ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I wonder what these top recruits are getting offered. I know what one commit got. It’s not Football or BB money, but it’s no joke.

Henkel’s Dad is a mountain of a man like 6’5” 250 or something so Will could end up growing and filling out to avoid the middle weight jam. Regardless, I don’t think PSU went after him that hard so it’s surprising for sure. Also doubt he’s getting any serious money. But he obviously thinks it’s his path to success. Would have looked great in a RU singlet.
At PSU he’s just another dime a dozen.. in the middle weights he’s going to have to compete with Haines/ MM/ Facundo/ Sealy/ Duke… am
I missing any other studs?? Including Henkel that’s 6 elites that gotta share 157/165/174…. If he grows to 184/197 he gotta compete w/ Barr, Ryder, Mirasola twins for those 2 spots… don’t suppose he can make HWT… will be interesting to see how PSU fits everyone in…

Andrew Barbosa, one of our commits, in Doc B semis. Beat much higher ranked Grigor Chilokyan 7-2 in Qtrs. Grigor is Stanford commit and top 20 P4P recruit so very promising win
Definitely a great win and he has another tough match up in the semis against Beau Priest, who is nationally ranked as well.

Barbosa wins 6-1 and advances to the finals at 160! He will face Ishmael Guerrero from Oklahoma. He is an Okie State commit who is also a nationally ranked prospect at 157.

It's been an impressive run for him thus far, knocking off multiple highly ranked wrestlers along the way.

Sonny Amato from RFH is a name to watch, and I'd think we have a good shot, but it's really early.
Just beat returning state placer Zach Reilley in the shore conference finals. CBA did not attend so Nini did not compete

Reactions: MS-RU
Why did he flip?
Not sure where Knox ends up weight wise but I wonder if his commitment is was led to Smith’s decommitment. I think Knox is going to be good enough to go the Yianni route of not needing to do a year at Finger Lakes so if Cornell’s plan was to send Smith there, then each guys four years would overlap each other

Reactions: Peteras9144
Not sure where Knox ends up weight wise but I wonder if his commitment is was led to Smith’s decommitment. I think Knox is going to be good enough to go the Yianni route of not needing to do a year at Finger Lakes so if Cornell’s plan was to send Smith there, then each guys four years would overlap each other
That was my thought as well. But figured Knox looked big enough to get to 33 so wasn't sure if there would def be an overlap weight wise.

That was my thought as well. But figured Knox looked big enough to get to 33 so wasn't sure if there would def be an overlap weight wise.
Beating Paul Kenny, if true, and being recruited by Cornell are good indications. I hope he won't be too small a 125'er.

Knox being in his way of starting is a good reason to flip, assuming his academic qualifications didn't interfere, but I have no information either way on that. Opportunity to start is what I questioned about Deluca's choice to commit to Penn State. We should watch the portal for him to show up in a year or two.

Beating Paul Kenny, if true, and being recruited by Cornell are good indications. I hope he won't be too small a 125'er.

Knox being in his way of starting is a good reason to flip, assuming his academic qualifications didn't interfere, but I have no information either way on that. Opportunity to start is what I questioned about Deluca's choice to commit to Penn State. We should watch the portal for him to show up in a year or two.
I think that we'll see more PSU kids in the portal. Not that we need him (or want him), but I could see Robert Howard hitting the portal. His college career really took a turn with the injuries. He's probably going to graduate soon and has like 3 or 4 years of eligibility left.

I think that we'll see more PSU kids in the portal. Not that we need him (or want him), but I could see Robert Howard hitting the portal. His college career really took a turn with the injuries. He's probably going to graduate soon and has like 3 or 4 years of eligibility left.
Didn’t he and his father bash Rutgers during the recruiting process more or less saying Rutgers was beneath them? Probably shouldn’t have burned some bridges, oops

• Haha
Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT