ADVERTISEMENT

RU Lax Roster For Next Season

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know it's a bit early to start thinking about next season, especially in the midst of a push for May Madness, but what will RU's roster look like next year? I think the biggest losses will be Rexrode, Heningburg and Edelmann. Who will be goalie next year? Offense I'm not overly concerned about with Mullins, Coyne and Adam C back (and I wouldn't even play him until game week of opening week next year). D will definitely lose a step or two and replacing Edelmann will be a challenge. Hoping we are reloading next year and not rebuilding.

We have young talent, but it's young. Hopefully, AC makes it back 100% and stays healthy. His skill set is so unique. The lacrosse world missed seeing him and Jules together. Can only imagine where they'd be right now with two years of good health. Scary.

I know one of the young goalies has been turning heads. Edlemann is great. Those will be big shoes to fill. There is no experience like experience. We have young talent in the wings. But it's young. It will have to grow up quick.

The best part is the 14 seniors there now are leaving a legacy. These young guys know what it takes, and what is expected of them. That's been made clear.

He is a big loss too. They are all equal. The best players at every position are graduating. But that is college sports. That's why you recruit. And part of the fun of following a team. Rex, Jules, Mazzone, have all grown into men in front of our very eyes, and developed into great players. Much better now than when they arrived. The way it is supposed to be.

They've set the bar. Now the younger guys are expected to reach and even exceed it.

So I guess AC can apply for a sixth year and play two more seasons?

Last edited:
I love the young weapons they have on the team, and coming on to the team, but they have big shoes to fill.

Reactions: Caliknight
They definitely do. It’s great they are getting mentorship from these Seniors. They know their legacy is on the field and that which they leave behind. Clear standards and expectations have been set and communicated.

Reactions: gef21
The plan is for him to play at RU next season. Beyond that, I don't really know. Never asked.

He looks good. Feels like lax fans were cheated without seeing him and Jules together.

Reactions: RUMountie
The plan is for him to play at RU next season. Beyond that, I don't really know. Never asked.

He looks good. Feels like lax fans were cheated without seeing him and Jules together.
RU would be NCAA champions ...

Our attack would definitely be other worldly. Mullins and Jules pressing from either side seemingly with AC's ability to finish, which is absolutely top level, and it would be amazing.

Think about how good our recruiting is getting. Connor V. comes in, as essentially our 5th attackman, and puts up 5 points the day his number is called.

These kids can play. Shows you how far off these lacrosse rankings are. Outiside of handful of can't miss kids, it's like the wild west out there. Brian and staff have a great eye for talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT