ADVERTISEMENT

Red dot

This would have been a better red dot unveiling .

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Given all the RU marketing people tweeting about it, I imagine this is gonna end up being some “RU Brand Advancement” project, ie those “artists” that need to justify their job playing with Adobe all day. It’s gonna be something stupid like a new font or some social media garbage, because they have nothing better to do.
Called it

This is being spread out too long. For the marketing department if they actually went to school the first lesson is you never drag out something this long if you want to “hype” it up. Should have been dots for a day, then the font the next day, and then whatever it is. But this just screams amateur hour like some kid broadcasting his twitch channel

I would assume that they are jumping on the polka dot band wagon like many sports teams have done over the past year or two.

Amazon product ASIN B00DQSUVZ2
There was actually a High School BB team from Nashville that wore Polka Dot uniforms back in the early 60's. Apparently they distracted the opposing teams.

8334085577_8fae572084_c.jpg

8335142758_8795c83565_w.jpg

8335143128_f8e6334dc6.jpg

Epic fail. How much did this cost to come up with this?

you know this is all done with on-staff AD personnel, right?

I would put the added cost of this specific promotion at around................. just about....................... close to, but no less than............................................... carry the nine, add the four...................................................................

$0

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
you know this is all done with on-staff AD personnel, right?

I would put the added cost of this specific promotion at around................. just about....................... close to, but no less than............................................... carry the nine, add the four...................................................................

$0
not quite true.. they are being paid for doing this while they could be working on something else.

Reactions: RocktheRac
hydration?

relatively speaking - this was an effective social media campaign...
I was only commenting on the "cost".. as for effectiveness.. fine. I recall some big payout for the rebranding BEFORE GS arrived.. with that over-produced Rutgers with the sword as the T logos. That and the free design from some politician's wife to stick and NJ on top of the Block R were equally dismal... and if you factor in the cost to decide which was worse.. the free design was worse.

Unless this is something major, like we got a significant amount of money from Target and it is now the Target Arenaor they are building us a new indoor football facility with naming rights until the end of time, this whole thing seems like a waste of time.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Unless this is something major, like we got a significant amount of money from Target and it is now the Target Arenaor they are building us a new indoor football facility with naming rights until the end of time, this whole thing seems like a waste of time.

I checked out on day two, even if it is significant everyone will be annoyed they strung it out like a Chris Ash RB trying to find any hole to run through.

Reactions: RUPete
I am surprised the Star-Liar hasn’t been all over this this like the Disneyland comments.

I was only commenting on the "cost".. as for effectiveness.. fine. I recall some big payout for the rebranding BEFORE GS arrived.. with that over-produced Rutgers with the sword as the T logos. That and the free design from some politician's wife to stick and NJ on top of the Block R were equally dismal... and if you factor in the cost to decide which was worse.. the free design was worse.

giphy.gif

😉

I would assume that they are jumping on the polka dot band wagon like many sports teams have done over the past year or two.

There was actually a High School BB team from Nashville that wore Polka Dot uniforms back in the early 60's. Apparently they distracted the opposing teams.

8334085577_8fae572084_c.jpg

8335142758_8795c83565_w.jpg

8335143128_f8e6334dc6.jpg
Whoa! Those socks!

All should have been revealed last Monday when this all started. Now, if it's not something grand like building the Death Star, this will be viewed as a huge waste of time and the butt of many jokes.
Nah, it won't be viewed as anything, because it won't be noticed.

Would be cool if we started a Rutgers TV station with a heavy emphasis on sports available to all cable TV outlets across the state.

If this is a Rutgers recruiting website and parts of it are open to the general public, I hope they include age-specific areas that have information, articles, Rutgers video games, Free Rutgers magnets,etc. for future players as low as age ten or lower. We need to get New Jerseyans to identify Rutgers as their university and team at as young an age as possible. Just my two cents.

Reactions: RUDutch
Would be cool if we started a Rutgers TV station with a heavy emphasis on sports available to all cable TV outlets across the state.
called for that years ago.. especially when the NJ PBS stations were bought up by WNET-13.. that was ridiculous that that was allowed.

but, yeah, if you are a cable operator doing business in NJ you should be forced to carry a couple Rutgers Channels... should one exist.. in HD on the base free tier. KnightVision could be one.. and another could be academic content... possibly provided by Rutgers and by Big Ten schools and other NJ state schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT