ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rider Game PPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahahahaahhahaahahahaha. Im telling you guys, if you dont start getting loud on social media about the absurdity of this they will continue to pursue the belief that they can get to zero covid. There is no end point for these lunatics

Don’t know all the circumstances but they have to change the rules on anyone who doesn’t have Covid or is asymptomatic. My guess is the nfl is going to lead the change and maybe the nba. Then college hopefully will follow but will it be too late? Can’t cancel games anymore when people don’t have symptoms

Don’t know all the circumstances but they have to change the rules on anyone who doesn’t have Covid or is asymptomatic. My guess is the nfl is going to lead the change and maybe the nba. Then college hopefully will follow but will it be too late? Can’t cancel games anymore when people don’t have symptoms
Or its time to stop pretending covid poses any risk to college athletes or to the vaxxed staff. There is no end game here. We are living with covid for life now, deal with it

“Due to COVID-19 protocols and out of an abundance of caution, the Saturday, Dec. 18 game against Rider at Jersey Mike’s Arena will be rescheduled to a later date.”

Or its time to stop pretending covid poses any risk to college athletes or to the vaxxed staff. There is no end game here. We are living with covid for life now, deal with it
Well that too but yes I think there needs to be a change in philosophy where we need to learn to live with it. Can’t be shutting down everything anymore when people aren’t sick.

the problem is that each institution feels the weight of the decision to play or not to play..... could RU have decided to play with non symptom covid infected players, if they wanted to?

or, is it more of a concern on how it looks?....does the league have a set policy?

😣 Is Rutgers testing its athletes daily or are they now only testing symptomatic and then close contacts of positives? Did the SHU positives cause us to test everyone?

This.

Okay so you want games with no fans or no games at all? Take your pick

Reactions: shields
Also every member of our staff and team is fully vaccinated since September according to Jerry Carino

Don’t kid yourself. We know all the circumstances. Kids who are fully gvaccinated who have a .000000001 chance of dying of covid or severe illness because of covid with or without the vaccine caught Covid(something we were told was a very small chance) are are being told they can’t play a game they played all of last year because people to make themselves feel important.

Politicians see this as a power play so they can maintain all the power that they get during in emergency. Not to mention mail in voting is must for a certain party to maintain the house and senate in 2022.

so al we get is a bunch of people screaming fire in a crowded space so we can cause as much panic as possible.

Cases are sky rocketing while deaths and severe illness are staying low. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO HAPPEN TO GET THROUGH THE PANDEMIC!!!! Unfortunately politicians think they know better so they want to prolong the issue.

For all the people who say get vaccinated it works, they are certainly not acting like it works.

Don’t kid yourself. We know all the circumstances. Kids who are fully gvaccinated who have a .000000001 chance of dying of covid or severe illness because of covid with or without the vaccine caught Covid(something we were told was a very small chance) are are being told they can’t play a game they played all of last year because people to make themselves feel important.

Politicians see this as a power play so they can maintain all the power that they get during in emergency. Not to mention mail in voting is must for a certain party to maintain the house and senate in 2022.

so al we get is a bunch of people screaming fire in a crowded space so we can cause as much panic as possible.
Why are you talking in about mail in voting . Wtf kinda shit is that

Like I said in the Seton Hall thread yesterday, I don’t get it; the flu right now appears to be much worse (than “omicron”) and going around like wildfire - as we have seen with our athletic teams the past month or so - but we’re not canceling games because of that. So political at this point it’s not funny.

Okay so you want games with no fans or no games at all? Take your pick

I can’t read kyk’s mind but i am pretty sure he wants all games with a sold out crowd. Which is exactly what we should do.
Why would we need to pick?

The government is telling us vaccines work. The data says vaccines work at preventing severe illness and death. Which to be honest risk of severe illness and death was always rare for any healthy person under 50 regardless of vax status but vaccines certainly helped the 50+ age group.

So if vaccines work and it is backed by data why do we need to choose?

Last edited:
Like I said in the Seton Hall thread yesterday, I don’t get it; the flu right now appears to be much worse (than “omicron”) and going around like wildfire - as we have seen with our athletic teams the past month or so - but we’re not canceling games because of that. So political at this point it’s not funny.

I wonder if it wasn't the flu...but covid then.

21 months into this and we havent learned a damn thing

And last night people here were trying to moralize the people who do and don't get covid

Guess what the vaccines are ineffective and we are living with protocols from the start of the pandemic

I think we all need to start adapting with this thing but vaccines also aren’t ineffective. That’s such a stupid take.

Also why is mail in voting being talked about in this thread?

“Abundance of caution”??? What does that mean? Nobody actually tested positive but we just felt like rescheduling the game “because?”

I wonder if there are any postive cases and the school is just curling into the fetal position because of the media and Fauci created hysteria

Are you serious? Because the only way democrats keep the house or senate is massive mail in balloting… no better way to get it the. Telling people is is t safe to leave the house. Were you alive in 2020?

they certainly are not doing this for health reasons.
Your losing it dude. Put down the bottle. You are talking about mail in voting in a basketball thread.

I think we all need to start adapting with this thing but vaccines also aren’t ineffective. That’s such a stupid take.

Also why is mail in voting being talked about in this thread?

I didnt bring up mail in voting so dont reply to me with that nonsense

Yes they are ineffective as the goalpost move. If they weren't ineffective why are schools being shut and why are we are on the verge of many lockdowns and restrictions in the next 2 weeks

Cases are sky rocketing while deaths and severe illness are staying low. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO HAPPEN TO GET THROUGH THE PANDEMIC!!!! Unfortunately politicians think they know better so they want to prolong the issue.

For all the people who say get vaccinated it works, they are certainly not acting like it works.

I thought this was a league or university decision. Which politicians were involved in postponing or canceling this game?

Reactions: ldwnmas and Shell21
I didnt bring up mail in voting so dont reply to me with that nonsense

Yes they are ineffective as the goalpost move. If they weren't ineffective why are schools being shut and why are we are on the verge of many lockdowns and restrictions in the next 2 weeks

Sorry i thought it would make sense to lump 2 idiotic posts together.

I agree that we need to start adapting.

But to say “vaccines are ineffective” is a lie and you know it.

Last edited:
This blows - we’re going back to no sports to watch. Dust off the Troy Aikman - Steve Young classics.

I wonder if it wasn't the flu...but covid then.
I’m sure they were getting tested. My friends who have all gotten the flu have gotten hit really hard really fast and basically can’t move for 3 to 5 days but test negative.
No way field hockey and soccer girls, those games in the NCAA tournament, would have been played had they been testing positive for Covid and I just had the flu.

I guess we won’t be seeing the WBB coach this year. In reality they were going to do this regardless of vaccination status of fans , staff and everyone else. Not saying the virus isn’t real , only saying if we keep doing the exact same things , which have not worked evidently , perhaps a change in direction and health leadership is needed at key positions.

If you want to promote vaccines , you can’t have kids and athletes sit out if they are vaccinated and asymtomatic.
We had one kid out yesterday for my high school team with the flu ( tested negative ) but we still played. If it was covid though I bet we wouldn’t have

This is dumb, they should just stop testing these people unless they are truly sick and just play the ****ing games.

That said it is amazing @bac2therac can string two sentences together as he simultaneously tells us that vaccines do not matter and also that we should not "live in fear" because "almost all vaccinated". I guess you use all your brain energy for the year on NCAA tournament analysis because you are just not very smart.

Also, shout out to @Pancho1939 who believes cancelling the Rutgers/Rider game is a conspiracy by Democrats to steal the midterms, I look forward to seeing you at the capitol in early 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT