ADVERTISEMENT

RU-Minny game thread

Agree...problem is our bigs are not scorers..big girl got away with everything...not over yet 64-58...need to keep making foul shots

Down to 3..but huge pass to Copper seals it...wow...66-61 final...they survived a very hard fought game against an extremely well coached team

Great game great win tied for 4th in Big

Defense was outstanding. and they played their hearts out

Note: Still cant understand why why why after three years Hollivay still gets dumb, unnecessary fouls. Still playing defense with her arms and not her feet. Its like her feet are in cement.

Great win against a quality opponent and a unstoppable center who scored 36 points.Scaife scored 28 points most of which happened in the first half.Laney and Copper also scored in double digits but the rest of the team were basically not scorers except for some end game foul shots.
This post was edited on 1/26 7:41 AM by RU-JMM78

Super important win against a good team who played their A game. Minnesota beat Nebraska and lost to Maryland by 4. It is nice to finally be on the right side of one of these games. Hopefully the team now has more confidence and will continue to win the big games.

Very huge comeback from the 1st half. It appears to me that Laney, Scaife do not want to lose anymore games. Good for them but the others have to step up. Proud of them for not giving up.

RU played a very,very good basketball game. Defense was teriffic. Real team effort. Having Canty back makes a difference.

Great to see Scaife get her rythym back. Go RU.

Originally posted by Scarletwoman:
Very huge comeback from the 1st half. It appears to me that Laney, Scaife do not want to lose anymore games. Good for them but the others have to step up. Proud of them for not giving up.
while I thought that Evans and Rachel did pretty well at times on defense vs their big girl, I feel that offensively along with Butts the post is a total black hole, either they miss bunnies or cannot handle the pass or put it the ball on the floor and turn it over. Wasted possessions and too many silly fouls, if you are going to foul...FOUL and foul hard. Good thing we at least have 3 players to put there because if not the foul situation might not have been able to overcome.

I've been traveling, but caught the score while watching the Duke-UNC game on my Delta flight (which has Dish, so ESPN and ESPN2). A nice win over a ranked team.

(And, by the way, if you want an example of how to blow a game, what Carolina did with Duke should be Exhibit 1.)

Amazing that this Gopher team
lost their star player for the season.

Good thing we have three post players.

I haven't seen CVS this upset at the officials in a long time. She looked like she was about to attack them at times. Livid would be an appropriate word.

Sometimes we need more of this, even if it results in a technical. Other coaches get away with it.

Originally posted by MC1974:
I haven't seen CVS this upset at the officials in a long time. She looked like she was about to attack them at times. Livid would be an appropriate word.

Sometimes we need more of this, even if it results in a technical. Other coaches get away with it.
She had every right to be upset. They were terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT