ADVERTISEMENT

RU 18th in Retention Rankings

S.W.A.I.N

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Most of the roster would be headed to schools like Norfolk State, Bowling Green, and UNC Greensboro if entered the portal. Why would they leave

Pikiell must be an incredible coach to get a roster of Bowling Green, Norfolk State, and UNCG players to the tournament.
He is a really good coach. Those Uncg, Norfolk, Bowling Greens players - are the ones that we will see this yr. Im intrigued to see how this plays out

Reactions: MiloTalon13
And the rest of the returning guys who would be headed to the Atlantic Sun conference - if they decided to transfer
I think plenty of B1G and ACC schools would take Reiber and Hyatt.
We shall see how Spencer performs at this level

We have some fans who could transfer and cheer D3 schools. They would reject them.

Foot In Mouth GIF

Offers,

Caleb- WVU, Wichita St, A10, MAC offers
Paul- BC, UConn, Fla, G.Tech, Marq, NW, SHU, V.Tech, Xavier, UMass, URI, SMU, Temple
Cliff- 20 P6 Offers

Both Paul and Cliff had their choice of high major P6 schools.

Cam Spencer- 5 P6, 6 A10 schools from the portal
AHyatt- 15 P6 Offers, 10 N6 offers out of HS
*Oskar- WKU
*Mag- CSFullerton, Depaul
Dean- PSU, MAC, Southern, CUSA, Colonial offers
Jalen- Akron, Bryant, Iona, UNCG, URI, Towson, Wichita St
Derek- Ariz St., A10, Colonial
*Antwone- CSBakersfield, Cleveland St

Oskar played in the US for maybe a year or so, Mag was playing behind a lot of 4 and 5⭐ guys at Prolific Prep, Antwone didn't fully commit to basketball until a year ago. Dean, Jalen and Derek weren't big on year round AAU ball, doesn't mean they can't play, just not scouted enough.

That's how you program build, you have 2 or 3 main scorers/shooters each year, you develop the rest to become scorers by their Jr and Senior years. That's what builds longevity in a program.

Last edited:
Besides Cliff, Paul, Caleb - which returning player would get offers from anything other than low majors?
Maybe scroll above to Scarlet Blind's post. Only recruit with only low major offers was Woolfolk. Looking at his tape, he looks like a P6 guy to me.

Eugene Omoruyi and Baker only had low major offers. Eugene is in the NBA.

Besides Cliff, Paul, Caleb - which returning player would get offers from anything other than low majors?
so what is your point - pike is the best coach in the land?

Would take a genius coach to take a bunch of low mid major kids and finish 4th in the big 10.

cause if you’re right about the talent level that’s the only logical conclusion one can make about pikes coaching ability

Last edited:
And the rest of the returning guys who would be headed to the Atlantic Sun conference - if they decided to transfer

Easy to criticize from behind a keyboard. Much harder to be a successful B10 coach. Cliff is a beast, Gavin is a blue chip recruit. McConnell was a scrawny “Atlantic Sun” kid no one really wanted. Cliff, Caleb, Paul, Hyatt, Spencer, Dean Is a nice core. Miller will continue to be that annoying gnat defensive guy. We’ll see what Woofolk and Palmquist do.

Pike deserves after what he’s done for RU BB to show us what the team can do before we use our internet muscles and bash him.

Easy to criticize from behind a keyboard. Much harder to be a successful B10 coach. Cliff is a beast, Gavin is a blue chip recruit. McConnell was a scrawny “Atlantic Sun” kid no one really wanted. Cliff, Caleb, Paul, Hyatt, Spencer, Dean Is a nice core. Miller will continue to be that annoying gnat defensive guy. We’ll see what Woofolk and Palmquist do.

Pike deserves after what he’s done for RU BB to show us what the team can do before we use our internet muscles and bash him.

I also love his lack of reply to my comment and question.

He wants to criticize Pike by criticizing the talent level. but if what he says is true (that he recruits low mid major talent) then he is saying that Pike is an X/O genius (took a bunch of low mid major hacks to the NCAA/ finishing FOURTH IN THE BIG TEN). He cant have it both ways. Knows he is full of crap. Thus, avoids responding. typical troll behavior

Last edited:
I also love his lack of reply to my comment and question.

He wants to criticize Pike by criticizing the talent level. but if what he says is true (that he recruits low mid major talent) then he is saying that Pike is an X/O genius (took a bunch of low mid major hacks to the NCAA/ finishing FOURTH IN THE BIG TEN). He cant have it both ways. Knows he is full of crap. Thus, avoids responding. typical troll behavior
Lol why reply to something that I just answered - earlier in the thread. I said Pike is a great coach. But also what I said is still true. The only 3 returning players that would have high major interest - are Cliff, Caleb, Paul. The rest wouldn't even get acknowledged (maybe Hyatt) if they entered the portal. If Pike gets this team to the tournament bubble, then he legit might be a top 5 coach in the country

Man yall talking crazy. I'm ready to lace em up now. Only problem is, if I twist an ankle, I'll be on crutches for a month. Them injuries don't heal as fast - once you hit mid 30's and up

Lol why reply to something that I just answered - earlier in the thread. I said Pike is a great coach. But also what I said is still true. The only 3 returning players that would have high major interest - are Cliff, Caleb, Paul. The rest wouldn't even get acknowledged (maybe Hyatt) if they entered the portal. If Pike gets this team to the tournament bubble, then he legit might be a top 5 coach in the country

• PAUL MULCAHY – youre wrong no explanation needed.
  • AUNDRE HYATT– youre wrong no explanation needed.
  • CLIFFORD OMORUYI – youre wrong no explanation needed.
  • CALEB MCCONNELL – youre wrong no explanation needed.
  • DEAN REIBER– youre wrong. At a minimum he would get offers above LOW mid major (if not HIGH MAJORS). big kid, shown flashes, big kid who developed on the defensive end pretty well, showed ability to be solid back up, ability to shoot, etc.. if he transferred you are totally wrong on the nature of the schools interested. totally wrong. He would be sought after at high levels. MANY good mid majors and some high major teams wouldve wanted him (WAAAAY better than the likes of Maryland Eastern Shore). If he had transferred wouldnt have shocked me in the least if the likes of NW or BC would have wanted him.
  • MAWOT MAG – based on potential I think he would have suitors beyond low mid major. due to injuries he has been stunted. If healthy this year I think he proves you wrong. If he tried to transfer after last season I think youre right that a lot of low mid majors would have reached out but based on his potential it would not have surprised me one bit if a few better schools reached out to him.
I think youre right about maybe TWO players (TWO):
  • OSKAR PALMQUIST – as of now, perhaps you’re right that only options would be low mid major
  • JALEN MILLER – as of now, perhaps you’re right that only options would be low mid major. but would not have been totally shocked if a better mid major team or two sought him.
Also...
  • CAM SPENCER – not “returning” to RU but is a “returning” player – well obviously youre wrong (he just transferred to a high major)

so youre right about maybe TWO returning players. TWO. but show me any high major program like Rutgers that doesnt have a few kids that might be more suited at a lower level. happens every day where a kid transfers down from a high major program. happens at the best of programs.

so what again was your point?

Last edited:
Really.. who peed in your cornflakes? Way to go, sunshine.

If you had taken another critical angle.. like the reutrners couldn't win a game in the NCAAs... maybe you'd have a defensible point.. but you went way too far and directly attacked the players. Too much, dude.

Really.. who peed in your cornflakes? Way to go, sunshine.

If you had taken another critical angle.. like the reutrners couldn't win a game in the NCAAs... maybe you'd have a defensible point.. but you went way too far and directly attacked the players. Too much, dude.
Not just “too much” it’s simply a really bad take. He’s just plain wrong

Reactions: Scarlet83
Here's a good picture for heights, looks like Antwone Woolfork is slightly taller than Dean Reiber and Mawot Mag. Aundre Hyatt is all the way at the end to the right and Oskar in the back 2nd to the left of Mag, Woolfork, Reiber.

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT