ADVERTISEMENT

RAC Pickup Spot advice

Eagleton96

All American
Jul 25, 2001
I can't make the game so my son is going with a friend tonight. My wife is dropping off and picking up. After the game some of the roads are closed to incoming traffic. Any advice on the closest sure fire safe spot for my wife to meet the kids for pickup?

I think you posted something similar last year about this, listen not trying to be a jerk.

1) She could probably park by the business school (like in the shoulder or something)
2) Jersey Mike's arena is not located in downtown Camden, when you keep saying "safely meet the kids" I promise you the 100-500 yard walk they will have from car to entrance, is not going to result in them being kidnapped. At least that is how it comes off with how you keep asking this.

Not trying to be a jerk, it just comes off like the most petrified/paranoid parent I have ever seen

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
I think you posted something similar last year about this, listen not trying to be a jerk.

1) She could probably park by the business school (like in the shoulder or something)
2) Jersey Mike's arena is not located in downtown Camden, when you keep saying "safely meet the kids" I promise you the 100-500 yard walk they will have from car to entrance, is not going to result in them being kidnapped. At least that is how it comes off with how you keep asking this.

Not trying to be a jerk, it just comes off like the most petrified/paranoid parent I have ever seen
Thank you Dr. Phil, sheesh😕

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagleton96

You have a better memory of what I did than I do I guess.

I'm just worried about traffic and channeling my wife's standards and not having the kids play frogger to get to the car if I ever want her to do pick up for them again.

Reactions: RUPete

I think when he says safely, it’s about how the kids can avoid the maniac drivers exiting the lots. I park in green and I’m always amazed at the guys trying to haul ass out of there and run over people. You can see the anxiety on their faces: “Can’t wait in traffic…must plow over pedestrians!” 😁

I'm just worried about traffic and channeling my wife's standards and not having the kids play frogger to get to the car if I ever want her to do pick up for them again.
I totally get it and I missed your post before I posted. Drivers are nuts there exiting the lots and it’s dark.

Reactions: Eagleton96

Totally understand that, my bad. I just thought the way it came off you were afraid someone would snatch your kid. My bad

Totally understand that, my bad. I just thought the way it came off you were afraid someone would snatch your kid. My bad
By safe I also meant 100% guaranteed that she'd be able to access the spot. I never pay attention to which roads are closed or converted to 1 way after the game or if it changes. So I needed a spot that I knew 100% both my wife and the kids would be able to access. It would be nice if they provided this information on the Rutgers website but I couldn't find anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT