ADVERTISEMENT

RU Might Be The Only School In The Nation...

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That has had:

• A ranked womens soccer team
  • A ranked field hockey team
  • A ranked womens basketball team
  • A ranked wrestling team with 2 NC wrestlers
  • A ranked men's lax team
  • And most likely a ranked women's crew team.
Olympic sports are starting to flourish in the B1G. Other sports like swimming, men's track and golf are making moves as well. I'm really interested to see how men's soccer does with their new coach and I bet baseball/women's lax makes forward progress after they get new coaches.

Not to rain on your parade but as a men's track alum, I'm not sure I see the moves you are referring to. Women's soccer finished 35th, is that considered ranked? Was women's basketball ranked? You can probably put Penn State in all of those categories listed.
To be fair they didn't FINISH ranked. They were however ranked at least once this season. PSU doesn't have crew and their women's basketball team stinks.

That has had:

• A ranked womens soccer team
  • A ranked field hockey team
  • A ranked womens basketball team
  • A ranked wrestling team with 2 NC wrestlers
  • A ranked men's lax team
  • And most likely a ranked women's crew team.
Olympic sports are starting to flourish in the B1G. Other sports like swimming, men's track and golf are making moves as well. I'm really interested to see how men's soccer does with their new coach and I bet baseball/women's lax makes forward progress after they get new coaches.

Olympic sports are really where we can make hay. Football in our league is a much more daunting task. Sports like lacrosse are much closer

Football can become a regular bowl participant in the B1G. Middle of the conference is definitely attainable. Just need the right head coach.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Football can become a regular bowl participant in the B1G. Middle of the conference is definitely attainable. Just need the right head coach.
I think at full B1G strength RU can be the East Coast equivalent of NW in athletics. Middle of the pack in football and hoops, elite in almost every Olympic sport.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT