ADVERTISEMENT

RU at SHU probable date

PLEASE no Noon or 1:00 start. Late Saturday afternoon would be perfect and allow folks with children’s activities to get to the game and bring their kids. Also, Rutgers fans from around the state can get their easier with a non-Noon start.

Reactions: MV9000
PLEASE no Noon or 1:00 start. Late Saturday afternoon would be perfect and allow folks with children’s activities to get to the game and bring their kids. Also, Rutgers fans from around the state can get their easier with a non-Noon start.

December 13 is a Sunday

Hopefully Carino is right, Dec 12, and Rothstein is wrong.

My connection who used to be pretty high up in security at The Rock is no longer there, otherwise I'd be able to find out.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

There are probably twice as many RU alums in North Jersey and NYC than SHU alums in those areas.

If a vaccine or proven treatment is available prior, no reason why RU can't bring over 5k fans

Sure, if the lower level sells out a few months in advance.

They opened up the 2nd and 3rd levels around 6 times last season.

Without CV, this game would definitely get 15k+

Now, who knows
They don't want to open up the upper level because they know which fan base would buy the majority of those extra tickets. Obviously, it would be a bad look to have a lot of RU fans in their arena. It would also be a bad look to have the upper level closed off during a nationally televised game against a top 25 team on a Saturday. Instead, they'll play on a Sunday when the Jets and Giants are on the major channels. The game will be on FS1 in front of a crowd just over 10k. What a shame.

Reactions: soundcrib
They don't want to open up the upper level because they know which fan base would buy the majority of those extra tickets. Obviously, it would be a bad look to have a lot of RU fans in their arena. It would also be a bad look to have the upper level closed off during a nationally televised game against a top 25 team on a Saturday. Instead, they'll play on a Sunday when the Jets and Giants are on the major channels. The game will be on FS1 in front of a crowd just over 10k. What a shame.

I don't know about that assumption

The 2nd and 3rd levels were opened vs local rivals SJU and Nova, and neither opponent fan base took the building over. Vs Nova, it was around 85% SHU fans in a crowd close to 17k

SHU will definitely open up the upper levels vs RU, their athletic dept definitely could use the financial bump ( as will every school considering what's going on)

I could really see a Sea of Red in many sections if a vaccine or proven treatment for CV is already in place.

Seton Hall doesn’t have much say on dates and times for games. Devils, concerts, events come first.

Seton Hall doesn’t have much say on dates and times for games. Devils, concerts, events come first.
There are no concerts or events scheduled after October yet. And the NHL doesn't release their schedule until June. Given the circumstances, their schedule release for 2020-21 will take place even later than that. But this game seems to already have a date. Huh.

The 2nd and 3rd levels were opened vs local rivals SJU and Nova, and neither opponent fan base took the building over. Vs Nova, it was around 85% SHU fans in a crowd close to 17k

SHU will definitely open up the upper levels vs RU, their athletic dept definitely could use the financial bump ( as will every school considering what's going on)

I could really see a Sea of Red in many sections if a vaccine or proven treatment for CV is already in place.
That's exactly why they open the extra levels up for other opponents. The small private colleges only bring so many fans. The school knows more Hall fans will be in those seats. With a large local school like RU, it's a different story.

Reactions: soundcrib
That's exactly why they open the extra levels up for other opponents. The small private colleges only bring so many fans. The school knows more Hall fans will be in those seats. With a large local school like RU, it's a different story.

I agree that RU brings way more fans than SJU can ever do.

But Nova has a very large following, although mostly a little south of RU.

SHUs new AD, Felt, is very business savy

He will open up the joint if the lower level is mostly sold by early October, IMO

I agree that RU brings way more fans than SJU can ever do.

But Nova has a very large following, although mostly a little south of RU.

SHUs new AD, Felt, is very business savy

He will open up the joint if the lower level is mostly sold by early October, IMO
I'm not so sure. I think after what RU did with allowing season ticket holders to buy additional tickets before the general public could, he'll want to pay back the favor by keeping the upper level closed and shutting out additional RU fans this year.

Reactions: Vegas pj
Just a heads up to the couple of posters mentioning the possibility of a vaccine in place before this game. There is a zero percent chance of a vaccine ready for the public before the summer of 2021.

Seton Hall fans on their site have already stated that they don't want the upper tier opened. Many are upset that RU sold tickets to our football fans etc. before the tickets went to the general public. I can understand their being upset but they could make a lot more money. We will see how it turns out. If it is a Sunday game as they think Rothstein is probably correct the game will be up against the NFL. SHU just added Aikens and if they should get Sanogo the game just might be a very special game.

Last edited:
Seton Hall fans on their site have already stated that they don't want the upper tier opened. Many are upset that RU sold tickets to our football fans etc. before the tickets went to the general public. I can understand their being upset but they could make a lot more money. We will see how it turns out. If it is a Sunday game as they think Rothstein is probably correct the game will be up against the NFL. SHU just added Atkins and if they should get Sanogo the game just might be a very special game.

the advantage we have is that we can hopefully sell out every seat at the RAC with RU fans, except for those that are required to be set aside for the visiting Hall team.... our manuvering was very good in that respect this year.

at Seton Hall, if the opening of the upper decks is not under their control, then they probably can't stop RU fans from buying tickets to the upper decks if the arena senses they can sell a lot of tickets

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Seton Hall fans on their site have already stated that they don't want the upper tier opened. Many are upset that RU sold tickets to our football fans etc. before the tickets went to the general public. I can understand their being upset but they could make a lot more money. We will see how it turns out. If it is a Sunday game as they think Rothstein is probably correct the game will be up against the NFL. SHU just added Atkins and if they should get Sanogo the game just might be a very special game.

Aikens

Felt will do what's best for SHU and it's Athletics Dept

Not for what's popular on PirateCrew

It will simply be a supply and demand decision for Felt (who makes the call, not Prudential Center)

If the lower bowl is close to sold out (10,500) by mid-October, he will open up the 100 level.

Last two times we played at the Rock there was a really solid RU showing. Way more red in the stands than there is blue when played at the RAC. That is probably because the Rock is bigger venue and RU is the bigger fan base, but if that upper deck gets opened up .. RU is going to have a rather significant presence there. Could easily get up to as high as 1/3 of fans. All depends on if SHU reloads and maintains the excitement amongst their fan base, which I think they will coming off this season.

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Who makes the decision about whether to open the upper deck?

When you don't control the arena and have to pay rent to the Prudential Center, you get no choice on when you can schedule games......I'm sure it was a choice of having a NJ Devils home game on a Saturday or Seton Hall on a Saturday.....guess who's going to have preference on dates being prioritized and having the chance to not go up against the NFL on a Sunday....??? Instead we are now playing for bragging rights up against a potential NFL home game around the same time of day??

And rest assured, they're going to try and jack up the prices for the upper deck and the RU fans.

When you don't control the arena and have to pay rent to the Prudential Center, you get no choice on when you can schedule games......I'm sure it was a choice of having a NJ Devils home game on a Saturday or Seton Hall on a Saturday.....guess who's going to have preference on dates being prioritized and having the chance to not go up against the NFL on a Sunday....??? Instead we are now playing for bragging rights up against a potential NFL home game around the same time of day??
And rest assured, they're going to try and jack up the prices for the upper deck and the RU fans.
On the bright side, the RU loss won't be widely reported on NJ.com

Seton Hall fans on their site have already stated that they don't want the upper tier opened. Many are upset that RU sold tickets to our football fans etc. before the tickets went to the general public. I can understand their being upset but they could make a lot more money. We will see how it turns out. If it is a Sunday game as they think Rothstein is probably correct the game will be up against the NFL. SHU just added Aikens and if they should get Sanogo the game just might be a very special game.

FSHU why should anyone care that a few posters from a delusional fan base of a mostly irrelevant school is upset that Rutgers took steps to sell tickets to a home game to their own fans. Seriously it’s a stupid take to say “I understand their being upset.” SMH

Reactions: rubigtimenow
BIGRnj, What are you all bent out of shape about? If SHU sold all their tickets at the PRU Center to season tickets and only a handful of RU fans could get tickets we wouldn't be happy either. This is supposed to be a board where we can just express our opinions and that is all I have done. Don't have a hairy canary over it.

Reactions: Vegas pj
On the bright side, the RU loss won't be widely reported on NJ.com

At least Vegas PJ is original and creative, the only complaint I keep seeing is how unfair it was for RU to try and market ticket sales to RU alumni and football or other ticket holders before a normal release of remaining tickets to the general public.....as if it's a SHU fans right or privilege to be 1st in line after season ticket holders....

Just be lucky it wasn't released to SHU fans for the RAC early, at 18-0 RU to start the game, a lot of those seats would have went unused for the bulk of the game....we saved those in Blue and White wanting to get into the RAC, hundreds of dollars that day.....and you haven't even said thank you, even months later.....0__0

There are no concerts or events scheduled after October yet. And the NHL doesn't release their schedule until June. Given the circumstances, their schedule release for 2020-21 will take place even later than that. But this game seems to already have a date. Huh.

Dates get blocked off months before something gets announced publicly. Just because nothing is on the calendar publicly for December doesn't mean the arena is open for all dates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT