ADVERTISEMENT

RU 2.5 over the Eagles

Going to be a very tough game. I don't like we have an unproven field goal game. In a game like this could mean a difference between W or L.

Going to be a very tough game. I don't like we have an unproven field goal game. In a game like this could mean a difference between W or L.

Definitely have a concern with FG kicking. Really needed that 44 yarder on Friday. There has to be someone who's consistent from 40-45.

This game has scared the crap out of me from the day the schedule was released primarily because it's coming immediately after the Washington game. I wish it had been scheduled for after the Morgan State game.

As others have mentioned, it will be hard for Rutgers to play with the same intensity that they did vs Washington. This is a classic let-down situation. It's just human nature. Couple that with the fact the E. Michigan is much better than the average fan (or college football player) realizes and you have the makings of a potential stomach churning 60 minutes of football.

Hopefully, the coaches will harp all week on the fact that Rutgers only won 2 games last year and, therefore, can not take ANYONE lightly. If Ash can get Rutgers to play against E. Michigan the way it did against Washington, they'll win by 20 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
Dark cloud thread contribution: Please, no redux of 2012 Kent State at Rutgers game. Rutgers 7 TOs. Speedy Dri Archer in Kent State backfield. Expected win never happened.

That KSU team in 2012 was very good. Undefeated in their division and lost only once during the regular season (Kentucky).
EMU 2017 is not KSU 2012. I hear what you're saying but I'm still saying we win by 10-17.

Reactions: FlyEMUEagles
If this game scares you, you're just a naturally scared person.

If this game just worries you then, you're just a worried person.

This team is ok for a team that's on a level below us. Rutgers isn't bad, the teams we play are just good most of the time... this isn't one of them, enjoy the game... expect to win by a lot.

Don't forget Juwan Harris should be playing too. I think RU will be motivated by the way they played vs. UW no let-down for a team that hasn't won on 10 occasions.

teams that have lost ten in a row have no right to be overconfident about any game they play. I think the influx of grad seniors from other programs will keep this team hungry and focused. I hate to sound like Flood but RU needs to focus on one at a time. Go 1/0 each week. Lots of young players need reps, new players need to get used to each other. No days or games off for this group. Focus and get better each day. There is room for much improvement and enough good talent to actually improve.

RU is going to come out FIRED UP, and their good QB will be under intense pressure all game. I, too, expect our O line to dominate as well.

Hard for RU to be a bigger favorite when we just don't score many points. It'd be hard to believe we can score any more than 28 pts. in a given game (1 TD per Q.) other than Morgan St. Even if our running game is working well and Grant has a big KR/PR, I still don't see us scoring more than 24 or so.

I'll go RU 24- EMU 21

Our fans seem a bit overconfident. I would not be ssurprised to see a tough close game next week and a drop in RU's level from last week. Football is a funny game. What you see one week often does not translate the following week.the program is no position to take anyone lightly and annex wins

If we lose to Eastern Michigan at home it's going to be another long , long season on the Banks. Maybe 2 wins .
I don't see losing possibly happening unless the Offense has multiple turnovers ( Interceptions) and the Defense looks nothing like it did on Friday night . Look for RU to win by at least 13 points. F the Experts.

If we lose to Eastern Michigan at home it's going to be another long , long season on the Banks. Maybe 2 wins .
I don't see losing possibly happening unless the Offense has multiple turnovers ( Interceptions) and the Defense looks nothing like it did on Friday night . Look for RU to win by at least 13 points. F the Experts.

Expect a very heavy dose of ground and pound , and some shots downfield to keep them honest. RU's advantage is with both the O & D lines .

Reactions: sct1111
They were good last year.

Ummmmm......the one P5 team that Eastern Michigan played last year ( Missouri) they lost by 40 points. Missouri only won 4 games last year !!!!
Also lost at home to Toledo ( double digit loss) and Northern Illinois . Did have impressive wins vs. Ohio and Bowling Green.

RU should dominate, I mean DOMINATE both lines of Scrimmage.
We win by 13points at a minimum.

Fair. Potential sucker bet with Vegas begging people to take RU.
I am not a bettor and ask those who are - what is this "sucker bet" concept? Why would an oddsmaker skew the odds to force action in one direction? Isn't the objective to have the money come in evenly on both sides?

I am not a bettor and ask those who are - what is this "sucker bet" concept? Why would an oddsmaker skew the odds to force action in one direction? Isn't the objective to have the money come in evenly on both sides?
Sometimes Vegas is smarter than everyone. They'll bait bettors in to one side of the betting confident that they are smarter than the public at large.

Expect a very heavy dose of ground and pound , and some shots downfield to keep them honest. RU's advantage is with both the O & D lines .
Completely agree. Expect us to dominate time of possession. Our D will be well rested. We are so deep at RB. These are the type of games we use that to our advantage.

I don't think they score more than 10 points if that. RU 27-10.

Then there is this...

Division I College Football Winning/Losing Streaks
Through games played on Saturday, 2 Sep 2017
Football Bowl Subdivision
Conference Winning Streaks Wins Losing Streaks Losses
American South Florida 7 East Carolina 5
MAC C. Mich., Toledo, E. Mich., Ohio 1 Ball State 6
SEC Miss. State, LSU 3 Texas A&M 2
ACC Miami (Fla.), Clemson 6 North Carolina 3
Big 10 + 4 Northwestern 3 Rutgers 10
Big XII – II Oklahoma 11 Texas 4
Pac12 Southern Cal 10 UCLA 2
MWC Air Force 7 Utah State 6
CUSA W. Kentucky 9 Charlotte 4
SBC Coastal Carolina 8 UL-Monroe, New Mexico St. 3
Independents Army 4 Massachusetts 4

Line has already jumped to 5.5, that's a ton of movement in less than 24 hours, 12 hours considering most books don't put out the upcoming weeks lines until Monday morning.

This thing shoots to -7.5 by kick imo.

This line was egregiously off

re: FG game I would like to see:

- Harte get a shot early. If he nails it, great, if not..

- then give the kid a shot next FG opportunity. Can't hurt.

That being said hopefully Harte nails ALL his opportunities this Saturday!

We don't get humiliated and all of a sudden we should cruise by 20-plus points?

There is no way we come out strong this week. It's not human nature. Opening night, national TV, top 10 foe, you are sky-high. And now Eastern Michigan? Not so much.

Expect lackluster early and better as we go along. If we limit mistakes we should be in control even if the game isn't technically out of reach for them until late.

But why do some of you still care about point spreads and "respect," which, after all, has ZERO to do with the line? Get over it already.

I've seen a good Rutgers team lose to Navy, Kent State and New Hampshire. While I think Rutgers will win, I don't think it's automatic. EMU isn't going to come here and roll over. I am not on Al's level yet that the rebuild is over and we're back. Purdue is probably saying the same thing after almost taking down #16 Louisville.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Dark cloud thread contribution: Please, no redux of 2012 Kent State at Rutgers game. Rutgers 7 TOs. Speedy Dri Archer in Kent State backfield. Expected win never happened.

That was a good Rutgers team too. But that was a Flood team right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT