ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball RHJ in several mock drafts ahead of Thursday's NBA Draft

Clevand at 39 would not only be a great landing spot but a great fit, don't know if he goes that high though.
It will be a sports trivia question and answer to the end of times.

The only father and son to be drafted by the same NBA team.

Last edited:
heard Hawks beat reporter interview this weekend. Specifically mentioned Harper and referenced an inexact Draymon Green comparison (mostly for size).

Not necessarily but a lot of 2nd rounders (even late 1st rounders) end up playing G League games these days. 2nd rounders usually end up on 2-way deals

Here's some data on the 2020 ad 2021 drafts:

I have no idea on the G-league - maybe a lot of 2nd rounders start out there. But the record seems to show a lot of 2nd rounders do make it in the NBA.

Last edited:
heard Hawks beat reporter interview this weekend. Specifically mentioned Harper and referenced an inexact Draymon Green comparison (mostly for size).
Oof, that's a pretty bad comparison. They are completely different styles of basketball player. It's like comparing Larry Johnson with Dennis Rodman.

Reactions: NickRU714
Oof, that's a pretty bad comparison. They are completely different styles of basketball player. It's like comparing Larry Johnson with Dennis Rodman.

Ha. It's about as bad as it could get.

To be fair to the Hawks writers, I believe the original "Say Bye to RHJ, he's leaving for the NBA" thread back in 2020 said RHJ would be pitched as a Draymond Green comparison.
And we know how accurate that thread was.

I have not idea on the G-league - maybe a lot of 2nd rounders start out there. But the record seems to show a lot of 2nd rounders do make it in the NBA.
Can’t rely on the Covid years. A lot of players went through the protocols, forcing the teams to acquire more players from the G-league.

Ultimately, it's going to be crapshoot regards to RHJ.
Such is the case with all late 2nd round pick projections.

So how many are going to break their rule and actually stay up to watch the NBA content on Thursday night?

I will watch Cavs games if he makes it...(and plays on the Cavs). Would be a good fit. Mark Price would get him the ball and Brad Daugherty is a decent passer and his threat as a scorer should help spacing.

Should be a big night for the Big Ten overall with 5-6 first round picks (does Ivey go #4??)

The past couple of years have been slim pickings for highly prized draft picks.

After a couple years of no freshman 1st round picks (Jaren Jackonson Jr. 2018) should see Malaki Branham (OSU) and maybe even Bryce McGowens (Nebraska) go in the 1st round.

You forgot Jaden

Hahaha. I was so confused because Jaden Ivey is a sophomore not a freshman.
Took a while but realized you meant Jaden Jones!

While Jones isn't the best example because he literally didn't play - but he is a sign of Rutgers entering a new era of player retention and recruiting.

High level HS players want to play professionally.
High level HS players generally leave college after their freshman/sophomores years.
4 of the 5 players on the All Big-Ten Freshman Team are staying the draft.

Big Ten has been an outlier the last couple of years with underwhelming draft prospects.
If a player wins a P5 Freshman of the Year award - almost guaranteed they are going straight to the NBA draft and will be a 1st round pick.

I said this all in one of the Griffiths threads.
If he is as impactful initially as some expect - don't think he'll be on the banks for more than a year or two.
It's just how the NBA Draft works.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG

I have no idea on the G-league - maybe a lot of 2nd rounders start out there. But the record seems to show a lot of 2nd rounders do make it in the NBA.
Yea I didn't mean a 2nd rounder won't make it to the NBA, I just meant as a 2nd rounder they usually play a lot of G League games in year 1

Yea I didn't mean a 2nd rounder won't make it to the NBA, I just meant as a 2nd rounder they usually play a lot of G League games in year 1

You are ultimately correct.
2nd round picks don't receive automatic guaranteed contracts like 1st round picks.
So they have to play their way onto just making a roster (Summer League, training camp, G-League).

As pointed out - do 2nd rounders play in the NBA? Yes, of course. But there are different levels of playing.
For every Duncan Robinson (undrafted to $90m contract) there are three Ignas Brazdeikis (2nd round pick who plays NBA minimal games/minutes and is switching teams every other year).

However, @RutgersNo1 made a great point above.
COVID has greatly increased the players who have made the NBA the last 2 years. Teams were literally grabbing any player they could to fill rosters at some points.

Clevand at 39 would not only be a great landing spot but a great fit, don't know if he goes that high though.

Looking at that NBAdraft.net draft it actually might not be a great landing spot.
They have Cleveland also taking Malaki Branham at 14th.

That's a similar sized player (6'5"), 3 years younger, similar shooting percentages from 3 and FT in college and also on a guaranteed contract.
Would actually be bad to end up on the same team for RHJ.

Looking at that NBAdraft.net draft it actually might not be a great landing spot.
They have Cleveland also taking Malaki Branham at 14th.

That's a similar sized player (6'5"), 3 years younger, similar shooting percentages from 3 and FT in college and also on a guaranteed contract.
Would actually be bad to end up on the same team for RHJ.
Ron and Branham are totally different players.

Branham comps well to LeVert (who is currently on the roster) while Ron is a much bigger body and going to be used more similarly to guys like PJ Tucker and Grant Williams.

Aka Branham will be a guy who has the ball in his hands and Ron is going to be more a spot up guy.

Reactions: NickRU714
Jaden should be considered a none and done since he played so few minutes. I’m sure he could play in Europe somewhere. His game is made for Europe…
I couldn’t tell you if you are correct or not. Didn’t see enuf of him to make a final judgement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT