ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Damerjian Commits to RU - Class of 2020

If Poz isn’t ready to contend in year 1 (as in not a top 20 184lber in the country), I think I and probably some others will finally fully understand the gargantuan leap from high school to college. I have to think he will be top 20, but if not, consider that lesson learned.

If Poz isn’t ready to contend in year 1 (as in not a top 20 184lber in the country), I think I and probably some others will finally fully understand the gargantuan leap from high school to college. I have to think he will be top 20, but if not, consider that lesson learned.
Just look at our own team.

From sophomore year on, Kanniard went 131-4, was a 3x state medalist, 2x state finalist and a state champ, was probably the 2nd most dominant wrestler in NJ his senior year, and he went 0-2 against MVB who is an average starter in the big 10.

Just look at our own team.

From sophomore year on, Kanniard went 131-4, was a 3x state medalist, 2x state finalist and a state champ, was probably the 2nd most dominant wrestler in NJ his senior year, and he went 0-2 against MVB who is an average starter in the big 10.
I know, same can be said for Jojo and others. But Poz was much more dominant.

He was and that's why I compared him to Hahn, but Hahn did so earlier in his career and had more in his arsenal. The question that can only be answered with exposure to competition is whether he can carry over that advantage in college. I do like his aggressiveness, hope he can increase his strength over the summer, and not become passive as others have. I do worry about what appears to be systemic to the program - lack of aggression and problems on bottom.

He was and that's why I compared him to Hahn, but Hahn did so earlier in his career and had more in his arsenal. The question that can only be answered with exposure to competition is whether he can carry over that advantage in college. I do like his aggressiveness, hope he can increase his strength over the summer, and not become passive as others have. I do worry about what appears to be systemic to the program - lack of aggression and problems on bottom.

Hahn redshirted his freshman year at Minny

I think Poz and Kanniard have similar HS resumes. Poz a little better but not much. That’s not a knock on either guy. Both dominant.

Reactions: brentx35
I think Poz and Kanniard have similar HS resumes. Poz a little better but not much. That’s not a knock on either guy. Both dominant.
Agree both dominant. Poz moreso as he had 4 pins and a TF in the state tournament. Kanniard had one TF, 2 MD’s, 2 decisions. Yes, I understand there’s more than the state tournament, and obviously their competition differed. But I just think Poz was clearly more dominant than Robert and Jojo (who had 4 decisions and a TF).

Poz wrestled a much more difficult schedule than Kanniard. Kanniard seldom left NJ to wrestle folk style. The same can't be said for Poz. Kinnaird has a lot more to proved than Poz. He seems to be a hard worker. Let's see if results follow. We should know soon.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Poz wrestled a much more difficult schedule than Kanniard. Kanniard seldom left NJ to wrestle folk style. The same can't be said for Poz. Kinnaird has a lot more to proved than Poz. He seems to be a hard worker. Let's see if results follow. We should know soon.
That’s fair, though not Kanniards fault. While Poz traveler to tournaments like Beast, I’d argue the Shore is way deeper than whatever conference Colonia is in. Don’t know who Wall wrestled off the top of my head though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT