ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Maryland Friday Night

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
No. 14 Rutgers wrestling (10-5, 3-4) returns to Piscataway for its final two duals of the season, beginning with Maryland (4-6, 2-5) on Friday at Jersey Mike's Arena. The conference dual is set for 7 p.m. and will stream on Big Ten Plus, with Nick Kosko and Matt Howe on the call.

Is Poz healthy and ready? He won't have an easy one. Shawver must not underestimate Braxton, who beat Peterson decisively in their first meeting last year. Cetta has a big test. White can win this one. Yara-Slav better pick up his pace with Nevills. Hopefully, no eggs will be laid.

Is Poz healthy and ready? He won't have an easy one. Shawver must not underestimate Braxton, who beat Peterson decisively in their first meeting last year. Cetta has a big test. White can win this one. Yara-Slav better pick up his pace with Nevills. Hopefully, no eggs will be laid.
Well, if you go to the link you would see that at 197 Poz or Toranzo or Packer are the listed probables.

Well, if you go to the link you would see that at 197 Poz or Toranzo or Packer are the listed probables.
He's probably asking for some inside info from Bill or someone else in the know as he was out of school last week.

If we take Maryland lightly they can beat us… seems like they are better this year then in the past..

Maryland favored in : 49/57/97
They could realistically win: 33/41/65/74/hwt as well… wow this could be close…

If we take Maryland lightly they can beat us… seems like they are better this year then in the past..

WrestleStat has it as a 24-9 Rutgers win taking the bouts at 25, 33, 41, 65, 74, 84, and HWT, for what it's worth. It ball depends on who is able to wrestle and goes out on the mat tonight.

WrestleStat has it as a 24-9 Rutgers win taking the bouts at 25, 33, 41, 65, 74, 84, and HWT, for what it's worth. It ball depends on who is able to wrestle and goes out on the mat tonight.
We r def the fav.. no doubt but not as big as ppl think.. maryland has plenty of winnable matches if we take them lightly…

We are only heavy fav in 25/74/84/hwt…
we are slight fav in 33/41/65
its possible maryland could win 5 matches.. they are already favored in 3 49/57/97

Maryland has one big 10 win ever. You are out of your mind if you think they have a chance at beating us. Despite how loud the pessimists are, we’re a top 15 team in the country. Maryland is not.

Reactions: Vinny B
Maryland has one big 10 win ever. You are out of your mind if you think they have a chance at beating us. Despite how loud the pessimists are, we’re a top 15 team in the country. Maryland is not.
They are better then years past.. they have a win over pitt this year too… they are unlikely to beat us but if u don’t think they they have a shot to win 5 bouts then idk…

They are better then years past.. they have a win over pitt this year too… they are unlikely to beat us but if u don’t think they they have a shot to win 5 bouts then idk…
They’re not winning 5 bouts and if by some catastrophic circumstances they do, we will 100% hammer bonus points. They are better than years past but they are not on our level despite what the pessimistic people want to make it seem like.

The only way Maryland realistically has a chance is if there are injury defaults. Any real thought of them beating us is simply preposterous.

Maryland has improved tons. They haven't been good since they lost their coach to Lehigh. But it was last year that they beat Pitt. This year they lost to Pitt in a nail-biter...

Reactions: KidDagger
They’re not winning 5 bouts and if by some catastrophic circumstances they do, we will 100% hammer bonus points. They are better than years past but they are not on our level despite what the pessimistic people want to make it seem like.

The only way Maryland realistically has a chance is if there are injury defaults. Any real thought of them beating us is simply preposterous.
If I had to predict I’d say they r winning 3 bouts… but 5 isn’t crazy.. don’t think u r even reading what I’m writing … we will win but there is a universe we lose to them if we lay a goose egg… it’s like saying Nebraska has a super outside chance to beat Penn state if everything aligns like it did for them to win 8 bouts against Michigan… Nebraska matches up really well against Penn state.. realistically they win 2 or 3 bouts maybe… but perfect storm they have a chance at 5 or 6….

Anyways when I saw us facing Maryland I wrote it off as a stomp… but when looking at matchups closer… they have a real shot at 3 bouts n possibly 5 or 6 if they had a perfect storm.. but it’s highly unlikely.

If I had to predict I’d say they r winning 3 bouts… but 5 isn’t crazy.. don’t think u r even reading what I’m writing … we will win but there is a universe we lose to them if we lay a goose egg… it’s like saying Nebraska has a super outside chance to beat Penn state if everything aligns like it did for them to win 8 bouts against Michigan… Nebraska matches up really well against Penn state.. realistically they win 2 or 3 bouts maybe… but perfect storm they have a chance at 5 or 6….

Anyways when I saw us facing Maryland I wrote it off as a stomp… but when looking at matchups closer… they have a real shot at 3 bouts n possibly 5 or 6 if they had a perfect storm.. but it’s highly unlikely.
I’m reading everything you’re writing. There is no universe where Maryland beats us this year or anybody beats Penn State

Stall for escaping and circling in 10 seconds into a period. It’s comical how we get no beneficial calls

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I’m reading everything you’re writing. There is no universe where Maryland beats us this year or anybody beats Penn State
Guess u never seen big upsets before in college wrestling.. didnt Ohio state lose to pitt.. Little Rock best Arizona state… it’s rare but does happen.. n I agree we r beating Maryland n Penn state undefeated..

Hey what ever happened to that loud old guy from Maryland? He was annoying... Yet entertaining at the same time...

Reactions: Bobbynieds
That was an atrocious stall call on Al. That is not backing off the mat.

Last edited:
Guess u never seen big upsets before in college wrestling.. didnt Ohio state lose to pitt.. Little Rock best Arizona state… it’s rare but does happen.. n I agree we r beating Maryland n Penn state undefeated..
I’ve seen upsets. The ones you’re suggesting could happen will not happen.

i like the sound of Frankie Edgar saying maybe one of his sons end up at RU

Soldano just had his opponent on his back longer than Cetta was on his back earlier. Soldano gets 0 swipe. Cetta concedes 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT