ADVERTISEMENT

RU has a #1 receiver!

OSU, Minnesota, and Marlyand seem to be the dominant B1G teams at this position, each with multiple picks (3 or more) on that list, while a few teams have none.

There was a brief mention in one of the earlier WR stories out of camp about trying incoming freshman Ian Strong (ranked as a top safety/DB in NY) at WR. Anyone know how that's going? We had a little bit of good luck with a previous DB recruit who converted to WR. Link: Ian Strong

IF he can consistently beat man press it will be massive for us. This will take a safety out of the box.

If he can be a true #1 and we can go VK and JL with Chris long on the other side I could be very very excited for our offensive sets.

NM LT LG C RG RT VK CL
JL
SB GW

35 B1G WRS ranked and he is the only RU player mentioned. Good news with respect to him, but somebody else, perhaps an incoming freshman or spring portal transfer is going to have to step up.

Hopefully he can be a legit #1 WR in the B1G. Maybe Rochelle will emerge as a slot WR and maybe incoming fresh WR Toure can contribute , I’ve read some positive things about Toure. It would be nice to actually have a B1G level WR corps.

LOL...RU has Brantley and Chris Long as really the only options with some game experience. He was either going to be WR1 or WR2 WR by default.

Reactions: RUskoolie
35 B1G WRS ranked and he is the only RU player mentioned. Good news with respect to him, but somebody else, perhaps an incoming freshman or spring portal transfer is going to have to step up.
Another example of the poor recruiting results by Greg 2.0. The only WR we have ranked in the Top 35 is a transfer from an FCS program. The Recruitment on Offense has been a disaster under the HC.
Hopefully the D can carry us this season.

Another example of the poor recruiting results by Greg 2.0. The only WR we have ranked in the Top 35 is a transfer from an FCS program. The Recruitment on Offense has been a disaster under the HC.
Hopefully the D can carry us this season.
Chris Long will be a good WR at RU however, he was sent to DB as a true freshman due need when RU had a bunch of veteran WRs. If you recall it took him a bit last season to adjust back to WR.

However, what's not explainable is knowing this year would be a fairly young group; why did Greg send Carnell Davis and Fitzroy Ledgister to DB only to switch them back again immediately after the season. Whole season of coaching and training lost.

Roster management is just as questionable as the some of the position recruiting.

Reactions: RU#1fan
This
Greg is obviously more concerned about bolstering (and stockpiling) the Defense at the expense of the Offense.
In the end the Recruiting must do a 180 or we cut bait.

Ah, I see one of our Schiano Haters is in full voice.

I'm going to wait until he plays in our opening game against Northwestern before making any kinds of claims about whether he'll pan out.

I can't put much credence into this play because they were down 62-3 to Minnesota with 4 minutes and change to play. I doubt Minnesota had their first or even their second string players in at that point.

Reactions: RUskoolie
LOL...RU has Brantley and Chris Long as really the only options with some game experience. He was either going to be WR1 or WR2 WR by default.

Wrong. Schiano gave Isaiah Washington major kudos today, saying he was the most consistent in the WR room. They also had him micd up on Instagram. I have him penciled in as WR1.

• Haha
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Wrong. Schiano gave Isaiah Washington major kudos today, saying he was the most consistent in the WR room. They also had him micd up on Instagram. I have him penciled in as WR1.
Your ability to analyze WRs, make that any position, had always been suspect to put it nicely.

Do we need to revisit Stanley King was going to be an AA WR or basically everything you wrote about how our offense would be improved last year?

al is clearly like a stopped clock.. in that, at some point he will be right about something and crow about it but it means nothing.

but I wonder about all teh actual hopeful signs he has missed through the years to go with the one he happened to catch.. while also missing every negative sign to worry about.. to temper expectations.. which clearly there have been more of in the last decade or so.

Your ability to analyze WRs, make that any position, had always been suspect to put it nicely.

Let's not forget his ability to judge players' builds by their headshots!

Do we need to revisit Stanley King was going to be an AA WR or basically everything you wrote about how our offense would be improved last year?

Oh, stop! Stanley King has won multiple Heisman awards as al foretold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT