ADVERTISEMENT

Roger Ayers - Ref in Ohio State Debacle

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
I yelled at him before the game right before Tip off about the out of bounds non call vs Ohio State and I got a Charles Manson psycho look from him like how dare I yell at him for such an egregious error.

For those that don't know, he's a very highly regarded and highly rated ref primarily reffing ACC and sometimes Big East games and now also doing Big 10 games.

He did give us a favorable non call today late in 2nd half when Cliff jumped and literally jumped over the top of Rebraca's head under the basket and he incredibly did not call a foul on Cliff.

He did show a bit of humor later in the game when I was hounding him about 3 second violations - and he gave me the 1-2-3 hand signal.

At least,no blaming the refs today. They reffed an overall good game with even Eric Curry (whit haired ref) being objective.

Is this the same ref who got fired as a cop for his behavior?

Is this the same ref who got fired as a cop for his behavior?
No. I think you're referring to Larry Scirrotto - who I heard about the above but don't know if its true. Larry is a short balding dude.

Scirotto reffed the Ohio State game but I believe was on the other side of the court from where the out of bounds play occurred.

Reactions: Scangg and Zak57
I yelled at him before the game right before Tip off about the out of bounds non call vs Ohio State and I got a Charles Manson psycho look from him like how dare I yell at him for such an egregious error.

For those that don't know, he's a very highly regarded and highly rated ref primarily reffing ACC and sometimes Big East games and now also doing Big 10 games.

He did give us a favorable non call today late in 2nd half when Cliff jumped and literally jumped over the top of Rebraca's head under the basket and he incredibly did not call a foul on Cliff.

He did show a bit of humor later in the game when I was hounding him about 3 second violations - and he gave me the 1-2-3 hand signal.

At least,no blaming the refs today. They reffed an overall good game with even Eric Curry (whit haired ref) being objective.
That explains why they were so lax today relative to normal. 😄

No. I think you're referring to Larry Scirrotto - who I heard about the above but don't know if its true. Larry is a short balding dude.

Scirotto reffed the Ohio State game but I believe was on the other side of the court from where the out of bounds play occurred.
Doesn’t matter, Larry sets the tone for the game. If you’re on his squad for the night, you listen. He’s the guy “people know” in Ft. Lauderdale, lets just say that.

Complete ****ing scumbag.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Oh man I blew it. If I knew it was the ref I would have been allllll over him about it from the front row

Scirotto is the former police chief who was fired for discrimination. During the Ohio State final play, he was the baseline ref and he had what appeared to be a clear view of the play up the sideline. Ayers was the ref closest to the play, and Kip Kissinger was the ref on the other side of the court.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ice-chief-48-fired-discrimination-issues.html

Except for the 7 or 8 3 second violations and traveling they didn’t call

3 second calls against Iowa?
If they aren't going to call Purdue's Edey who sets up a tent and lights a campfire while in the lane they aren't going to call anybody.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT