ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rider Game PPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dumb, they should just stop testing these people unless they are truly sick and just play the ****ing games.

That said it is amazing @bac2therac can string two sentences together as he simultaneously tells us that vaccines do not matter and also that we should not "live in fear" because "almost all vaccinated". I guess you use all your brain energy for the year on NCAA tournament analysis because you are just not very smart.

Also, shout out to @Pancho1939 who believes cancelling the Rutgers/Rider game is a conspiracy by Democrats to steal the midterms, I look forward to seeing you at the capitol in early 2023.
You got one of 3 paragraphs right

I hope this thread can stay civil . Focus on basketball and other sports/events . Not get locked

How on earth does Rutgers claim they want to make the game up before Big 10 play begins..thats the 4th of January and its likely next weeks game gets cancelled. My prediction is cancel the Maine game because our world will be in fear panic by then but reschedule Rider just before New Year since they are a bus ride away

Rutgers hoops canceled , Radio city season ended. Santa con is still on in Hoboken today !
Well… The mayor did mandate that for today any bars participating in ANY “bar crawl” today - and today only lol - require vac cards or negative rapid tests from last 24-hours (I believe maybe 48).

Well… The mayor did mandate that for today any bars participating in ANY “bar crawl” today - and today only lol - require vac cards or negative rapid tests from last 24-hours (I believe maybe 48).
Does that happen in Hoboken ? Everyone I know that goes out in the ny city says it doesn’t get checked. Granted the kinds people I know are outer Burroughs folks !

The variable is if we had players at less than 100% vs Seton Hall and looked sluggish and they're not any better today, should the game be played??

Same goes for Rider or whomever else has a player less than 100%.....

You're not going to get an "injury report " or spotlight on player(s) who aren't 100%.....if they're 100% in a week or month, then that's the right decision, for competitive balance.

In the NFL, the game was moved back 2 days for teams with higher positive results, to hopefully shake through whatever symptoms, however mild or moderate/severe they may be......if a player is at 70% today and 90% by Tuesday and 95% by Wednesday, and Rider is less than an hour away, reschedule the game.

The rest of you triggered covid-heads, knock yourself and keyboards out.....this to me is about seeing a quality product, whether college hoops, NBA, NFL or whatever else is on TV.....it seems pretty clear that it doesn't make sense to play, if neither team is 100%.....

And a good chunk of bars responded with “we are not officially participating in santa con, come as you normally will for a holiday party. No vaxx required” - green rock and 8th street for starters

How on earth does Rutgers claim they want to make the game up before Big 10 play begins..thats the 4th of January and its likely next weeks game gets cancelled. My prediction is cancel the Maine game because our world will be in fear panic by then but reschedule Rider just before New Year since they are a bus ride away
I don’t see any of these games happening

Reactions: RUCensored
It is good to see that, for the most part, people on both sides of the political sand vax spectrum Aren’t quite budding heads as much on this topic anymore. I think more sensible heads regarding the continuation of a lot of this stuff is starting to meet more towards the middle.

I’m sure they were getting tested. My friends who have all gotten the flu have gotten hit really hard really fast and basically can’t move for 3 to 5 days but test negative.
No way field hockey and soccer girls, those games in the NCAA tournament, would have been played had they been testing positive for Covid and I just had the flu.
So teams can play with the flu but not Covid.

Does that happen in Hoboken ? Everyone I know that goes out in the ny city says it doesn’t get checked. Granted the kinds people I know are outer Burroughs folks !
This is a one day and one event only thing, so far, hopefully it stays that way. I mean I’m fully vaccinated, I’m not anti-vaccination or pro vaccination, per se, but we’re all adults. If you’re sick, stay home, if you don’t care, you should be allowed to be in a bar or restaurant at this point without having to worry about a damn card.

It is good to see that, for the most part, people on both sides of the political sand vax spectrum Aren’t quite budding heads as much on this topic anymore. I think more sensible heads regarding the continuation of a lot of this stuff is starting to meet more towards the middle.
Exactly. We still need to take precautions but have to have common sense too , especially for the vaccinated and asymtomatic

And a good chunk of bars responded with “we are not officially participating in santa con, come as you normally will for a holiday party. No vaxx required” - green rock and 8th street for starters
Correct. I will be at the Fa La La Lala party, raising money for The Hoboken homeless shelters this afternoon at Vin 8. If you’re not on the guest list you don’t get in the bar/restaurant.

The variable is if we had players at less than 100% vs Seton Hall and looked sluggish and they're not any better today, should the game be played??

Same goes for Rider or whomever else has a player less than 100%.....

You're not going to get an "injury report " or spotlight on player(s) who aren't 100%.....if they're 100% in a week or month, then that's the right decision, for competitive balance.

In the NFL, the game was moved back 2 days for teams with higher positive results, to hopefully shake through whatever symptoms, however mild or moderate/severe they may be......if a player is at 70% today and 90% by Tuesday and 95% by Wednesday, and Rider is less than an hour away, reschedule the game.

The rest of you triggered covid-heads, knock yourself and keyboards out.....this to me is about seeing a quality product, whether college hoops, NBA, NFL or whatever else is on TV.....it seems pretty clear that it doesn't make sense to play, if neither team is 100%.....
I don't get this view at all. Should we have postponed our games because Geo was injured? If players are out for an illness how is that different than any other injury?

May I recommend rewatching our recent victory over Purdue?

The season may be in jeopardy and that sucks. In the meantime, I’m grateful we had our one shining moment. It never gets old to relive it.
True. No one can take that away.

Reactions: BillyC80
If the season is now over can we say that we kept our NCAA tournament streak going?
Yes, it’s at three now. One legit and two mystery invitations to invisible tournaments.

The best part about it is that Johnson’s and Young’s transfer ultimately had no impact and Pike’s recruiting is absolutely fine.

Not for nothing, if there's an outbreak on the team and it's asymptomatic/mild I'm thrilled it's happening now and not in the thick of B1G season. Team should be good to go from January onward

800,000 Americans have died from COVID over the last 2 years. Lunatics ?
You are an idiot.
1) Show me the data where any type of restrictions and government intervention worked and further if you can find any (you cant) what are the tradeoffs?
2) do you believe zero covid can happen or is this something we live with for the rest of our lives?

I think this is more of a function of timing given the players and coaches would like to go home to see their families for the holidays. While some of you view these players as purely there for our entertainment we do have to realize they may have concerns outside of basketball such as elderly relatives, etc.

Reactions: Scarlet83
For those complaining here, your complaints only mean something if you drop your tickets. If you don't drop your tickets your argument is dumb and pointless, because it just means you like to hear yourself talk. You complainers won't drop your tickets though, you do this every time.

Talk is cheap. Take action not words.

I am glad Rutgers is being responsible and PPD the game.

Reactions: Plum Street
I don't get this view at all. Should we have postponed our games because Geo was injured? If players are out for an illness how is that different than any other injury?

You're correct but it to me is about coaches and program manipulating the system and being cautious....a hamstring or flu is not the same as covid, but just because a player is fully vaccinated, doesn't mean they are not compromised or more winded than they would be otherwise.

The larger question is if a team has 3 of their top 8 players at less than 70% capacity, should you play the game, risk a less than optimal performance OR wait a few days or play the game later, when the team is better??

I am looking at this similar to the NFL.....The Rams had a massive outbreak and the league accommodated them by moving the game back 2 days.....if they lose the game on Sunday, because most of their players could not play or were not 100%, is that fair to their playoff situation??

I am not saying I agree that the NFL should push back games, but no one wants to see a 3rd string QB play, in a game where 1 additional loss, means you don't make the playoff.....

If RU throws up a bad performance and wins by 3 to 5 points as a 18 point favorite, guess what.....??? It still counts against all of the measurements of results for the season.....whether it is Geo with a hammy or someone else who's less than 100% with a covid positive test....

Reactions: fluoxetine
We better not cancel any of those remaining OOC games… we need 3 wins there if we have any snowballs chance to see post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT