ADVERTISEMENT

RU +1.5 Vs Penn In Elite 8

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I see this moving to a pick em. We were favored by 2.5 over Harvard and smoked them. I have the other 3 favorites covering (Princeton, Maryland, and Cornell).

• Angry
Reactions: ridge488037
Certainly a very winnable game. But we have to bring our A game or we will lose

How we defend that big boy they have coming out of the box is going to be interesting.

Rall is a ball of knives. Do you you sic him on him? He cannot allow him to come roaring out of the box coming down hill. Get into his gloves early.

Or

Do you go completely off script and let Boswell match up with him? He's almost the same size and that dude is fleet of foot for that size, as is Handley. That dude looks like a wild horse coming out of the box. Boswell is comfortable playing LSM. You could move Rall to close. Definitely out of the box.

We'd lose some transition so I don't expect to see that. How we defend Handley is going to be the most interesting storyline on this game.

They go how he goes. If we can limit him to getting a couple but not having to slide a much to him as other teams, it's going to go a long way in winning this game. The kid is a best. No question about it. He's also the engine that makes them go. They have some other nice pieces that can hurt you but nothing we haven't seen before. Make that kid the one dimensional focal point and I like our chances.

And faceoffs. Dugenio got better when it mattered most last year. We get another performance like that? Well...

How we defend that big boy they have coming out of the box is going to be interesting.

Rall is a ball of knives. Do you you sic him on him? He cannot allow him to come roaring out of the box coming down hill. Get into his gloves early.

Or

Do you go completely off script and let Boswell match up with him? He's almost the same size and that dude is fleet of foot for that size, as is Handley. That dude looks like a wild horse coming out of the box. Boswell is comfortable playing LSM. You could move Rall to close. Definitely out of the box.

We'd lose some transition so I don't expect to see that. How we defend Handley is going to be the most interesting storyline on this game.

They go how he goes. If we can limit him to getting a couple but not having to slide a much to him as other teams, it's going to go a long way in winning this game. The kid is a best. No question about it. He's also the engine that makes them go. They have some other nice pieces that can hurt you but nothing we haven't seen before. Make that kid the one dimensional focal point and I like our chances.

And faceoffs. Dugenio got better when it mattered most last year. We get another performance like that? Well...
Here’s another out of the box thought — what if you put Coyne on his hip, lock him off and play 5 v 5? Coyne is not as big, but he is strong as hell and at least as quick or quicker than Handley.

Their entire offense flows through him. He leads the team in assists as a middie and is their second leading goal scorer. #40 is their other big threat but he mainly looks to create his own shot, which we can handle or he is a finisher, usually being fed by Handley.

They lean on him every time they need a big play. He either looks to shoot off the dodge or draw the double and is an elite feeder. I bet they would get rattled if he were denied the ball most of the game. I don’t really see anyone else that can quarterback that offense. When #40 initiates he is looking to score. No one else particularly stands out.

Reactions: Caliknight

There were no Wierman or Sisslebergers in the Ivies this year. Dartmouth's FOGO was 1st team all Ivy. He destroyed the Stony Brook guy who Dugenio had trouble with but got dominated by the Ohio St guy who Dugenio dominated.

Match-up and who get hot once again.

I think you have to change the match up. The reason he comes running out of the box is so that they can create the matchup they want. If Penn really wants to mess with us they can change at the midfield line and have the offense I’ve played step over on the other side of the field which would cause Hamdley to be down hill and alone. I like the idea of playing Boswell against him. You can afford to shut him with a pole as well so maybe put an athletic guy like Rall or Reynolds on him and shut him and just play 5v5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT