue is what has shrunk drastically in the last few years. It makes things really tight.

My group always parks together. We meet off of 287 and follow each other to the stadium.

With a large tailgate group, you need the space behind multiple cars to have enough space for all the people, tables, grills, etc. (For 20 people, we'd need about 4 cars' worth of space.)

This exactly. We usually try to get 3 cars together if possible to caravan in and park together.

I find that with corn hole, a canopy or two and all the chairs, equipment etc it is more comfortable to have more than 3 or so spots. I would say 4 is the minimum so I was curious if an RV lot like the RAC fills to capacity or not thus making it easier to find available space.

and if you can't all drive in together, hope the stars align and you get a friendly parking attendant that will hold a spot for your friend and/or noone sets up a tent and blocks access for your friend to pull in regardless.

I find that with corn hole, a canopy or two and all the chairs, equipment etc it is more comfortable to have more than 3 or so spots. I would say 4 is the minimum so I was curious if an RV lot like the RAC fills to capacity or not thus making it easier to find available space.

Parking attendants fill the lot from front to back. So if you don't enter the lot together, don't expect to park next to each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT