ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Maryland Friday Night

Is Poz healthy and ready? He won't have an easy one. Shawver must not underestimate Braxton, who beat Peterson decisively in their first meeting last year. Cetta has a big test. White can win this one. Yara-Slav better pick up his pace with Nevills. Hopefully, no eggs will be laid.
Best that Poz sat out this one. White did win. Yara-Slav... Shawver remains impressive. I hope he keeps working with Rivera.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I think it’s absolutely hilarious that team score wise we are completely waxing Maryland and our resident clowns who think the sky is falling are nowhere to be found
Really, we our going to pump our chests out bc we beat Maryland. Also wouldnt say we waxed them. 125 handily. Shawver good but made it closer then needed to be. Moore, White, Turley all 1-2 pt matches. Soldano put on a show. Packer we knew and Yara looked like dogsh*t so dont really agree with your assessment.

Also forgot to say DeSantis wrestled great

Yeah when we wrestle Maryland MSU, Indiana and Purdue we can beat our chests. Everyone else is a struggle or loss.

Lets see how we do in Postseason. Thats what everyone points to.

Lets also pump our chests Weds when we shutout Bloomsburg

Very odd take.

Last edited:
Said it before, I’ll say it again. Big 10 schedule is a grind and it’s nothing like Yara has gone through before. Bulsak experienced similar. Moore has had some down moments this year. Just how it is. They’ll all benefit from a light schedule the next few weeks as big 10s approach.

Really, we our going to pump our chests out bc we beat Maryland. Also wouldnt say we waxed them. 125 handily. Shawver good but made it closer then needed to be. Moore, White, Turley all 1-2 pt matches. Soldano put on a show. Packer we knew and Yara looked like dogsh*t so dont really agree with your assessment.

Yeah when we wrestle Maryland MSU, Indiana and Purdue we can beat our chests. Everyone else is a struggle or loss.

Very odd take.
Bro shut up. It’s hilarious that idiots like you will down play a win because we’re the better program but throw yourselves to the ground when we get waxed by the undisputed best team in the country. You can’t have it both ways. Just miserable no matter what the outcome. Really odd way to go through life but you do you pal.

Stall for escaping and circling in 10 seconds into a period. It’s comical how we get no beneficial calls
Actually thought Ref was good. Much better then some of these clowns past few weeks. Angel and the clown vs Minnesota. Very few reviews, bricks or arguments and kept himself out if it for most part which is what you want.

Sure we can always point to a few things but overall thought a lot better then others.

Last edited:
Bro shut up. It’s hilarious that idiots like you will down play a win because we’re the better program but throw yourselves to the ground when we get waxed by the undisputed best team in the country. You can’t have it both ways. Just miserable no matter what the outcome. Really odd way to go through life but you do you pal.
A tad defensive, like always? One of the two giggle twins with pom-poms.

Is Cetta sick? He’s getting absolutely mauled.
No Miller is good and I think Bad matchup for him. Able to match his athleticism. The 4 backs which seemed a bit quick made it worse. Think Cetta was thinking big move to get Miller reversed to his back

Very odd take.
There ya go ..your back...can always count on you to throw the team under the bus ...win or lose we can always rely on you to find something wrong ..you're a disgrace

No Miller is good and I think Bad matchup for him. Able to match his athleticism. The 4 backs which seemed a bit quick made it worse. Think Cetta was thinking big move to get Miller reversed to his back
He had a mich better match on Monday against #10 Kasak. So you’re saying Kasak isn’t as athletic as Miller. Come on.

I will voice my opinion however I see fit. If you dont like it put me on ignore. I root for all of our guys but I also dont watch with rose colored glasses. Its a win. I wouldnt say it was overly impressive:

Peterson, DeSantis, Soldano and Shawver wrestled well. Others did what they needed to do but wouldn’t say overly impressive especially considering your earlier take they had zero chance to win.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Reactions: rutgersron
He had a mich better match on Monday against #10 Kasak. So you’re saying Kasak isn’t as athletic as Miller. Come on.
I agree he 100% did have a much better match vs Kasak. Maybe he wasnt feeling well like you said. Just seemed like a bad matchup for him.

Reactions: koleszar
Said it before, I’ll say it again. Big 10 schedule is a grind and it’s nothing like Yara has gone through before. Bulsak experienced similar. Moore has had some down moments this year. Just how it is. They’ll all benefit from a light schedule the next few weeks as big 10s approach.
Your best take of the night. Rest will hopefully do us good. Some guys definitely need it: Peterson, Moore, Turley, Poz and Yara all seem like they need some rest. Obviously Poz being hurt. Maybe even Cetta could use the break too.

Reactions: KidDagger
The moron can't help himself ...surprised he didn't say Goody should be fired too like he always does ...he is a joke .

Bro chill, you became very defensive when all I was saying was to not take a much improved Maryland team lightly.. have some respect for our opponents or we might lose some matches u didn’t expect.. you somehow imagined this as me shitting on our team.. like no…

Your best take of the night, b10 schedule is a grind.. upsets can happen..

Bro chill, you became very defensive when all I was saying was to not take a much improved Maryland team lightly.. have some respect for our opponents or we might lose some matches u didn’t expect.. you somehow imagined this as me shitting on our team.. like no…

Your best take of the night, b10 schedule is a grind.. upsets can happen..
I never said you were dumping on the team. I have no issues with your posts. Just didn’t think there was any chance Maryland had a path to victory tonight.

I will voice my opinion however I see fit. If you dont like it put me on ignore. I root for all of our guys but I also dont watch with rose colored glasses. Its a win. I wouldnt say it was overly impressive:

Peterson, DeSantis, Soldano and Shawver wrestled well. Others did what they needed to do but wouldn’t say overly impressive especially considering your earlier take they had zero chance to win.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Your opinion is either fire the coach or bash the effort of the kids even when we win and especially when we lose to a better program ..you're a joke and everyone knows it....you want top 5 results from kids that are not top 5 recruits and blame our coaches for not coaching them up to top 5 results ...shut the he'll up for once....

Last nights match vs Maryland was actually quite entertaining and I thought RU wrestled well overall. 7 bouts to 3, nice win. Maybe as an “outsider” (though long-time season ticket holder) I have a different perspective on RUs program - RU beat every team they were expected to this season - every one of them! That is not easy - no letdowns vs programs that should be defeated. There were only 2 dual meets that RU had a real shot at and came up a little short: Va Tech and Minnesota, but the team wrestled well overall in both of them - certainly competitive. As were the losses vs UM and OSU - programs with huge budgets and in UMs case - a mercenary line up of transfers.

to sum up - I think RU program did a reasonably good job in duals this season - tough, competitive kids that are clearly not intimidated and give their best effort. Next step is to win the VA Tech, Minnesota type duals, which is a step I believe the program can take. Just my 2 cents…

Last nights match vs Maryland was actually quite entertaining and I thought RU wrestled well overall. 7 bouts to 3, nice win. Maybe as an “outsider” (though long-time season ticket holder) I have a different perspective on RUs program - RU beat every team they were expected to this season - every one of them! That is not easy - no letdowns vs programs that should be defeated. There were only 2 dual meets that RU had a real shot at and came up a little short: Va Tech and Minnesota, but the team wrestled well overall in both of them - certainly competitive. As were the losses vs UM and OSU - programs with huge budgets and in UMs case - a mercenary line up of transfers.

to sum up - I think RU program did a reasonably good job in duals this season - tough, competitive kids that are clearly not intimidated and give their best effort. Next step is to win the VA Tech, Minnesota type duals, which is a step I believe the program can take. Just my 2 cents…
Pretty fair analysis.

Despite how loud the pessimists are, we’re a top 15 team in the country. Maryland is not.

I definitely agree that Rutgers is in a different class than Maryland but I'm not as certain about the top 15 claim. Recent post season finishes have come up short of that. 1 of the past 3 had Rutgers inside that marker. Last year was far below. I am a fan of a more dual focused format but I know it doesn't matter what I think but instead what actually is. Right now its all about the post season. Rutgers will need to perform when it matters to be top 15. They have the firepower to do it!

*edited to correct horrendous typos*

Last edited:
I thought we did well but Yara needs to get more offensive. Now we have to get ready for the Big Tens and NCAAs.
Hope he’s able to get his confidence back.. a lot of what separates the best is the mental side of it…. Seemed like Yara was pushing the pace in his match against Nevills… he was very close to getting the TD in the third but Nevills was able to slick counter it… not sure if it’s a size thing, gas tank thing, or mental block but seems like last few matches it’s tied to third, Yara takes a shot, gets countered n loses. Hope he can rebound.

Win is a win … need to win the ones you expect to. Doing that again after last years dip.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I remember we wrestled his sons team in hs.. dematha.. that guy talked shit all match.. I think we probably won by 40.
He wore brightly colored clothes to draw attention to himself. Prior to being banned by the Washington NBA team he would sit behind the opponents bench and do things like read passages to Michael Jordan from the “Jordan Rules” book. His actions speak for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT