ADVERTISEMENT

The longer the season goes.......

Hawk trying to rewrite history saying he didn't say we would be a more dangerous and explosive team even though I quoted him saying it

61*-60-60-72-58-45

We are averaging less than 60. This explosive dangerous offense you relentlessly argued about is a complete fantasy

As predictable as ever. Like I said, we could lose out the rest of the season and Hawk will write a novel about how it had nothing to do with Mag... and in his own head he will be right

Are we scoring 45 vs Minnesota?? LMAO

You had a post still crying about Mag, get a remote control or read up about other teams injuries, to MORE important/key players on other teams.

Has Kris Murray missed games in the B1G for Iowa....

Has Malik Hall missed 5 to 6 games for MSU....??

Has Tyler Wahl missed games for Wisconsin....??

Has Dawson Garcia missed games for Minnesota......??

Has Jett Howard missed games for Michigan.....??

Has Julian Roper missed a bunch of games for NWestern....??

Has Zed Key played with a separated shoulder all year and then just decided to have season-ending surgery for OSU.....??

Has Xavier Johnson, Race Thompson, Jaden Hood-Schifino, Trace Jackson Davis all missed parts or multiple B1G games this year.....???

You sound like a good fan, looking for excuses.....you are either delusional or not aware or BOTH....

I again look at the opponents we have played as the factor on the offense.....I look at how erratic Mulcahy has played, I look at EVERYTHING, you and lazy fans look for excuses that aren't supported by data.

I will ask again on the before and after Mag....take away the Minnesota game, which is a CLEAR aberration on the stats for the B1G offensive rankings for RU. Remove that outlier, vs a last place team, missing their best player and you want to attempt to say Mag is the sole reason.....?? OMG....at least do some research...

Should I look and count Coppin State and Central Connecticut State and all 7 Quad 4 home games too....LMAO

Are we scoring 45 vs Minnesota?? LMAO

You had a post still crying about Mag, get a remote control or read up about other teams injuries, to MORE important/key players on other teams.

Has Kris Murray missed games in the B1G for Iowa....

Has Malik Hall missed 5 to 6 games for MSU....??

Has Tyler Wahl missed games for Wisconsin....??

Has Dawson Garcia missed games for Minnesota......??

Has Jett Howard missed games for Michigan.....??

Has Julian Roper missed a bunch of games for NWestern....??

Has Zed Key played with a separated shoulder all year and then just decided to have season-ending surgery for OSU.....??

Has Xavier Johnson, Race Thompson, Jaden Hood-Schifino, Trace Jackson Davis all missed parts or multiple B1G games this year.....???

You sound like a good fan, looking for excuses.....you are either delusional or not aware or BOTH....

I again look at the opponents we have played as the factor on the offense.....I look at how erratic Mulcahy has played, I look at EVERYTHING, you and lazy fans look for excuses that aren't supported by data.

I will ask again on the before and after Mag....take away the Minnesota game, which is a CLEAR aberration on the stats for the B1G offensive rankings for RU. Remove that outlier, vs a last place team, missing their best player and you want to attempt to say Mag is the sole reason.....?? OMG....at least do some research...

Should I look and count Coppin State and Central Connecticut State and all 7 Quad 4 home games too....LMAO
WE AREN'T THESE OTHER TEAMS

This is completely irrelevant

RUTGERS HAS NO DEPTH

You think a team that has serious depth issues would be more explosive and dangerous losing a starter

It's a horrible take. Our depth is being exposed

WE AREN'T THESE OTHER TEAMS

This is completely irrelevant

RUTGERS HAS NO DEPTH

You think a team that has serious depth issues would be more explosive and dangerous losing a starter

It's a horrible take. Our depth is being exposed

You're backtracking.....LOL

Everyone has depth concerns or questions about their players. You are backtracking, I named 10 players or starters who are clearly better than Mag on other teams.....no one is going to care dude.

You attempted to say Mag's loss is a clear indicator and I snuffed out your argument. Coppin State and CCSU is the same as Michigan, at Indiana at Illinois.....LMAO

Cmon, you want to compare at Indiana, at Illinois, Michigan and at Wisconsin to games at home vs Minnesota when they scored 90 points.

Take out the 90 point game vs Monmouth and tell me what the other games look like. LMAO
Doesn't change the averages much for the B1G scoring output. We averaged 65.5 points per game in those 11 B1G games removing Minnesota, which is still significantly more than the 5 without him (59.0). Take the L here

You're backtracking.....LOL

Everyone has depth concerns or questions about their players. You are backtracking, I named 10 players or starters who are clearly better than Mag on other teams.....no one is going to care dude.

You attempted to say Mag's loss is a clear indicator and I snuffed out your argument. Coppin State and CCSU is the same as Michigan, at Indiana at Illinois.....LMAO
No one is going to care? Who cares? Lol

You're still not taking the L for thinking we would be more explosive and dangerous without Mag. We have no depth so it's obvious that wouldn't be the case. You keep bringing up irrelevant items and using it to move the goalposts and pretend you're right

You will gain more credibility if you just admit it was a bad take

Reactions: Rutgers56 and Zak57
These are the same players you said would be a more dangerous and explosive offense without Mag

"The fans complaining about the offense, asking for cutting, as if RU has quicker, faster, jump shooting players, that can attack 1 on 1 off the dribble."

The whole point is BECAUSE we don't have jump shooting players that can attack 1 on 1 off the dribble that we need to be cutting and moving. That's how you offset lack of 1 on 1 talent

Lack of ball and player movement requires someone to have to beat their man 1 on 1

Way off here on this too

I’ve learned trying to converse with Hawk on certain topics is a lost cause.

When he’s out there or clearly off on his takes he’ll never admit it and proceed to write 10-15 paragraphs to confuse us and pretend like he was right on.

Doesn't change the averages much for the B1G scoring output. We averaged 65.5 points per game in those 11 B1G games removing Minnesota, which is still significantly more than the 5 without him (59.0). Take the L here

Again, there no (L)....RU playing bad and scoring 45 last night has ZERO to do with Mag. You got called out for a bad take and my take is the legitimate argument on who we played, where the game was played etc.

It's OK to be wrong....you guys have to drive narratives and hysteria.....I get it....

No one is going to care? Who cares? Lol

You're still not taking the L for thinking we would be more explosive and dangerous without Mag. We have no depth so it's obvious that wouldn't be the case. You keep bringing up irrelevant items and using it to move the goalposts and pretend you're right

You will gain more credibility if you just admit it was a bad take

Now it's we would be more explosive.....you use all of these random, illegitimate takes that are not fact based items.

I'll ask again, do you consider 8 Quad 4 opponents, all at home, as an accurate example on how to assess something or not??

Do you think Illinois, Indiana, MSU, Wisconsin and Michigan are all bad opponents?? Does how Wisconsin play (slow) have any difference to how Nebraska or Iowa play (faster)??

We were not winning at Indiana or Illinois because Mag was out. We lost because one team shot the lights out in the 1st half and the team had a extremely bad scoring drought in the 2H vs Illinois.....Mawot Mag is not a go to player, to get points or stop a scoring drought. I am using facts, not variable words. Could Mag had scored on a putback or a 3 pointer or prevented a couple of baskets last night and scored his 8PPG....perhaps, I am not saying he would not have scored or done anything.

But this giant leap that RU was going to win all of these games, is a horrible take and delusional. If you told me we lost Cliff, Spencer, Mulcahy or Caleb for these 5 to 6 games, do you think we would have won MSU or Wisconsin on the road??

You're not accounting for anything or showing any respect for the caliber of opponent. Should we compare Woolfolk, Reiber stats in the OOC games or should I look at their games in the B1G as more of an indicator??

Mag was improving as the FIFTH option on the floor. Why is that not relevant to you, is baffling.

If you're way down for the year, isn't that evidence that your gut feelings are trash?

Bring the hate. Rutgers fans, we’re all like battered women that can’t leave their drunk husband. Yeah but I’m even now. Thanks to the inevitable RU collapse.

Now it's we would be more explosive.....you use all of these random, illegitimate takes that are not fact based items.

I'll ask again, do you consider 8 Quad 4 opponents, all at home, as an accurate example on how to assess something or not??

Do you think Illinois, Indiana, MSU, Wisconsin and Michigan are all bad opponents?? Does how Wisconsin play (slow) have any difference to how Nebraska or Iowa play (faster)??

We were not winning at Indiana or Illinois because Mag was out. We lost because one team shot the lights out in the 1st half and the team had a extremely bad scoring drought in the 2H vs Illinois.....Mawot Mag is not a go to player, to get points or stop a scoring drought. I am using facts, not variable words. Could Mag had scored on a putback or a 3 pointer or prevented a couple of baskets last night and scored his 8PPG....perhaps, I am not saying he would not have scored or done anything.

But this giant leap that RU was going to win all of these games, is a horrible take and delusional. If you told me we lost Cliff, Spencer, Mulcahy or Caleb for these 5 to 6 games, do you think we would have won MSU or Wisconsin on the road??

You're not accounting for anything or showing any respect for the caliber of opponent. Should we compare Woolfolk, Reiber stats in the OOC games or should I look at their games in the B1G as more of an indicator??

Mag was improving as the FIFTH option on the floor. Why is that not relevant to you, is baffling.
What do you mean now? I've been quoting you on this over and over. You said we would be more dangerous and explosive without Mag. Your words. It's a direct quote from you linked earlier in the thread

"It would be disappointing for RU fans to build in reasons or excuses for anything. I have not changed my bullish view of RU basketball at all. I am expecting good defense and better offense in time, because of this injury. I believe in the long run, RU will be more dangerous and explosive come March."

Personally I was expecting a sweet 16 run minimum pre Mag. I can't wait to see this more dangerous and explosive team make their final four run now that we got rid of that anchor Mag holding us back!

🤣🤣🤣

Just stop already

Again, there no (L)....RU playing bad and scoring 45 last night has ZERO to do with Mag. You got called out for a bad take and my take is the legitimate argument on who we played, where the game was played etc.

It's OK to be wrong....you guys have to drive narratives and hysteria.....I get it....
chris-rock-huh.gif

Here is how you SHOULD look at the numbers.

We have played 17 B1G games. Not all teams play the same style of basketball, so if a team plays a faster pace of game, that is NOT a true indicator of your typical offensive or defensive numbers.

So if I look at the games and take the Iowa road game as a style of type of game RU doesn't typically play in terms of pace, then you can be foolish enough to include it OR take it as an outlier.

I am taking 3 games out of 17 as outlier type of games, where RU didn't play a style of game on either offense or defense. I have TWO offensive games which are outliers on the offensive end and ONE on the defensive end out of 17 games. That means in 14 out of 17 B1G games, the type of game is 4 out of 5 times more likely to be played at that style or pace.

Here are the numbers if I remove the lights out offense against an awful Q4 Minnesota and if I remove the train wreck of Michigan last night. One had 90 points, another had 45. I am also removing the other high paced game of giving up 92 and scoring 83 at Iowa, since those games on both metrics are NOT typical.

In the 14 other B1G games or 6 out of 7 likely games, these are the actual numbers.

Prior to Mag playing a full game in both halves, RU had 9 games where I count the regulation PPG (metrics don't include OT stats).

63 Indiana
66 OSU
65 Purdue
64 Maryland
65 Iowa
65 NW
57 OSU (before Overtime)
57 MSU
65 PSU

Those NINE B1G games (not a small sample size), RU averaged in regulation time 63.00 PPG.

In the last 5 games (if I exclude last night's debacle) here are the other FIVE complete games where Mag didn't play a full game or both halves.

MSU 61
IND 60
ILL 60
NEB 72
WISC 58

In these FIVE full games without Mag, RU has averaged 62.2 PPG

To recap in 14 out of 17 B1G games that I consider the "normal B1G game", RU averages 63.00 with Mag and 62.20 without Mag.

Now, if you want to say RUs defense is drastically worse in the 5 games, I could definitely agree, but it's more of who RU has played more than anything else.

I could argue that at Indiana, at Illinois and at Wisconsin are legitimate road games against 2 NCAA locks and Wisconsin probably landing on the wrong side of the bubble in the NIT. Add in Michigan and an improving Nebraska team and its who you play more than anything else.

To recap.....17 B1G games and the PPG offense is less than 1 Point difference game in 14 of those games. 14 out of 17 is a very high indicator of something, instead of including 8 Quad 4 home games etc.

This is tossing the L to you my friend.

Reactions: pigmasty83
Here is how you SHOULD look at the numbers.

We have played 17 B1G games. Not all teams play the same style of basketball, so if a team plays a faster pace of game, that is NOT a true indicator of your typical offensive or defensive numbers.

So if I look at the games and take the Iowa road game as a style of type of game RU doesn't typically play in terms of pace, then you can be foolish enough to include it OR take it as an outlier.

I am taking 3 games out of 17 as outlier type of games, where RU didn't play a style of game on either offense or defense. I have TWO offensive games which are outliers on the offensive end and ONE on the defensive end out of 17 games. That means in 14 out of 17 B1G games, the type of game is 4 out of 5 times more likely to be played at that style or pace.

Here are the numbers if I remove the lights out offense against an awful Q4 Minnesota and if I remove the train wreck of Michigan last night. One had 90 points, another had 45. I am also removing the other high paced game of giving up 92 and scoring 83 at Iowa, since those games on both metrics are NOT typical.

In the 14 other B1G games or 6 out of 7 likely games, these are the actual numbers.

Prior to Mag playing a full game in both halves, RU had 9 games where I count the regulation PPG (metrics don't include OT stats).

63 Indiana
66 OSU
65 Purdue
64 Maryland
65 Iowa
65 NW
57 OSU (before Overtime)
57 MSU
65 PSU

Those NINE B1G games (not a small sample size), RU averaged in regulation time 63.00 PPG.

In the last 5 games (if I exclude last night's debacle) here are the other FIVE complete games where Mag didn't play a full game or both halves.

MSU 61
IND 60
ILL 60
NEB 72
WISC 58

In these FIVE full games without Mag, RU has averaged 62.2 PPG

To recap in 14 out of 17 B1G games that I consider the "normal B1G game", RU averages 63.00 with Mag and 62.20 without Mag.

Now, if you want to say RUs defense is drastically worse in the 5 games, I could definitely agree, but it's more of who RU has played more than anything else.

I could argue that at Indiana, at Illinois and at Wisconsin are legitimate road games against 2 NCAA locks and Wisconsin probably landing on the wrong side of the bubble in the NIT. Add in Michigan and an improving Nebraska team and its who you play more than anything else.

To recap.....17 B1G games and the PPG offense is less than 1 Point difference game in 14 of those games. 14 out of 17 is a very high indicator of something, instead of including 8 Quad 4 home games etc.

This is tossing the L to you my friend.
If you're removing Mag played outliers than you need to remove the Nebraska without Mag outlier

You're clearly trying manipulate stats in a desperate attempt to save face

Yeah it was a bad year. Don’t really pay enough attention anymore. Hope RU football team can do better next year.

Will Pedo St. be another WTF game?

Yeah it was a bad year. Don’t really pay enough attention anymore. Hope RU football team can do better next year.

Will Pedo St. be another WTF game?
Why are you asking? Your gut feelings are supposedly worth something. Give us the correct moneyline for the game scamp

I don't base my viewpoint on one game. If you shoot 5 of 16 from the FT and you don't get anything consistent from your PG, there's nothing that you can do about offense.

RU is a more dangerous offense & I am not saying or never stated RU would be better off without Mag. I am not going to make excuses for losses because a player that is the 5th offensive option is out for the year.

The defense, holding Michigan to 26 in the 1st half, has nothing to do with Mag not being there. The defense was more than enough with Michigan down their best offensive shooter.

I also think that Michigan, Illinois, Indiana on paper have better players....and RU has to make better decisions with the ball.

If fans want to cling to 2 turnovers by Reiber as Cliffs backup as if Mag would have been assigned to cover Hunter Dickinson, good luck with that.

If Mulcahy gets pick pocketed at mid court, I guess that's because we lost Mag as well.

Hyatt didn't draw iron on any of his 3 shots in the 1st half. That's not going to win games, he played his worse game in a while.

We have to consider the 25 minutes Palmquist played....is Mag better....?? Of course he is, but that doesn't explain the collective misses from the line, that should have had RU up by 4 to 5 points, instead of down 3.

I don't think the season ended like many meltdown artists do....it was very ugly, but the point of the post, covers that the teams like Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and deeper teams benches, over more games played, are likely to improve vs not.

RU doesn't have a chance if Mulcahy isn't playing clean and crisp at PG and it doesn't hit FTs.

I'm not off the bandwagon, but if some fans are, I get it. I don't blink off of one game, onto PSU, Minnesota and NW.
Mag was VERY efficient on offense. We definitely not as good with out him. That’s a fact.

Reactions: RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT