ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thought

Ok, we can agree to disagree and Caleb has zero to do with this. I love Caleb's game.

It does have everything to do with it...there's one basketball and players have to learn how to play within a system.

Fans don't watch basketball they only watch what a player does when he has the ball...in that 1 on 1 non-team aspect, McClung can look good, flashy and dynamic.

Does he defend....not really.....

Can he play PG....not really, he plays off the ball, while Akinjo, the true PG at GTown, runs their offense.

Can McClung shoot well enough as a Shooting guard, to be a positive player....?? Offense in up and down, freewheeling fast breaking games?? Yes, he looks good.

In half court, is he consistently able to guard and defend....he needs work.

He's a solid athletic player, playing SG, not PG....he isn't an ideal SG, that defends true SGs at this level. He's going to have a few good games, but I don't think I would trade McConnell Mathis or Baker for him.....and Mulcahy while not athletic or quick, at least projects to be capable of running an offense.

If McClung was a PG that ran the offense, I'd be all in....but he can't and Georgetown isn't asking him to do that...

All I know is that whatever recruiting strategy Rutgers has followed for decades clearly hasn't worked as seen with over a decade of consecutive losing seasons.
Blame it on recruiting and or lack of player development .It really doesn't matter because the results remain the same.Maybe the RAC needs a paint job to change the status quo.

Reactions: bac2therac
All I know is that whatever recruiting strategy Rutgers has followed for decades clearly hasn't worked as seen with over a decade of consecutive losing seasons.
Blame it on recruiting and or lack of player development .It really doesn't matter because the results remain the same.Maybe the RAC needs a paint job to change the status quo.
I thought it was lack of a practice facility?

off topic, but i'm just imagining McLung and Young together in the same backcourt. :Laughing:flush::Devil:Fire:boom:

He's a career .280 from the arc, has more turnovers than assists, and grabs just 2.6 rbs/game. Not seeing what we missed big on.

Reactions: Scangg

exactly...this is why when Pike gets guys that would nornally make one scratch their head you don't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT