ADVERTISEMENT

Roster (this may sound stupid)

Woody522

Sophomore
Dec 7, 2013
With the transfer portal and how often guys move.

Why doesn't pike (and other programs) stop taking project guys or guys that would take a few years to develop and focus on getting transfers that could help more immediately.

What I mean by that is guys like Reiber and Oskar. Clearly are years away from being viable options. Instead it would probably have made more sense for pike to tell them to transfer and bring in more experienced and talented peices.

I know people are going to react "how dare you take a rutgers education away from a kid like they did when we all wanted souf gone" but I feel like today it's more prevalent.

Reactions: kcg88
Maybe our whole team will enter the portal. Not sure if anyone will wind up anywhere other than Cliff, however.

Many transfers are projects, too. That's why they're transfers -- the coach didn't think they were good enough to deserve playing time.

I don't really think cliff transfers. You guys assume this because of his recruit rankings
Pike’s going to have to do a lot of selling. This team will be a another mess next year. Johnson and Young hid a lot of flaws last year.

Reactions: rume
I mean so far this team is a complete abomination. If people want to transfer, let them transfer. It’s not like anyone is any good?

Reactions: kcg88
With the transfer portal and how often guys move.

Why doesn't pike (and other programs) stop taking project guys or guys that would take a few years to develop and focus on getting transfers that could help more immediately.

What I mean by that is guys like Reiber and Oskar. Clearly are years away from being viable options. Instead it would probably have made more sense for pike to tell them to transfer and bring in more experienced and talented peices.

I know people are going to react "how dare you take a rutgers education away from a kid like they did when we all wanted souf gone" but I feel like today it's more prevalent.
And when you get a project. You can spend years developing him and just when he is ready he can transfer on you.
It make no sense to take projects. But pike isn't a good recruiter

So do you consider football recruits that early enroll in Jan, play spring ball and play in Sept their 2nd season? He enrolled in January 2020, 9 man rotation ahead of him & redshirted a half season(2months), played less than 50-100 total minutes due to circumstances and 8 experienced players still ahead of him in his first full season, He hasn't even been on campus for 2 years yet, let alone 3 years or 3 full seasons. People are harsh to guys who haven't really been given a chance but spot minutes in their entire career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT